U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 AM

3,161 posts, read 3,818,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr romney lost nothing. he showed real guts as did everyone that voted for him. i spent money to elect him and routed for what was right, a balanced budget. the crazy behavior in DC makes me realize i did the right thing. no spending cuts higher taxes and higher debt cliff/ceiling. the only sense i can make out promise of limitless opportunities is that he hopes to get the 17 trillion he owes out of the corporations, good luck.

yup.
Mr. Romney terrified the obama leg-humping, freeloading, parasites that call themselves democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 AM

39,131 posts, read 20,262,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
yup.
Mr. Romney terrified the obama leg-humping, freeloading, parasites that call themselves democrats.
And the obama leg-humping, freeloading, parasites that call themselves democrats are so proud of themselves that they got their panties all bunched up when Romney called them the 47%.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,592,246 times
For all the Romney baggers here....final popular vote count % for Obama and Romney ...bwahahaha

United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM

Obama, Dems, Repubs, .... the political class. The political class produces nothing. They do nothing to make our lives better or help us make a better living even though we hired them to do so.

Obama and the political class in DC are getting rich by siphoning money from the rest of the country (you and me) and into Washington. Obama must be laughing his ass off as he siphons your money into his hands and you defend him no matter what.

Government is big business and you don't even realize it.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM

The nations top 10 wealthiest counties now surround Washington, D.C.

They include Loudoun County, Va., ranked No. 1, with a median household income over $119,000 dollars a year. Fairfax County, Va., was second with $105,000 and Arlington County, Va., third with just over $100,000 a year in median household income.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM

In recent years Washington has attracted more lobbyists and firms with an interest in financial regulations signed into law by Obama and DC has become richer than Silicon Valley.

Lobbyist (big money) plays a big role in the Washington economy (12,964 registered lobbyists). At least 17 senators and 11 members of the House have children, spouses or other close relatives who are lobbyist. Reid's sons and son-in-law have worked as lobbyists.

The tax payer and borrowed money is paying for it. No, Obama is not worried about the government debt because just like GM the tax payer will bail the government out. When the time comes Obama will just spew out more increase tax propaganda and the American people will naively believe him and buy into it.

As the rest of the country worries about feeding their family, paying the mortgage Washington is swimming in money but Obama already said he is going to raise taxes again. Now Dems, get out there and cheer as Obama says he is going to raise taxes.

The naivety of the American people is astounding. Democrat, Republican who cares. The American people should be furious but they have their heads in the sand and cheer at anything Obama says without realizing they are being taken for a ride.

Last edited by petch751; 01-26-2013 at 09:56 AM..

Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM

62,684 posts, read 34,168,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yes. His comment about the 47% was actally a very salient point, and an important matter that has been largely ignored. This is the number of tax filers who pay zero or less federal income taxes. The number was fairly stable from 1950 to 1990 at around 20 pct. Starting around 1990 it took off like a jet, reaching 47% in 2012.
Taxes have been lowered to a point where there are fewer payers. Ironically Romey wanted to lower them even more.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:55 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,849,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Mitt didn't win the election? OMG! Those Fox polls had Mitt winning by a landslide. Rove and Dick Morris predicted landslides as well. Surely Mitt is today's president, no?
They predicted a landslide for Romney - so they were half right.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 AM

7,371 posts, read 4,623,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Mitt Romney: ?I?m not going away? - Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

So Republicans, do you want this unemployed loser hanging around your party in public?
Yes, I do. Romney is not the guy I voted for in my state's primary - he's not the guy I wanted the Republicans to run for President. But I see no reason why he shouldn't "hang around". Conservatives don't march in lockstep and don't have ideological tests the way liberals do. You don't get ostracized for not toeing the line as a conservative the way you do if you become too politically incorrect as a liberal.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,379,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, I do. Romney is not the guy I voted for in my state's primary - he's not the guy I wanted the Republicans to run for President. But I see no reason why he shouldn't "hang around". Conservatives don't march in lockstep and don't have ideological tests the way liberals do. You don't get ostracized for not toeing the line as a conservative the way you do if you become too politically incorrect as a liberal.
You nailed it. Conservatives think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or