U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Jawjah
2,468 posts, read 1,596,850 times
Reputation: 1099

Advertisements

Mitt Romney: ?I?m not going away? - Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

So Republicans, do you want this unemployed loser hanging around your party in public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,271,624 times
Reputation: 7950
Yes. His comment about the 47% was actally a very salient point, and an important matter that has been largely ignored. This is the number of tax filers who pay zero or less federal income taxes. The number was fairly stable from 1950 to 1990 at around 20 pct. Starting around 1990 it took off like a jet, reaching 47% in 2012.
Tax foundation report on the growth of 'nonpayers' of federal income tax.
It was a major shift that was hardly covered by the MSM or debated in the public discourse. During the election Dems completely demagogued the question. Maybe Mitt Romney can do a terrific public service by revisiting this and other issues. I'm all for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Texas
43,556 posts, read 52,658,619 times
Reputation: 70810
Please go away.
And try to get lost.

This is a lost party.
We need a real conservative (not a religious right pandering mealy mouthed slickster) to bring it back to what it needs to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
 
2,542 posts, read 3,621,322 times
Reputation: 994
We're going to need someone when the idiots in the White House go to gitmo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
 
3,463 posts, read 4,540,822 times
Reputation: 7127
This is great news.
With the republican party digressing to nothing more than sort of a training course in carnival freak show barking, another nail gets pounded into the coffin of this craziness with every Rmoney, Ryan, Bachmann or philandering SC politician whom avers "they are not going away"

Keep not going away you guys, luv ya man !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Jawjah
2,468 posts, read 1,596,850 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yes. His comment about the 47% was actally a very salient point, and an important matter that has been largely ignored. This is the number of tax filers who pay zero or less federal income taxes. The number was fairly stable from 1950 to 1990 at around 20 pct. Starting around 1990 it took off like a jet, reaching 47% in 2012.
Tax foundation report on the growth of 'nonpayers' of federal income tax.
It was a major shift that was hardly covered by the MSM or debated in the public discourse. During the election Dems completely demagogued the question. Maybe Mitt Romney can do a terrific public service by revisiting this and other issues. I'm all for it.
Yes because slamming the elderly and low income people (both Democrats and Republicans) is always the right way to go

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...nb_splitPage=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Southern California
15,087 posts, read 17,563,220 times
Reputation: 10299
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Mitt Romney: ?I?m not going away? - Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

So Republicans, do you want this unemployed loser hanging around your party in public?
I read no evidence of terror in that article.

[nothing newsworthy in that article]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,271,624 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Yes because slamming the elderly and low income people (both Democrats and Republicans) is always the right way to go

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...nb_splitPage=0
So based on your response, you implicitly believe that Bill Clinton was guilty of "slamming the elderly and low income people." At the end of his second term, 1999, the number of non-payers was 25.6%, not far from half of the 47% figure from last year. Is that what you think? Bill Clinton slammed the elderly and low-income people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
Reputation: 18050
That is the problem ;they are goig nopwhere. But they might have a different story when austerity comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,665 posts, read 74,612,986 times
Reputation: 48173
mr romney lost nothing. he showed real guts as did everyone that voted for him. i spent money to elect him and routed for what was right, a balanced budget. the crazy behavior in DC makes me realize i did the right thing. no spending cuts higher taxes and higher debt cliff/ceiling. the only sense i can make out promise of limitless opportunities is that he hopes to get the 17 trillion he owes out of the corporations, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top