U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,586,607 times
Reputation: 3949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are a self professed "historian dude". Do you own research.

I gave you a secondary source. Go find a library.
I can only assume from your response that you cannot support your assertions and provide quotations of these alleged letters. No matter.

Timothy McVeigh was seditious scum, a traitor, a terrorist, a murderer of children.

He is only marginally inferior to those who would defend him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,913,064 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I can only assume from your response that you cannot support your assertions and provide quotations of these alleged letters. No matter.
I most certainly can - but I am not your secretary, will not transcribe them word for word from a book, and I will not quote portions of the letters because it would eliminate the context.

I told you what book you can check out from a library(a library is a building with a lot of books in it that allows people with priveleges to borrow the books - or you can review the material on site - just so you know) if you are interested in reading his letters.

A Google search will also likely be helpful.

Now run along and do some research. You are a big boy and don't need me to hold your hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,324,099 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
You are missing my point. At least a letter will be proof on record that person's intent was to be loyal to the USA rather than the other country.
no the only person missing the point here is you. a letter will do nothing to show loyalty wishes to give up his/her citizenship . that's why official steps are put in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,586,607 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I most certainly can
I don't believe you.

But thanks for pretending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:19 AM
 
31,995 posts, read 32,756,517 times
Reputation: 14899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
no the only person missing the point here is you. a letter will do nothing to show loyalty wishes to give up his/her citizenship . that's why official steps are put in place.
Actually legally it would mean something in the USA especially if there is no way as you say to renounce one's other citizenship. BTW, what countries can't you renounce your citizenship in that allow dual citizenship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 AM
 
16,650 posts, read 9,024,815 times
Reputation: 6723
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Abe does not have a real great reputation when it comes to his honoring the Constitution.
He saved it.

No democracy can last when part of the country chooses to break off, because they didn't like the results of a free election.....so that they may protect their bondage of other men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top