Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I have seen it time and again. Sarah Palin,Michele Bachmann,Michele Malkin. On and On....they are attacked,ridiculed,made fun of by liberals...why are you so scared of Republican women? Is it because they are Republican? The very fact of your made up Republican war on women is destroyed when they have strong beautiful women standing up for Republican party...
Ridiculous people invite ridicule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'm just APPALLED by some of the woman who have caught the fancy of the Republican Party. It's embarrassing as a woman...it's embarrassing as an intelligent person, it's just embarrassing period.

There are good woman in the GOP, but they aren't talking smack and making headlines.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,140 times
Reminds me of a joke I heard once. What is the difference between Al Franken and Michele Bachman?

One was capable of making a living as a fine comedian while the other is a clown for free.

The only thing to be afraid of is that people actually take these kooks seriously. Other than that, they are entertaining and provide a barrels of laughs.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm just APPALLED by some of the woman who have caught the fancy of the Republican Party. It's embarrassing as a woman...it's embarrassing as an intelligent person, it's just embarrassing period.

There are good woman in the GOP, but they aren't talking smack and making headlines.
I couldn't agree more. Sarah Palin set back women; it is very unlikely any Republican woman would get taken seriously for decades due to Palin. Very similar to the Ferraro token affect 28 years ago.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I've always had some weird attraction toward Bachmann. I think she'd be a nutcase in the sack, probably even tie me up and force me to bang her little army of anti-Semitic Bachmann midgets. So yes, I'd hit it.
I hear ya man...The crazy ones are always a demon in the sack...

Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
That's what I am talking about. Why do you feel they are insane? Liberals are scared of conservative republican women....it scares the hell out of them.
I'm scared of crazy people, regardless of political affiliation.

Not all conservative Republican women are crazy. The fact that when one thinks of "Republican women" and think of the dingbats you mentioned, that's crazy.

But the fact of the matter is, the four most devastating moments in the Couric interviews--her inability to identify a single Supreme Court decision with which she disagreed; her failure to name a newspaper or magazine that she read; her sarcastic response of "I'll try to find you some and I'll bring 'em to ya," to Couric asking her for an example of McCain pushing for economic regulation in the senate; and, perhaps most importantly, her bizarre series of non sequiturs in response to a question about the economy--are all clearly unedited, single-take responses.

Geoffrey Dunn: Palin vs. Couric: Recounting the Infamous 2008 Campaign Interview

Here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZVh_u5RyiU

Go ahead, show me the brilliance. I'll be right here.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,804 times
Quote:
I have seen it time and again. Sarah Palin,Michele Bachmann,Michele Malkin. On and On....they are attacked,ridiculed,made fun of by liberals...why are you so scared of Republican women? Is it because they are Republican? The very fact of your made up Republican war on women is destroyed when they have strong beautiful women standing up for Republican party...
You can't figure out why Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann scare us? Surely, you jest.

Last edited by sky1949; 01-25-2013 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Name misspelled

Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I couldn't agree more. Sarah Palin set back women; it is very unlikely any Republican woman would get taken seriously for decades due to Palin. Very similar to the Ferraro token affect 28 years ago.
I don't fully buy into this argument. It is saying that George Bush set back white males and they will not be taken seriously for decades.

While some people are bigots, many will not look at Sarah Palin as epitomizing all women. Many do not look at Bush to epitomize all white males. Many do not look at Obama to epitomize all black males.

It is not because she was a women or a Republican, but an outright idiot. However, this seems on par for the GOP, regardless of race or sex.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times
They scare you because they are. Women who are Republicans and they don't fall for the war on women garbage....they go against everything liberals are trying pull.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
They scare you because they are. Women who are Republicans and they don't fall for the war on women garbage....they go against everything liberals are trying pull.
I'm amazed you could watch that 26 minute video in 60 seconds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies