U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 PM

4,808 posts, read 3,451,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Yep so crazy and stupid,Both Palin and Bachmann were elected to national office more than once,one was a VP candidate....yet you don't think the president is an idiot for thinking we have 57 states....amazing...so care to try again? Liberals are scared of strong,conservative women....its pretty obvious.You can't beat them so you attack them.
Bachman

I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending." –Rep. Michele Bachmann, suggesting at a presidential campaign event in Florida that the 2011 East Coast earthquake and hurricane was a message from God (Aug. 2011)

"Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann, getting her John Waynes mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, where she grew up. The beloved movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa, three hours away. The John Wayne that Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer. (June 2011)

"Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, recalling in a 2006 speech at a Megachurch in Minneapolis that pursuing tax law wasn't her choice, but she did so at the urging of her husband because she was certain God was speaking through him

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009
But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States. ... I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly -- men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, botching American history while speaking at an Iowan's for Tax Relief event in January 2011. The Founding Fathers did not work to end slavery, and John Quincy Adams was not one of the Founding Fathers.

Yep that sounds like a strong intelligent women, she is about as sane as your average rw cd poster.

Ann Coulter

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"You will find liberals always rooting for savages against civilization." –Ann Coulter
"They didn't root for the Nazis against civilization." –Bill O'Reilly
"Oh yes they did. ... It was only when Hitler invaded their precious Soviet Union that at the last minute they came in and suddenly started saying oh no, now you have to fight Hitler." –Ann Coulter, "The O'Reilly Factor," May 7, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,444,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Republican women stand up and push back with their views and they are called crazy. Liberal women/Hillery do the same thing and they are strong and brave. Give me a break. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
The economic philosophy of the right doesn't seem to equate to the best interest of our country's women(except for the Palin's, Malkin's, Bachman's, Coulter's clans of the party. Meaning the ones' being paid to espouse the inanities of their party's philosophy). The healthcare platform the right pushes doesn't seem to equate to the best interest of our country's women(except for those I listed in the previous sentence, or those who are rich themselves or married to someone who is rich), and even then the rights' stance on women's contraceptions and their staunch pro-life platform aren't beneficial to a lot of women(of course that doesn't matter as much if you're a woman who is rich or married to someone rich for you can get the contraceptives or find/afford a doctor for the abortion, it only matters if you feel connected to other women's struggles). The war hawkishness of the right doesn't seem to equate to the best interest of our country's women(except for those who are rich or married to someone rich, because then their children won't have to go and fight). No, the reality of the situation just doesn't seem very favorable to a woman being actually content with the rights' viewpoints.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 PM

217 posts, read 295,091 times
THAT WAS GOTCHA JOURNALISM AND YOU KNOW IT. Barak put on the spot would have either less informative response or be nasty like the narcissist he it.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 PM

3,448 posts, read 2,666,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
The economic philosophy of the right doesn't seem to equate to the best interest of our country's women(except for the Palin's, Malkin's, Bachman's, Coulter's clans of the party. Meaning the ones' being paid to espouse the inanities of their party's philosophy). The healthcare platform the right pushes doesn't seem to equate to the best interest of our country's women(except for those I listed in the previous sentence, or those who are rich themselves or married to someone who is rich), and even then the rights' stance on women's contraceptions and their staunch pro-life platform aren't beneficial to a lot of women(of course that doesn't matter as much if you're a woman who is rich or married to someone rich for you can get the contraceptives or find/afford a doctor for the abortion, it only matters if you feel connected to other women's struggles). The war hawkishness of the right doesn't seem to equate to the best interest of our country's women(except for those who are rich or married to someone rich, because then their children won't have to go and fight). No, the reality of the situation just doesn't seem very favorable to a woman being actually content with the rights' viewpoints.

Why not start a thread on abortion if that's the deal .. instead of railroading..?

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-25-2013 at 11:51 PM..

Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 AM

13,865 posts, read 10,839,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I have seen it time and again. Sarah Palin,Michele Bachmann,Michele Malkin. On and On....they are attacked,ridiculed,made fun of by liberals...why are you so scared of Republican women? Is it because they are Republican? The very fact of your made up Republican war on women is destroyed when they have strong beautiful women standing up for Republican party...
I have seen it time and again... conservatives launch threads defending dumb conservative women with a false premise about liberals being "scared" of them.

We are not scared of them; we are laughing at the bone-headed things they say and do. There is a difference.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 AM

12,715 posts, read 11,552,641 times
I don't know that Republican women attract any more liberal ire than Republican men, on average.

A few Republican women have even been rather highly thought of by most Democrats and independents I know: Betty Ford, Elizabeth Dole, Mary Matalin.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,728,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
The fact that they decided to be in the party that wants nothing more than to roll back their genders rights, makes me scared of what other decisions they'd make if they held an office of power.
What always cracks me up is that they completely miss the point that were it not for the women's movement, they wouldn't have the stage to be public figures.

How they miss that is beyond me.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:03 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,513,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
is it because Republican women only vote for the same party that their husband does.
Is this what liberals think? This is one of the stupidest comments ever!

Does Mary Matalin vote Democrat? Doubful (You do know who she is ... right?)

Quote:
This is because most Repubs are Christians and view their wives as property (as stated in OT)
Oh, so now you (an unbeliever, and a Marxist to boot) are going to tell Christians what we believe, and what the Bible says? You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. This is ignorance raised to a new level.

Quote:
a good case can therefore be made for not allowing married, female Republican women to vote.
Laughable. You make a fool of yourself.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 01-26-2013 at 04:17 AM..

Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,513,141 times
Quote:
I am sure you are in a minority though.
Your sure, huh? I think you are sure of nothing!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 AM

1,487 posts, read 2,046,374 times
Sarah Palin,Michele Bachmann,Michele Malkin; these women don't scare the opposition they are just always in the limelight for some of the more sensationalist comments they make.

But these Republican women; Kay Baily Hutchison (Texas), Olympia Snowe (Maine) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Florida) have real power, they know how to speak with conviction and intelligence. They are not just poster girls for the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies