U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,601,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Unfortunately I have little faith responsible adults would do the sane thing. Especially since the gun lobby is so highly paid. Guns are big businesses yo, especially with all the fear mongering by both sides.
I never said the amendment process is easy, it isn't supposed to be. However, if you think it should not be a right you only have one option and that is changing the constitution. I wouldn't support the change and I don't even own a gun, but if you convince enough states then you could do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,601,784 times
Quote:
So you want to change the law to mandatory sentencing....

Of course crimes are plead down, what is your point?

If you allow subjective interpretation or prosecutor discretion then how do you expect for it to be enforced across the board?
I'm not the one complaining about guns and I would prefer each state to handle their business as they see fit.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 PM

10,218 posts, read 6,802,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I'm not the one complaining about guns
So you concede your point then.

Quote:
I would prefer each state to handle their business as they see fit.
I think states should handle their business as they see fit in many cases, but not here.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I never said the amendment process is easy, it isn't supposed to be. However, if you think it should not be a right you only have one option and that is changing the constitution. I wouldn't support the change and I don't even own a gun, but if you convince enough states then you could do it.
And I never said It believed it would be or did I imply it was meant to be easy. I completely understand the process.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM

34,349 posts, read 18,606,387 times
Quote:
Well wouldn't that involve.... wait for it.... changing the law?
No, it's called enforcing the current law.....

Quote:
Remember you're little talk about criminals..... But we just need to enforce it! We need to better enforce murder laws too! And rape laws! If we just enforce them.... they will just take care of themselves!?!?!?
Then what do you propose? More laws on top of the current laws about rape and murder?

Those current rape and murder laws are working great, right?

Quote:
Everyone is born with the right.... you can't take it away without amending the Constitution.... I'm not talking about the legal age to own a weapon.........
It's great that you changed you first remark to fit your answer, how convenient of a leftist...

Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I've already told you what I would do.

Yea, add more laws to the current existing laws that don't work.....screw enforcement....

Quote:
Do you not understand what a criminal is or do have some fantasy notion that crime will ever go away?
Yes, I do, do you have some fantasy that if you introduce more law the criminal will go away?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
So you want to change the law to mandatory sentencing....

Of course crimes are plead down, what is your point?

No plea bargains....enforce the law....
Quote:
If you allow subjective interpretation or prosecutor discretion then how do you expect for it to be enforced across the board?
There should be no interpenetration. But then people like you would complain about that....oh, wait....

Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,167,501 times
More people with some automatics they didn't need?

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, it's called enforcing the current law.....
You don't understand what discretion or subjective mean when applied to law do you?

Quote:
Then what do you propose? More laws on top of the current laws about rape and murder?
I already told you what I want, to start over and make guns a privilege. Clearly you can't keep up with the conversation or you are intentionally lying and putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
Those current rape and murder laws are working great, right?
Hell of lot better than without law enforcement and a legal system.

Quote:
It's great that you changed you first remark to fit your answer, how convenient of a leftist...
How typical of a rightest, can't keep up with a simple conversation....

Quote:
Yea, add more laws to the current existing laws that don't work.....screw enforcement....
Yea, I've already agreed with you several pages ago if you could just simply keep up with the conversation.

Quote:
Yes, I do, do you have some fantasy that if you introduce more law the criminal will go away?
Again, I've already agree with you that more laws aren't the answer, do you want me to give you the post number?

Quote:
There should be no interpenetration. But then people like you would complain about that....oh, wait....
Again, you don't seem to understand what discretion is......

Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
You don't understand what discretion or subjective mean when applied to law do you?
I do, because you fail to realize what "laws" are, is not my problem. If the law says "you will not sell/purchase/acquire a gun over state lines, unless you fill out the proper form, and you do not do this, you are a criminal.

Quote:
I already told you what I want, to start over and make guns a privilege. Clearly you can't keep up with the conversation or you are intentionally lying and putting words in my mouth.
I also agreed with you, but now you are stating that you want to make guns a privilege? Can you show me what post# you are talking about?

Quote:
Hell of lot better than without law enforcement and a legal system.
But, I thought that was the reason we have laws? You are supposed to obey them.....

Quote:
How typical of a rightest, can't keep up with a simple conversation....
Prove me wrong.....I'll be waiting on this one...

Quote:
Yea, I've already agreed with you several pages ago if you could just simply keep up with the conversation.
More law does not mean better rule......maybe I should have put a behind my posting.....

Quote:
Again, I've already agree with you that more laws aren't the answer, do you want me to give you the post number?
Yea, please do....

Quote:
Again, you don't seem to understand what discretion is......
I do, because you fail to realize what "laws" are, is not my problem. If the law says "you will not sell/purchase/acquire a gun over state lines, unless you fill out the proper form, and you do not do this, you are a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies