U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 PM

348 posts, read 372,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Ok... before this gets completely out of control, pun not intended... the constant practice of denigrating American cities because of their supposed strict or lax gun control laws is laughable. America's most restrictive city with respect to guns is still far more liberal than many parts of the world. LETS GET REAL!! When we rank countries by the number who are killed yearly by firearms the U.S. is in the top ten. China has 1.2 BILLION people and the chance of any one of them being killed by a gun is near infinitesimal. The chance of a U.S. citizen being shot is quite high. Being killed is not as high but still THOUSANDS of times higher than someone from, say, the UK being killed. The difference in death rates per 100,000 people is like U.S. 12 per 100,000 and the Uk 0.14 per 100,000. It doesn't take a GENIUS to see that something is very rotten in Denmark!!! It isn't the gun control laws ITS THE GUNS. As long as there are GUNS people will get killed by them. There are fewer guns in the UK, fewer people get killed by guns there. See how that works???

H

Hey there, ever heard of a black market? case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,597,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh? DC has a fenced border? I had no idea.
Nah, they have a bubble dome.

Wait until the weather warms up and Chicago will have 20+ people shot in a weekend.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:37 PM

12,482 posts, read 8,840,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proverbs23and7 View Post
Did he not know that Guns are now allowed in places where alcohol is served? We need more gun laws now! #sarcasm
I guess they missed the gun free zone sign

Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 PM

71 posts, read 51,574 times
It cracks me up how these anti-gunners talk like gun control legislation is going to magically make all guns disappear, so that there is no need for those who choose, to protect themselves and their families. Even lawmakers agree that if a ban were enforced it would take decades to get the numbers down to "insignificant levels". They don't even delude themselves into believing they could ever make guns completely disappear.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:34 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,838,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
That's why we need national gun control laws..When criminals can go to places like Texas and buy guns freely and bring them to cities like DC there's a problem..Straw buyers are problems. Comprehensive gun control is the way to go...Thanks for pointing this out!!
I call BS on this one. You can buy an unregistered or stolen handgun in DC easier than you could in Austin Texas.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,885,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm sure this guy drove to TX to legally buy a gun to use in DC. Makes total sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
National gun control laws won't stop the flow from Mexico or do anything about the existing guns.
Haha...Won't drive from Texas but they'll drivefrom Mexico.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Dummycrat thinking is the problem.

ALL of the dummycrat "solutions" that have cost TRILLIONS of dollars have produced more of what they were intended to prevent.

Leave the thinking to others.
"Dummycrat"..think I'll continue to ignore you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We do have national gun control laws.....how are they working for ya?

BTW, you know how you just said "Law" well guess what, if a person drives to Texas, and lies on the gun form for the background check....guess what, he is now a criminal....

I'm not sure how much more simple it is to explain?
What? So forcing a criminal to lie on a background check is bad? That's an impetiment to committing a criminal act in and of itself. No law stops ALL crime. I guess forcing sex offenders to register is bad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And how would national gun control laws have stopped this? Its not banning guns, according to the likes of you, so he still would have been able to buy a gun and shoot these 5 people. So explain to me how any national gun control laws will stop the problem?
How do national rape laws prevent all rapes? They don't!! But you do all you can to prevent the crimes. You gun nuts and your absolutist attitude is just silly..Show me ONE law that prevents ALL crime. ONE.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I call BS on this one. You can buy an unregistered or stolen handgun in DC easier than you could in Austin Texas.
Prove it..

Old 01-26-2013, 09:06 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,425,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Prove it..
I too am interested to see the accredited statistics....

Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM

10,195 posts, read 6,280,923 times
I think it was the black skull cap....time for a ban on skull caps!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies