Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,098,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That is what you on the left are doing, more laws upon laws upon laws.....
And that is stupid. It's 2013 and we need new and modern gun laws, modern environmental laws, etc. instead of making bureaucracies larger.

Quote:
Hey everybody the current laws do not work, so we are going to keep that law (and not enforce it) and throw more laws on top of that......then when that law does not work we are going to make more laws (even though we have other gun laws the CRIMINALS don't obey, and don't work and then throw more laws on top of those laws that don't work either.....

Hell the criminal has to start listening sometime, right...
I agree it's stupid. But so is the logic about the criminals.... Criminals by definition break laws.... and there will always be crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
SO they just need to "work" harder or do more "enforcing" then. I'm sure there are no underfunded and undermanned local, state, or federal law enforcement agencies in this country ....

Pretty easy to tell all you argument boils down to "because I can."
When criminals are caught with guns the first charge to get negotiated away is the gun charge. That is why only around 2% are prosecuted. I think the min sentence is 10 years. It's more difficult to prosecute a DWI than gun possession.

Quote:
Any breather is born with the right to own a gun in 2013... Yikes.... See I would rather make it privilege instead of a right to better weed out the crazies and the angry.
Well, there is an amendment process for that.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Ain't gona work. Told you all before, what the scumbag asswipe who killed my cousin stated after killing him. I don't follow no rules no laws, make my own.

Get a rush from seeing someone take their last breath. Nice ha. Don't care about gender or age of the person, do what i want. What was the scumbag doing, looking for drug money. He stabbed my cousin over and over and over and over again.
This is a sore topic to me, because i know damn well, criminals will never have a problem getting their hands on guns.

Scumbag. And yes i believe him. Criminals make their own rules up, and don't follow the damn law. What to do, i honestly sincerely do not know.

Sometimes changing something, and talking about it 24/7 only makes the situation much more worse.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM

46,222 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
SO they just need to "work" harder or do more "enforcing" then. I'm sure there are no underfunded and undermanned local, state, or federal law enforcement agencies in this country ....

No, you enforce the current laws, don't let them go because this is their "first gun offense."

Quote:
Pretty easy to tell all you argument boils down to "because I can."
Because you can what? Illegally go over state line and buy a gun, maybe you have missed the point for the last 2 pages of points.....it's illegal....

Quote:
Any breather is born with the right to own a gun in 2013... Yikes.... See I would rather make it privilege instead of a right to better weed out the crazies and the angry.
Yep. showing your true ignorance, not understanding or knowing gun laws......you have to be 18 for a rifle/shotgun and older for a pistol...

But you keep talking, and showing "how much you know about guns."

Old 03-01-2013, 06:25 PM

46,222 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
And that is stupid. It's 2013 and we need new and modern gun laws, modern environmental laws, etc. instead of making bureaucracies larger.
Well, you tell me what's happening then?

Are there existing laws that regulate guns right now, that are not working?

Are there proposed laws that are in congress to add to the current laws that don't work?

Those are simple questions, are you able to answer them? Truthfully?

Quote:
I agree it's stupid. But so is the logic about the criminals.... Criminals by definition break laws.... and there will always be crime.
So why are you adding laws that do nothing to the criminal and only to the law abiding citizen?

Your logic is flawed, and you just proved it in your own words...

Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
No, you enforce the current laws, don't let them go because this is their "first gun offense."
Well wouldn't that involve.... wait for it.... changing the law?

Quote:
Because you can what? Illegally go over state line and buy a gun, maybe you have missed the point for the last 2 pages of points.....it's illegal....
Remember you're little talk about criminals..... But we just need to enforce it! We need to better enforce murder laws too! And rape laws! If we just enforce them.... they will just take care of themselves!?!?!?

Quote:
Yep. showing your true ignorance, not understanding or knowing gun laws......you have to be 18 for a rifle/shotgun and older for a pistol...

But you keep talking, and showing "how much you know about guns."
Everyone is born with the right.... you can't take it away without amending the Constitution.... I'm not talking about the legal age to own a weapon.........

Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Well, there is an amendment process for that.
Unfortunately I have little faith responsible adults would do the sane thing. Especially since the gun lobby is so highly paid. Guns are big businesses yo, especially with all the fear mongering by both sides.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Well, you tell me what's happening then?

Are there existing laws that regulate guns right now, that are not working?

Are there proposed laws that are in congress to add to the current laws that don't work?

Those are simple questions, are you able to answer them? Truthfully?
I've already told you what I would do.

Quote:
So why are you adding laws that do nothing to the criminal and only to the law abiding citizen?

Your logic is flawed, and you just proved it in your own words...
Do you not understand what a criminal is or do have some fantasy notion that crime will ever go away?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Quote:
Well wouldn't that involve.... wait for it.... changing the law?
No, that is called prosecutor discretion. The prosecutor can decide not to prosecute or drop certain charges in exchange for a plea deal.

Quote:
Remember you're little talk about criminals..... But we just need to enforce it! We need to better enforce murder laws too! And rape laws! If we just enforce them.... they will just take care of themselves!?!?!?
See my above point. Sometimes rape and murder is plead down too. I have never heard of the entire rape or murder charge getting dropped though.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
No, that is called prosecutor discretion. The prosecutor can decide not to prosecute or drop certain charges in exchange for a plea deal.
So you want to change the law to mandatory sentencing....

Quote:
See my above point. Sometimes rape and murder is plead down too. I have never heard of the entire rape or murder charge getting dropped though.
Of course crimes are plead down, what is your point?

If you allow subjective interpretation or prosecutor discretion then how do you expect for it to be enforced across the board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies