U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 AM

66,205 posts, read 33,611,236 times

Advertisements

Write and pass a law that makes me and many americans criminals, then shout criminals cannot own a gun period.

How is that for a plan to revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 AM

16,885 posts, read 13,002,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refresh1 View Post
The cops are paid by those with to much money and so yes I want them to do the job.

go read the scotus arguements. the cops are there for the general protection of the public. they do not have to stop crime for any individual at all.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 AM

16,885 posts, read 13,002,080 times
Quote:
I believe that only certain people should have guns. Not that guns are bad. The right people with certain beliefs should have them.

I believe only certain people should have guns too.

every person who is not in the civilian arms of the state and federal government, no LEOs and no FLEAs at all should be allowed to have and use any firearms at all.

better that the people protect themselves, than having to have a cop nearby and just stand there. because cops do not have to answer any 911 call or protect any person at all.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM

21,314 posts, read 11,529,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Parents own guns BECAUSE they care for their kids and their safety.Nuff Said.
You are approx 10,000 X more likely to save your child's life by learning CPR and the Heimlich maneuver than you are by having a gun in the house.

Your child is approx 5000X more likely to be killed by your gun than they are to be protected by it.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM

33,954 posts, read 18,458,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You are approx 10,000 X more likely to save your child's life by learning CPR and the Heimlich maneuver than you are by having a gun in the house.

Your child is approx 5000X more likely to be killed by your gun than they are to be protected by it.
Cite?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 AM

66,205 posts, read 33,611,236 times
Quote:

My daughter knows not to touch my guns. She has her own.

I guess it is all about parenting and how your raised. Some are not meant to have guns, because their parents have handicapped them physiologically and with ignorance.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 AM

14,164 posts, read 11,585,846 times
Quote:

This is a tired and dried out argument. My son has been shooting since he was old enough to operate a weapon unassisted. He has been shooting competitively since he was 10. At 17, now, he is a Grand Master class shooter, and I can't beat him. Neither can a lot of other seasoned competitors. A friend of his shoots for Team Smith &Wesson. She is 16, is maybe 5'you tall and 90I #s soaking wet in work boots. And she is perfectly polished, and a real treat to watch on the range. There are a lot more kids like this, out here, than I think you care to know about. It blows your argument out of the water.
Oh! And wonder, of wonders, these kids use AR 15s , shotguns, and hi cap handguns to compete. Funny, how these vicious weapons have not turned on them yet. . Once again, this narrow and biased view of the shooting community makes statements like your look VERY foolish. Educate yourself. Go see a competition. Talk to the folks. See what the shooting community is REALLY like. Tben get back to me.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 AM

10,583 posts, read 8,261,437 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Well, I think that blows it.

This "Refresh1" person is clearly a troll who is deliberately playing dumb, mouthing the most ignorant-sounding absurdities he can think up, maybe to get incredulous reactions (like the ones he's getting). He throws in random misspellings to heighten the illusion of a terminally dumb bunny.

I wasn't sure for a while. But nobody could possibly be as ignorant and unthinking as "Refresh1" is portraying here.

Interesting act. But what's the point?
I believe that only certain people should have guns. Not that guns are bad. The right people with certain beliefs should have them.
I rest my case.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 AM

83 posts, read 39,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I rest my case.
What does that mean?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 AM

14,136 posts, read 7,640,924 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I know where you pulled those numbers out of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies