U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 AM
 
5,190 posts, read 4,106,310 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

and why is an STD worse then any other kind of infectious disease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2013, 03:46 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,971,775 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
and why is an STD worse then any other kind of infectious disease?
I agree that those with HIV, or syphilitic infection, for example may need to be registered. But HPV is a sexually transmitted disease and can lead yo cervical cancer, so it is considered life threatening. Most folks have it, so should we register everyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 AM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,643,682 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
States rights. I'm not sure where rape is legal. But if a state feels that 16 is a legal age of consent, and you don't like it, don't move there.

I was 23, and my wife was 17 when we started dating. We are approaching our 10th anniversary. What your proposing would have made our relationship illegal.

Incest, between consenting adults, however nasty that seems to me, should be legal in my opinion. Consenting adults and all.

Life is messy, and freedom means you won't agree with everything from every part of the country, which is why the federal government should stay out of these kinds of issues.

And as far as stds, most people have one. It may not he life threatening, or it may be slightly that way. You've got to be very careful with federal law.
When it involves people who are married, the whole argument becomes void since it is no longer victimless. Very few husbands and wives are "consenting" of their spouse cheating.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 03:49 AM
 
11,780 posts, read 8,542,844 times
Reputation: 3425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree that those with HIV, or syphilitic infection, for example may need to be registered. But HPV is a sexually transmitted disease and can lead yo cervical cancer, so it is considered life threatening. Most folks have it, so should we register everyone?
There is also no way to test males for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,971,775 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
When it involves people who are married, the whole argument becomes void since it is no longer victimless. Very few husbands and wives are "consenting" of their spouse cheating.......

Actually most women accept infidelity, studies show. Over 60% of women will forgive their men. On the flip side, only about 40% of men would do the same. This is seen as part of our biology and societal foundation as men for most of history were few in numbers and expected to do this, so women accept it easier.

But we are talking about two first cousins, incest by most, at ages 30 and 31 having sexual relations. Per the opening poster, that should be illegal. I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 AM
 
20,978 posts, read 16,187,364 times
Reputation: 10270
Whoa people......the point of this thread was to show how laws do NOT prevent bad things from happening. Of course rape in illegal....but it still happens all too frequently. Child sex abuse is against the law, yet there are entire industries built on it. There are many "illegal immigration" laws.....yet we have 12-20 million illegals here. Murder is illegal, yet murder happens daily.

When the federal government is involved, it is ONLY about control.....just look at the tax breaks you get simply because you choose to have a family. Just look at how the federal government turns a blind eye to illegal immigrants flooding our system.

With over 20,000 gun laws on the books, why do we need more? It's all about control.

Over and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,971,775 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Whoa people......the point of this thread was to show how laws do NOT prevent bad things from happening. Of course rape in illegal....but it still happens all too frequently. Child sex abuse is against the law, yet there are entire industries built on it. There are many "illegal immigration" laws.....yet we have 12-20 million illegals here. Murder is illegal, yet murder happens daily.

When the federal government is involved, it is ONLY about control.....just look at the tax breaks you get simply because you choose to have a family. Just look at how the federal government turns a blind eye to illegal immigrants flooding our system.

With over 20,000 gun laws on the books, why do we need more? It's all about control.

Over and out.
I am not for an assault weapons ban, I tgink it doesn't make sense.

However, like sexual conduct is regulated between adults, and we regulate what the age of consent is, should we not do the same with guns?

The idea that, "well it'll happen anyway" doesn't mean it shouldn't be regulated.

Yes we should enforce the current laws, but enacting a background check for any sale helps to do that. Restricting magazine size helps prevent mass shootings.

I also think we should put any parent on trial who has their guns unsecured and theylir child takes that gun and kills a bunch of kids with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,953,005 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Government MUST pass laws on certain sexual behavior.
Imagine that, conservative wanting more GOVERNMENT involvement, and not less, absolutely shocking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 AM
 
Location: North America
19,636 posts, read 12,359,846 times
Reputation: 8272
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
First, ban ALL sex with children.

People with STD's MUST register with the government, and their physician MUST make the government aware of these people. The same would apply to AIDS patients.

People with STD's MUST let their children's school know that they are infected.

Rape should be illegal.

Incest should be illegal.

One should have to provide proof that they are sexually clean before having sex with another.....STD's are a growing problem and cost the medical system BILLIONS per year in treatment.

One should be licensed in order to be allowed to bear children. Sterilized at birth, reversed upon approval. This would stop the cycle of poverty in our urban centers.

woooow...

1. Already against the law, we need stronger penalties.
2. No, it's enough they are registered with the board of health locally.
3. Why?
4. Rape is illegal in the US, what country are you from?
5. Incest between consenting partners, or rape?
6. Not going to happen in a free society...thank God.
7. Not going to happen in a free society...thank God.

A further comment in reference to 7...people have a license to drive a car, it doesn't necessarily make them better drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
57,968 posts, read 40,690,914 times
Reputation: 29653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
One should be licensed in order to be allowed to bear children. Sterilized at birth, reversed upon approval. This would stop the cycle of poverty in our urban centers.
Dr Mengele would be very proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top