Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The fines should have been steeper.
I think you will ultimately find that counterproductive, after all smokers could just opt out of buying a policy altogether and just pay the "fine". It is my understanding that the "fine" for not having health insurance won't include a supplemental "fine" for being a smoker.

So that is one way around the problem for smokers.

And that process runs contrary to the goals of ObamaCare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The high risk pool part of Obamacare has been in effect for 2 years.
It turned out that they woefully underestimated the costs and states went through 2 years of funds in 1 year and had to go back to the Fed for more money. It's also noted that the costs of going through a state pool is twice the national average.

Those are FACTS about the high risk pools that have been running since 2010.
The estimates on savings are nowhere to be seen. Only cost overruns and additional requests for more funding. California is on their third request for more money.

Perhaps you should re-read my last few posts.
The documentary link that I gave explains things like, how scientists call the US republican party a "corporate propaganda group."

It would seem that a normal person would be concerned, if they were a member of propaganda group that was telling them 100's of lies. (Fox news and Rush radio are telling you 100's of lies.)

And as I said Obamacare is not perfect.

But when one realizes that republicans have created Americas dangerous deficits and national debt.
Frankly I hold little weight in anything you say, (because most likely its filled with lies said by Fox and Rush.)

But I fully believe that republicans are a highly needed part, of the mechanism of people working together, to find the correct answer to problems. And I believe Obamacare's biggest problem, is that brains like yours fight it, instead of fixing it.

This country needs your brains, but Fox news and Rush radio took them.

I feel the need to apologize, for any disrespect that I have showed you here.
I wish you a great night/day Sir,
Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 01-28-2013 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
If, as you claim, Democrats were truly interested in saving those people, then the Democrats would take action to rescind the laws and regulations that created your Soviet-style Command Economic health care system and restore it to the Free Market System that existed prior to 1939 -- when it was affordable to everyone.
I've lived in other countries as an adult, and only in the U.S. do we have a bunch of right wing nutjobs with their brains still immersed back into the Joseph McCarthy vat of "The Commies are Coming" propaganda. The sheer degree of anachronism of these people leads me to believe that they are some kind of seriously mentally ill.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Perhaps you should re-read my last few posts.
The documentary link that I gave explains things like, how scientists call the US republican party a "corporate propaganda group."

It would seem that a normal person would be concerned, if they were a member of propaganda group that was telling them 100's of lies. (Fox news and Rush radio are telling you 100's of lies.)

And as I said Obamacare is not perfect.

But when one realizes that republicans have created Americas dangerous deficits and national debt.
Frankly I hold little weight in anything you say, (because most likely its filled with lies said by Fox and Rush.)

But I fully believe that republicans are a highly needed part, of the mechanism of people working together, to find the correct answer to problems. And I believe Obamacare's biggest problem, is that brains like yours fight it, instead of fixing it.

This country needs your brains, but Fox news and Rush radio took them.

I feel the need to apologize, for any disrespect that I have showed you here.
I wish you a great night/day Sir,
Chad.
I'm not spouting any Fox or Rush propaganda. The states are reporting this.
You refuse to even consider that the CBO and Dems were off on their estimates for the cost of "Utopia" where everyone has an insurance card.

Here's 2 examples:
Colorado high-risk health insurance pool runs up claims twice the U.S. average - The Denver Post
High-Risk Insurance Pool Running Out Of Funds | NBC 4i

Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I've lived in other countries as an adult, and only in the U.S. do we have a bunch of right wing nutjobs with their brains still immersed back into the Joseph McCarthy vat of "The Commies are Coming" propaganda. The sheer degree of anachronism of these people leads me to believe that they are some kind of seriously mentally ill.
If a smoker refuses to get Obamacare his fine would be $95 in 2014 going up to $695 by 2016 and that can only be collected by the IRS if they get a refund.

THINK about that. And if they get sick they can just get a policy after they leave the doctor if they need to because you can't be refused for pre-existing conditions.

Tell me again who is "seriously mentally ill" ?
I'm thinking it's the gullible that think an American who smokes and can't afford insurance today will be able to cough up $5K plus monthly premiums. And your medicaid people get a free ride cause you're going to pay anyway.

How Much Is The Obamacare Penalty Tax? - Business Insider

Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If a smoker refuses to get Obamacare his fine would be $95 in 2014 going up to $695 by 2016 and that can only be collected by the IRS if they get a refund.

THINK about that. And if they get sick they can just get a policy after they leave the doctor if they need to because you can't be refused for pre-existing conditions.

Tell me again who is "seriously mentally ill" ?
I'm thinking it's the gullible that think an American who smokes and can't afford insurance today will be able to cough up $5K plus monthly premiums. And your medicaid people get a free ride cause you're going to pay anyway.

How Much Is The Obamacare Penalty Tax? - Business Insider
And? What exactly are you trying to say? Do you understand that this is a system to offer EVERYONE some form of insurance? Are you basically saying that you DO NOT GIVE A s*** about the rest of the citizens of the country you "ALLEGEDLY" love so much? If that's what you're trying to say, then out with it, and stop pussyfooting around pretending you're so patriotic about Americans.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
And? What exactly are you trying to say? Do you understand that this is a system to offer EVERYONE some form of insurance? Are you basically saying that you DO NOT GIVE A s*** about the rest of the citizens of the country you "ALLEGEDLY" love so much? If that's what you're trying to say, then out with it, and stop pussyfooting around pretending you're so patriotic about Americans.
dont have ins,cant afford ins ,so why should I pay for someone elses. I work for a living and as such qualify for nothing but a fine for living how I live

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
dont have ins,cant afford ins ,so why should I pay for someone elses. I work for a living and as such qualify for nothing but a fine for living how I live
And you're accustomed to the cattle mentality, that if you don't have insurance now, you'll never have it, and might as well get used to living f____? That reminds me of the story of crabs in a barrel, and you're one of the crabs. For goodness' sakes, the things I read!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
No. I'm saying smokers shouldn't get charged 50% more in their premiums because they pay for their own insurance, not you or me.

Medicaid is another story and we have no say in that.

What does being fair to everyone have to do with being "patriotic" ?

A health insurance card is now a sign of being a patriotic American ?
Gee, I would rather buy war bonds cause I'll get my money back plus a profit.

This "system" that was designed by the Dems was originally supposed to be for those that could not afford insurance and the rest of us would not be effected. Do you remember those words ?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
And you're accustomed to the cattle mentality, that if you don't have insurance now, you'll never have it, and might as well get used to living f____? That reminds me of the story of crabs in a barrel, and you're one of the crabs. For goodness' sakes, the things I read!
you seem to like putting us working country folks down.I dont have ins cause I cant aford it yet I must pay a obama fine so others 2000 miles away get it free yet I cant cause I work. sorry your crabs in a barrel dont work ever. I will pay my fine when they come for it.and bury me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies