U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,521,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
I am in agreement with you somewhat about this. What you are forgetting though is that Christians also underwent the reformation - and I can see Muslims doing that too. And it wasn't pretty when Christians went through the Reformation. I shudder to think what will happen if Muslims went through one. It was bloody enough when Christians went through one. One of my mother's ancestors came to the US precisely because he was going to be a dead man if he stayed in the UK at the time. At least he had the US to hide in and the assurance that it would take months for his enemies to come ashore in the US, and even longer to find him. There is no new world for Muslims who break off from the norm like there was for protestant Christians. And one does not require a boat with unreliable navigation anymore to make it across the pond - you can just fly across, or ride a boat, but boats are far faster today.

I've actually met moderate Muslims. Some of them are really scared. They've shaved off much of the rules of Islam, claiming them unnecessary to be Muslim - I've met women with no headscarves, others who dress immodestly by traditional Muslim standards and men who don't care if their wives work outside the home and get an education. These people are going to run headlong into the crazier ones at some point, and its not going to be pretty - it will be more like a modern day version of what the Catholics started doing to the protestants times ten, since there is no Catholic church, just a bunch of Muslims with more conservative views. Bits and pieces are being seen now with Muslims in the middle east (the educator from Pakistan with the 15 year old daughter who got shot was one of them) and it isn't pretty.
suisse -

It's scary. I have to tell you a story.

My best friend in college was Persian. Iranian. I won't give her first name because I plan to keep her identity safe. I met her at the dorms. She was taking TOEFL classes, which are language classes given here in the States, in preparation for studying in college. She seemed lonely, so I befriended her and offered to help her a little in English when I had time from my classes. I like to talk a lot , so I got her talking in English.

One day she told me about an event that traumatized her. (Chills still go down my spine telling this). In her broken English, she told the horror story of what happened to her best friend. In Tehran, where she lived with her family, her best friend was a girl that lived next door. This girl was in love with a boy her age. Each night after her family was asleep, she sneaked out the window to meet up with the boy, and would return very late. Who knows what they were doing, but who cares. One morning before dawn she was walking back, but before she could get to her house, a car started up in the dead of night and ran her over, killing her. It was her father, committing an Islamic "honor killing" to preserve his "reputation" and that of his family.

He was exonerated in Iranian court because it was an "honor killing."

After that, my friend was afraid and felt like running somewhere she could feel safe, but didn't know to where. Almost immediately, she began asking her father if she could go live in the U.S. with her brother who was studying here. After much infighting within the family (including her mother, who agrees with the whole Islam honor killing thingie, as many Islamic women do, because they have never experienced equality, and grew up being brainwashed into believing it's the Islamic God's "will" that women be treated worse than insects), her father agreed to let her brother "take control" of her. Her brother was studying in college, so she asked her father to let her attend too. He reluctantly agreed. That's how we met.

Every time she traveled back to Iran to see her family (her mom was very ill, so she had to), she was afraid. She was afraid they might keep her there. She hated having to wear the chador, which she had to put on before disembarking the plane. She was horrified of having to marry an Islamic man. She would tell me these things and my hair would stand on end. Each year she returned to Iran, I swear I thought I'd never see her again, and we cried at the airport and said goodbye forever, just in case.

Her hatred toward Islam grew to intense levels. She loved her family but was torn because of the hatred toward women inherent in Islam.

Long story short - she did survive! The beauty of this story is that she became a newspaper reporter. Very successful, too! She works in a country that shall remain undisclosed, so as to keep her safe. There, she married (of all things!) a Jewish man she fell in love with.

Her life would've been a hellhole if she hadn't had the strength to ask to leave, and if she hadn't had the option. I know that this shaped my view of Islam, and it was the beginning of my taking notice of the atrocities done to women in that religion.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM

4,284 posts, read 3,724,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Any true Muslim rejects feminism and lives by his religion. Of course 99% of Muslims aren't true Muslims. Who is it you to butt into a society that doesn't want you? Like I said, a true Muslim woman would sooner slit your throat than agree with you. How much currency do you think your opinion counts for?
What is it to me? It is too me, what it is to every other free thinking human being (including the 99% who are not "true" Muslims) - it is a question of what is right and what is wrong. It is a question of how we (as human beings) want to move into the future. If what you are saying about "true" Muslims is true, then they are the enemy of all mankind and it will take more than a woman (in a burka, no doubt) to attempt to slit my throat, for them to win. Their religion is false, their god is false and their worldview belongs in the stone age. And I guarantee you that the world can flatten noses with the best of the true muslims. My currency is the world's currency. How valuable is your's?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Any true Muslim rejects feminism and lives by his religion. Of course 99% of Muslims aren't true Muslims. Who is it you to butt into a society that doesn't want you? Like I said, a true Muslim woman would sooner slit your throat than agree with you. How much currency do you think your opinion counts for?
I doubt it, and if you believe that, you're a fool. Arab women are victims, brainwashed by bs Mohammedism (one of the awful isms indeed). Arab women are, by and large, zombies. Some know and can't do anything about it. Some are just successfully brainwashed.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM

3,178 posts, read 1,687,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
What is it to me? It is too me, what it is to every other free thinking human being (including the 99% who are not "true" Muslims) - it is a question of what is right and what is wrong. It is a question of how we (as human beings) want to move into the future. If what you are saying about "true" Muslims is true, then they are the enemy of all mankind and it will take more than a woman (in a burka, no doubt) to attempt to slit my throat, for them to win. Their religion is false, their god is false and their worldview belongs in the stone age. And I guarantee you that the world can flatten noses with the best of the true muslims. My currency is the world's currency. How valuable is your's?
Religions are only true measured by the amount of people willing to die for her teachings. In the case of Christianity, that's few. In the case of Islam that's a lot larger.

Let me tell you how worth my word is: I can enter your world (Texas) and do just fine for myself. You can't enter mine (Chechnya) and be fine saying the things you say here. That's the difference. I understand you much better than you understand me. I have no fear of any of you, yet you have fear of people from my region.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I doubt it, and if you believe that, you're a fool. Arab women are victims, brainwashed by bs Mohammedism (one of the awful isms indeed). Arab women are, by and large, zombies. Some know and can't do anything about it. Some are just successfully brainwashed.
In Chechnya women sacrificed themselves for the resistance. Thanks in part to sacrifices there is now Sharia in Chechnya. These women were widows, controlled by no men. If they wanted to wait out the outcome of the war they could have easily. Instead they helped secure an outcome you claim oppresses them. And yes, they slit many Russian male throats by luring them back.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM

4,284 posts, read 3,724,388 times
Quote:
Religions are only true measured by the amount of people willing to die for her teachings. In the case of Christianity, that's few. In the case of Islam that's a lot larger.

Let me tell you how worth my word is: I can enter your world (Texas) and do just fine for myself. You can't enter mine (Chechnya) and be fine saying the things you say here. That's the difference. I understand you much better than you understand me. I have no fear of any of you, yet you have fear of people from my region.
I think you have failed to understand us. Just because you are allowed to share in our freedoms doesn't make us weak or lacking in understanding. We know the language you best understand and we use it with restraint. If we didn't use restraint, you wouldn't be here. We have no fear of you - just utter contempt and disgust, still holding on to some glimmer of hope that you can be reasoned with, but knowing - that in the end - the only way to stop the "true muslims" (as you put it) is to grant them their wish for martyrdom and let them have their 70 virgins. But, of course, the 70 virgins is a myth. If they are martyred they will really get 70 whores that all look like their mothers. And with that parting gift, I wish you adieu as I have to go do some food shopping (I could really use a woman in a burka for that). Catcha' later!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
In Chechnya women sacrificed themselves for the resistance. Thanks in part to sacrifices there is now Sharia in Chechnya. These women were widows, controlled by no men. If they wanted to wait out the outcome of the war they could have easily. Instead they helped secure an outcome you claim oppresses them. And yes, they slit many Russian male throats by luring them back.
Nothing surprises me in Islam. It's a sick, demented religion.

Islamic men treat women their women worse than bugs.

Islamic men brainwash women and children into worshipping and believing in the veracity of a religion that dictates violence toward women.

Islamic men send autistic and mentally ill boys to their death by brainwashing them, telling them they'll be in heaven instantly, then tying explosive belts to their waists.

Islamic men kill their children if they step out of line.

It's SUCH an exemplary religion! I'm so awed! Anything else you'd like to add?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I think you have failed to understand us. Just because you are allowed to share in our freedoms doesn't make us weak or lacking in understanding. We know the language you best understand and we use it with restraint. If we didn't use restraint, you wouldn't be here. We have no fear of you - just utter contempt and disgust, still holding on to some glimmer of hope that you can be reasoned with, but knowing - that in the end - the only way to stop the "true muslims" (as you put it) is to grant them their wish for martyrdom and let them have their 70 virgins. But, of course, the 70 virgins is a myth. If they are martyred they will really get 70 whores that all look like their mothers. And with that parting gift, I wish you adieu as I have to go do some food shopping (I could really use a woman in a burka for that). Catcha' later!
Here's where you speak out of 2 sides of your mouth. One is that of anger and hatred and the other is of tolerance and restraint. In reality the restraint comes from cowardice. You wouldn't say the things you do in an Arab country in the company of Arab men. I have no similar restraints. What is a man if he can't say what's on his mind?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Islamic men treat women their women worse than bugs.
Men are raised by their mothers not their fathers. It's from their mother that they are taught to rebel, to resist, and to gain strength. It's from their mothers that they gain strength for jihad. There is nothing weak willed about Muslim women, this is a society so different from yours, from where you grew up, that you can't understand it.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM

15 posts, read 9,823 times
Quote:
If you're so revolted make sure to find an Arab man and let him know. I'm curious what will happen to you. Genuine curiosity.

hahahaha wow. I have many times. Do you know what happens, they puss out everytime 100% of the time. No arab, has ever tried to fight me one on one ever. They always talk ****, but never back it up unless they have a bunch of their butt buddies to back em up or have a gun. I can't believe you even claim otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies