U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,324,032 times
Reputation: 29057

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Again, I ask, how closely do you and others really want to follow the Constitution as it was written? Especially considering under what circumstances the Constitution was written and why it was written that way.
I want to follow it very closely. It's what those of us who serve in the military and in public office swear to "support and defend;" something I've done in both circumstances. I don't know about you but when I take an oath, I do my utmost to honor it. It's called "integrity!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,715,444 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
John McCain is not a "natural born citizen" so what is the big deal? He wasn't born in the United States but in Panama. But nobody complained about that.
McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone when it was a territory or possesions of the United States and under the jurisdiction of the United States. Persons born on an US territory...are US citizens at birth and did not attaied their citizenship through the naturalization process.

US territories and possessions-

Puerto Rico
Guam
Federated States of Micronesia
U.S. Virgin Islands
Marianas
American Samoa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
 
20,281 posts, read 9,787,642 times
Reputation: 4371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone when it was a territory or possesions of the United States and under the jurisdiction of the United States. Persons born on an US territory...are US citizens at birth and did not attaied their citizenship through the naturalization process.
the year of mccain's birth, 1936, congress specifically considered canal births "US nationals" and not "US citizens". this law was changed in 1937 (38?) and made retroactive.

in 2008 congress passed unanimously and without discussion or debate a non-binding resolution declaring that mccain is a natural born citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
 
20,281 posts, read 9,787,642 times
Reputation: 4371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I want to follow it very closely. It's what those of us who serve in the military and in public office swear to "support and defend;"
do you feel there has been any violation of the US constitution in regard to obama's eligibility for POTUS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM
 
1,597 posts, read 972,999 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the year of mccain's birth, 1936, congress specifically considered canal births "US nationals" and not "US citizens". this law was changed in 1937 (38?) and made retroactive.

in 2008 congress passed unanimously and without discussion or debate a non-binding resolution declaring that mccain is a natural born citizen.
Congressional resolutions are like armpits . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
 
1,597 posts, read 972,999 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
IF he wasn't a natural born US citizen, then the following would happen:
You would have a MASSIVE number of arrests in the state department, justice department, FBI, CIA, as well as many in the media and elected politicians. Basically anyone who knew it and covered it up would be going to prison. Maybe some outside goverment might get away with having their careers ruined and being sued into abject poverty.
Obama would be made persona non grata, anything and everything he ever signed his name to would be null and void. He himself would be on the hook for paying back EVERY DIME of tax payer dollars spent on him and his family, he'd be bankrupt. But with him facing a lengthy prison sentence, decades, that probably wouldn't matter. My best guess would be that John Boehner would become President, although if he was aware of the truth and did nothing he'd be sitting in a prison cell next to Obama, Michele, Hillary, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and the rest. We might have to appoint an interim President , probably a general, until a special election could be held.
Not pleasant to think about but justice will out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APl40BE3tc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,820,984 times
Reputation: 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
IF he wasn't a natural born US citizen, then the following would happen:
You would have a MASSIVE number of arrests in the state department, justice department, FBI, CIA, as well as many in the media and elected politicians. Basically anyone who knew it and covered it up would be going to prison. Maybe some outside goverment might get away with having their careers ruined and being sued into abject poverty.
Obama would be made persona non grata, anything and everything he ever signed his name to would be null and void. He himself would be on the hook for paying back EVERY DIME of tax payer dollars spent on him and his family, he'd be bankrupt. But with him facing a lengthy prison sentence, decades, that probably wouldn't matter. My best guess would be that John Boehner would become President, although if he was aware of the truth and did nothing he'd be sitting in a prison cell next to Obama, Michele, Hillary, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and the rest. We might have to appoint an interim President , probably a general, until a special election could be held.
Not pleasant to think about but justice will out.
Everything you say is right on. Hey look he either is or isn't and he knows for sure the truth. None of us, cause none of us were there to see the Messiah's birth take place.

We would have a mess on our hands. But being deceived and knowing first hand people hid the truth, would also not play out good.

Would explain one thing, why he is so damn soft on immigration, wouldn't it!

If he were, we have a right to blow our stack, if he isn't he is just a terrible meak, weak bully do it my way or the hwy President.

And our economy and housing and businesses still suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
 
20,281 posts, read 9,787,642 times
Reputation: 4371
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Everything you say is right on.
no it wasn't.

i pointed out specifically where it was legally and constitutionally wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
 
2,836 posts, read 3,081,579 times
Reputation: 1399
If you take the time to read this order in Hollander v. McCain, you will understand the "eligibility" issue, and why it is not an issue before the courts:
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/electionlaw...er-7-24-08.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
 
20,281 posts, read 9,787,642 times
Reputation: 4371
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I got no problem with this ^^^^^...If we do something illegal and we get caught we go to prison why should 'nt they ?
nothing illegal has happened ( atleast in terms of presidential eligibility ). you're playing judge, jury and executioner based on a wild internet conspiracy theory.

if you'd like to see all the legal proof and peripheral support for obama's hawaiian birth i recommend:

Barackryphal: Barack Obama Was Born in Hawaii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top