Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This would explain why these new weapons need to be so light. So the youth wielding them won't struggle.
Can't have an army that isn't armed. Now if they can just get the arms out of the citizens hands then it should be quite simple to do as they please. The SS is reborn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
more and more the people in DC are looking less and less like the representatives that said they were going to DC to work for us.
the 2nd term admin seems to think that the 48% that voted against him are irrelevant people whose opinion is of no consequence. 11% of americans are AA clearly a minority, yet so much of legislation and public funds created and implemented to support them. why does the sword not cut both ways?
why would u disarm the 47% while beefing up your own armories?
10 years in the mideast of trying to take away the peoples culture religion and weapons failed. why? bek they had assault weapons and local militias. why all the hate towards americans with bibles and guns?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
I understand what your concern is that they call it something different depending on who is holding it, but the bigger question is WHY do they need a NEW lightweight concealable assault rifle? Think about it. You call it tin foil hat stuff, I call that type of thinking irresponsible. There is NO reason at all that DHS needs a concealable assault rifle and anyone with any common sense would see this too. Who are they concealing their weapon from? Who actually is "they" in all of this.
Okay, okay I was a little slow to get it... it is Monday after all.

Well "they" are preparing for something... here is a list of ammo purchases. They are doing a LOT of practicing or stockpiling for something.

History of DHS Ammunition Purchases

Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, okay I was a little slow to get it... it is Monday after all.

Well "they" are preparing for something... here is a list of ammo purchases. They are doing a LOT of practicing or stockpiling for something.

History of DHS Ammunition Purchases
I know. I agree. I also agree about the Monday thing...lol

Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Lump this in with all the rights we lost in the "Patriot Act" and it is pointing in one direction. If we start seeing a lot of activity at the various Fema camps throughout the country those places could be the future homes of "non conforming" citizens.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The USCG gets their weapons through the Dept of Defense, not DHS.
Really?

The Coast Guards budget from ships to shinola has always come through its parent agency, be that the Department of the Treasury, Transportation or now under Homeland Security.

With the exception of equipment transfers following WW2 the Coast Guard's procurement policies have be separate from the Dept of Defense because they don't need or purchase the same ships, planes, helicopters or about anything else for that matter.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Besides, every agency they listed would NOT be using civilian issue rifles. They would be using police/military issue.

Rock River Arms in Illinois builds rifles for the military and government. They sell them to both civilian and government agencies. There is very little difference between the civilian and government rifle. On one of mine it says on the rifle "Restricted for Government and Military use only". I bought it at a gun shop several years ago.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Really?

The Coast Guards budget from ships to shinola has always come through its parent agency, be that the Department of the Treasury, Transportation or now under Homeland Security.

With the exception of equipment transfers following WW2 the Coast Guard's procurement policies have be separate from the Dept of Defense because they don't need or purchase the same ships, planes, helicopters or about anything else for that matter.
Maybe you can answer the hot question. What reason would you need to conceal an assault rifle? They were never meant to be concealed, why now?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Rock River Arms in Illinois builds rifles for the military and government. They sell them to both civilian and government agencies. There is very little difference between the civilian and government rifle. On one of mine it says on the rifle "Restricted for Government and Military use only". I bought it at a gun shop several years ago.
I know about Rock River...This is all a moot point anyway. The original OP used AR-15's in the article, which isn't right, DHS is putting out a contract to build a NEW lightweight, concealable assault rifle.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Really?

The USCG has always been a unique branch. In peace times it fell under Dept of Transportation and in war times under the Navy. DHS took it from the Dept of Transportation.

But it has always been considered a branch of the military and has always gotten it's weapons through the Dept of Defense like the other branches of the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies