Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Patriots ?

Did you read the bill ? I skimmed through the bill.

Expansion of the Head Start program in NY and NJ with part of that money going to HHS who can give it to other states if it's for substance abuse programs, a new roof for the Smithsonian (which needed a new roof before Sandy), Federal Highway money for projects in Guam and American Samoa, money to NASA for some new satellites, every agency put in for administrative recoupment of salaries and expenses, new cars, HUD for building more Section 8 housing, money to the military for ammunition, funds for Tribal clean water, funds for the Nuclear Detection Office to buy something (just listed as acquisition funds, not repair), Veteran's Affairs to plan, design a new medical facility, Amtrak gets an "operating subsidy grant".

Every government agency including all branches of the military are getting reimbursed for administrative expenses.
I actually wonder how much of it will be left for NY and NJ after the Fed agencies finish taking what they want.

And there's a whole list of amendments that I haven't even touched.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...13hr152rds.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
OK, when Ohio experiences massive flooding or prolonged drought or some other natural disaster we will disallow funding for Ohio, thereby instituting the cuts you long for.
Totally agree.

A list should be made of all the "Tea Party" radical states and all should vote to cut their funding in the event of extreme disaster. No more federal handouts. Subsist on "volunteerism" and whatever your battered states can muster up.

Ofcourse we will all the the "Chris Christie" reaction by every one of these Tea Partier Senators when the natural disasters show no mercy

Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Rubio voted no? That is messed up, how many times has the government helped that state after every damn hurricane that hits Florida. Hopefully someone remembers that when Rubio has his hand out at the next hurricane season.
The moocher Rubio can't escape his votes. Also he's in South Florida and hurricane season isn't far..

Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Totally agree.

A list should be made of all the "Tea Party" radical states and all should vote to cut their funding in the event of extreme disaster. No more federal handouts. Subsist on "volunteerism" and whatever your battered states can muster up.

Ofcourse we will all the the "Chris Christie" reaction by every one of these Tea Partier Senators when the natural disasters show no mercy
You need to read that bill. More money is going back to Fed agencies than is going to NY/NJ for repair.

What did Sandy do to the highways in Guam and American Samoa that they are getting money ?
Why does HHS get money to give to states for substance abuse ?

And Baucus has an amendment to give relief to drought stricken farmers but it doesn't show a vote.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You need to read that bill. More money is going back to Fed agencies than is going to NY/NJ for repair.

What did Sandy do to the highways in Guam and American Samoa that they are getting money ?
Why does HHS get money to give to states for substance abuse ?

And Baucus has an amendment to give relief to drought stricken farmers but it doesn't show a vote.
Do you understand how things work? Infrastructure repairs are always bundled in (mitigation spending) - instead of holding a vote on every single piece of aid (and wasting tax payer money - see the House GOP's 30+ votes on "repealing Obamacare" !), they bundle it in a large bill.

Here is a breakdown:

Where Does Sandy Aid Go from Here? - Yahoo! News

Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Here's an idea - why don't we stop giving handouts to "moocher" Red states such as Missouri which take in more federal money than they give?
I'm with you 100 percent on that one. Make these worthless methed out low-life, slackers actually get up off their behinds and get a job for a change. nothing and I mean nothing, would make me happier.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I see my rep on the list
Mine is on there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I will DEFINITELY vote for the conservatives who cut spending in any form.
Same here, I usually vote against the incumbent, but if Rubio can stick with refusing to approve legislation that adds to the deficit I'll vote for him next time around.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Do you understand how things work? Infrastructure repairs are always bundled in (mitigation spending) - instead of holding a vote on every single piece of aid (and wasting tax payer money - see the House GOP's 30+ votes on "repealing Obamacare" !), they bundle it in a large bill.

Here is a breakdown:

Where Does Sandy Aid Go from Here? - Yahoo! News
I actually read the bill, not some cherry picked news article.

You got more money being siphoned back to the Fed than you do to NY or NJ.
But seems that some of you just don't care.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Rubio voted no? That is messed up, how many times has the government helped that state after every damn hurricane that hits Florida. Hopefully someone remembers that when Rubio has his hand out at the next hurricane season.
Hopefully the next "aid" package doesn't include enough pork to carpet Israel

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Absolutely disgusting, but not remotely surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies