Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The Girl Who Got Away

Most people whose lives have not been touched by human trafficking have a hard time saying what it is exactly. Simply put: Human trafficking is modern-day slavery.
Very true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 03:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
This girl was going to be robbed of her innocence and life, is that enough theft for you?
But she wasn't.

It's never wise to bring awareness to important issues using the conditional.

People won't take the issue as seriously.

Also, one might want to ask the following: How did this young lady react when she made nearly 900 dollars that one evening? Did she go home crying feeling as though she were a victim or did she go and buy a bunch of nice things?

Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
As I posted in the other thread, the trafficking angle in US prostitution is largely a canard. I used to know some people in the Seattle area who were involved the the 'Asian Massage Parlor' game. The girls were all free to come & go as they wished. There was no trafficking (slavery). If there had been, I would have turned them into police myself. SPD and King County sheriff's office have largely shut down the AMPs over the last few years. The state of WA passed an anti-trafficking law in 2003, and did not get a single conviction until 2009, in spite of claims that Seattle-Portland are trafficking hubs.

Vice cops know that there is not much support for sex police ops on consenting adults, so they constantly play up the trafficking and underage angles. I think there's virtually no trafficking, and not much UA prostitution. Even to the extent that the latter exists, it is the result of the illegality. It's no different than pot and booze. Ask any teenager which is easier to score--pot or booze. Pot is much easier because pot dealers don't card.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Do you know ANY women who, uhmm... sleep around? Do you know ANY women who engage in sexual activity with more than one person at a time? Do you know ANY women who are into bondage, s&m, or whatever other alternative sexual activity there is out there? Are they all FORCED to do these things against their free will? Could it possibly be that maybe, just maybe they like doing those things?

Have you ever heard of Xaviera Hollander, the "Happy Hooker"? Have you ever read any of her writing, or does your prune sucking face simply shrivel at the thought?

Just because you have a stick up your ass toward men... because you HATE men... because at some point in your life, some man has probably left you because you were completely unwilling to do a little roll play in your relationship. He probably left because you sucked in bed. He probably went out, looking for someone different because your corncob interfered with his desire to do things WITH you, that maybe if you tried, you both would have decided it was or wasn't for you, but because you cared enough for each other, you at least tried and experimented.

You and many men haters like you are only a victims of yourselves... of your own choices and actions because there are some scumbags, but there are a ton of good men for every bad one. Punish the individual bad ones, like physical abusers, for their crimes. Then let go of your hatred towards men because it was not men that did the abuse, it was an individual man.

I could not have been more serious when I said get help, because you really have a problem.

Edited to add:
I just read your claim of being a man. If this is true, you are in worse shape than I thought because not only do you find someone else's sexual activity objectionable, you want to regulate it to be like yours. Get help.
Seems you have the problem. Men who respect women is not what you want or think society should want. That is sad.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As I posted in the other thread, the trafficking angle in US prostitution is largely a canard. I used to know some people in the Seattle area who were involved the the 'Asian Massage Parlor' game. The girls were all free to come & go as they wished. There was no trafficking (slavery). If there had been, I would have turned them into police myself. SPD and King County sheriff's office have largely shut down the AMPs over the last few years. The state of WA passed an anti-trafficking law in 2003, and did not get a single conviction until 2009, in spite of claims that Seattle-Portland are trafficking hubs.

Vice cops know that there is not much support for sex police ops on consenting adults, so they constantly play up the trafficking and underage angles. I think there's virtually no trafficking, and not much UA prostitution. Even to the extent that the latter exists, it is the result of the illegality. It's no different than pot and booze. Ask any teenager which is easier to score--pot or booze. Pot is much easier because pot dealers don't card.
Drugs enslave people. I don't think they go back voluntarily for another hit time and time again. The sex traffickers know how to own people, get them hooked and then they have a slave.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Thats the funny thing about so-called libertarians, anti-guvment conservatives and free-market types.... sex always seems to be the one area they absolutely LOVE to invite the LAW into!
Not true at all. Libertarians never want government involvement in sex between adults.

You don't understand Libertarians.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Really? Given the fact that you regularly spout off on the subject with no facts and have an agenda, I would say you have no credibility on this subject

The fact that you have "anecdotal" evidence speaks volumes
So you have no facts, just like I thought.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Seems you have the problem. Men who respect women is not what you want or think society should want. That is sad.
That poster has been insulting toward others on other threads, just ignore that "person". I shudder at calling them a person though..... other descriptive words would be better

You are right on the money with this subject, don't listen to the degenerate crowd with little kid fantasies.

Any man or woman with self respect, like you and I, are and will be appalled at this type of behavior that constitutes sex trafficking

Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Most men who engage prostitutes are married. The Wife is a victim

Many women have pimps who are abusive. They are victims

You are allowing your own personal agenda to get in the way of logic here

It will always be illegal for these reasons and others..... get used to it
Once again you have no facts. How do you know most men who engage prostitutes are married? And even if they are, why do you assume the wife is a victim? She may be quite happy to have her husband buy sex.

I have never supported abuse of any kind. Yes, some prostitutes have pimps. My guess is most don't. And even if they did, why do you think they are all abusive?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
In most cases yes...... most girls have a pimp and drugs are used as a form of coercion. Many of the "massage" parlors in big and small cities consist of underage girls from abroad who are forced into that lifestyle to service degenerate loser men who lack self control. Very few girls choose the lifestyle of prostitution. It is often, at best, the last resort for someone to sell themselves to someone

There are many logical reasons why it should never be legalized and never will be here
Probably want to choose a context where a 14 year old girl is kidnapped and thrown into a trunk. I'd have my shootin irons out in a jiffy and make a paste out of em. But this:

"Nick was a gorgeous blond football player dressed in Gucci, designer denim, and an expensive watch.I noticed him right away," Brianna says. "He flirted with me and made me feel so special and beautiful. I've never been talked to like that. When I told him I liked his watch, he said, 'I'd like to buy you one to match.' "

Within hours, Nick had taken Brianna to get an entertainer's license, helped her choose her stripper's outfit, and led her to a strip club

Gee so you got turned on by someone who looked good oozing money while I am sure she left a trail of honest local yokels in her wake. It was so much so that she didn't seem to catch on when he helped with her entertainment license to be a stripper. So now she seems disappointed that he just turned her out like a ho.

Her story is a non sequitur to what they tried imply was exploitation of a minor playing softball.
"I learned that the average age of girls lured into sex trafficking is 13," says Brianna, choking up at the memory. "When I was 13, I was playing softball and having the greatest time of my life. How easy would it have been for them to trick me?"
Hmm so 13 year old softball player need to watch out because 18 year old strippers voluntarily look for quick cash....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies