Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,979,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Try again. If it is "well documented" then quotations with links should be very easy for you to provide.

What specifically did Kerry testify to that was not true? And what particularly did he accuse "those who fought alongside of him" of that he did not also take personal responsibility for?

Quotations with links appreciated. Bonus for any actual use by Kerry of the phrase "baby killers."

I will wait.

WinterSoldier.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,149,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No matter who the Obama administration chose to replace Hillary, the rightwing echo chamber would go on a bashing frenzy. Truth is, Kerry is extremely qualified for the position, a little fact that never matters to right wing loons. They would support a no nothing grifter such as Sarah Palin to hold an office that is a heartbeat away from the Presidency, but are finding ridiculous and bogus reasons to attack Kerry. Par for the course.

Sarah Palin is more qualified than Barack Hussein.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
John Kerry joined the Navy because his dad told him it would help his future in politics. Kerry assumed that being in the Navy he would never actually be shot at. When the swiftboat program was created, Kerry did everything he could to get get out of Vietnam as fast as possible. THAT is what the swiftboat veterans were complaining about. Kerry trumped up superficial and questionable "wounds" to get out on a technicality. If John Kerry were so "gung-ho" about volunteering to serve, he would never applied for those purple hearts and stayed with his comrades. It is not like he lost a limb and was no longer able to do his job.
"Applied for those Purple Hearts?" LMAO...wow.

If he was trying to avoid combat, why would he have joined one of the most dangerous branches of the Navy? Everyone knew that the Swiftboaters operated in very dangerous territory.

And please, cite one example of cowardice in Vietnam by Kerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem was that when he came back he called those who fought alongside of him baby killers. If he had simply came back and protested the war there would be no controversy. It's that he had to create something that would get him attention and to do that he completely threw his fellow soldiers under the bus.
Any mention of "baby killer" regarding Vietnam is instant loss of any credibility in an argument.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Try again. If it is "well documented" then quotations with links should be very easy for you to provide.

What specifically did Kerry testify to that was not true? And what particularly did he accuse "those who fought alongside of him" of that he did not also take personal responsibility for?

Quotations with links appreciated. Bonus for any actual use by Kerry of the phrase "baby killers."

I will wait.
I do not care to do page after page on Kerry. He simply is not worth it. There is absolutely nothing to gain. It was all done and the country decided he wasn't even worth voting for over a very weak Bush.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,110,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No matter who the Obama administration chose to replace Hillary, the rightwing echo chamber would go on a bashing frenzy. Truth is, Kerry is extremely qualified for the position, a little fact that never matters to right wing loons. They would support a no nothing grifter such as Sarah Palin to hold an office that is a heartbeat away from the Presidency, but are finding ridiculous and bogus reasons to attack Kerry. Par for the course.
Kerry is experienced, but character counts. I would have been very pleased had Obama "reached across the aisle" and asked Powell to do one last tour for his country.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,025,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Sarah Palin is more qualified than Barack Hussein.
What a profound, insightful and informative post. We all realize that she will always have an ignorant and uninformed fan base. No surprises here.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM

56,859 posts, read 25,787,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those he disparaged with lies which caused them to become objects of scorn when they returned home is well documented and the reason the swift boaters won the most important round with him.

I said I would have voted for him as his lies concerning his fellow soldiers cost him his main goal.

Those discussions were all done before and I'm certainly not interested in dragging them all up again.
The Karl Rove - Swift Boaters were able to convince the intelectually challenged that up was actually down. He was only in country around 4 months but all those so called veterans knew all the details of his service, Rove's money was well spent in that case, I have to wonder how much those vewterans that were part of his book were paid.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,025,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Karl Rove - Swift Boaters were able to convince the intelectually challenged that up was actually down. He was only in country around 4 months but all those so called veterans knew all the details of his service, Rove's money was well spent in that case, I have to wonder how much those vewterans that were part of his book were paid.
snopes.com: John Kerry Swift Boats

http://www.salon.com/2004/05/05/swift_4/

Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,154,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Applied for those Purple Hearts?" LMAO...wow.

If he was trying to avoid combat, why would he have joined one of the most dangerous branches of the Navy? Everyone knew that the Swiftboaters operated in very dangerous territory.

And please, cite one example of cowardice in Vietnam by Kerry.
No cowardice, just finesse.

An enlistee.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,439,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He earned those citations, and its his right to do whatever he wants with them.

Earn your own citations before running your mouth about others.

Our last secretary of state didn't try to ban military uniforms in the WH. That was a lie.
I didn't say he has no "right" to do whatever he wanted with them. I said it was shameful. Just as every other American is, I am entitled to an opinion. So get what you're responding to correct before you run your mouth about others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies