Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,686 times

Advertisements

Roy is too busy saving the military and the constitution to remember the link...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Read the link and see just how honored she must feel about how the other officers' wives think about her and the "honor"??.
What link? And I am sure the other wives are probably upset they didn't get picked. It is quite an award to receive among those women.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Read the link and see just how honored she must feel about how the other officers' wives think about her and the "honor"??.
Again, no link for us to read... but I'll go out on a ledge and say, who cares what OTHER wives think? I'm sure some 1960s wives shuddered if a Black woman was given this honor, but their widdle feewings mean nothing if she was deserving of that honor.

Funny how conservatives always blather on about "PC nonsense," and say "nobody has the right to not be offended" when somebody from the left is offended - and yet you care about the feelings of an (obviously jealous) officer's wife? What ever happened to sucking it up, as you're often telling other people to do? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,200 times
Quote:
I might click the link when you post one.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
I am sure that many here will not like to read this story, but I am just as sure that many here will not like reading about how the woman is being treated by the officers' spouses on the post either. I really wonder what will happen when the final selection is made. As it goes each military base selects a wife for the honor of military wife of the year from its officers' corps. Then some of the women from organizations on each base, of all the 5 military services will vote along with the wives of the top commanders in each of the services. It may well get hairy before it is over. I believe that Obama will speak out to the 5 from the Pentagon's leaders. Yes, this one will get pretty ugly before it is over.

I believe that this is just another in a long line of Pelosi that is being used to destroy our military and the Constitution along with it.
As with many other "politically correct" things that happen, some people think it's great, but most people think it's atrocious and roll their eyes and secretly hate it, but they will be too fearful of condemnation, or too fearful of rank to say anything out loud about it.

I so desperately long for a world that is normal. I suppose those days are gone forever. *sigh*.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Meh...sounds like the OP has a personal problem. He should seek counseling.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 01-29-2013 at 08:39 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
The article talks about the refusal of our leaders to enforce DOMA and mentions the fact that with Don't Ask. Don't Tell thrown out we are well down the road to destruction of those things.

Go ahead and read the link and maybe you can find a better method of ridiculing my thread.
How is DOMA not being enforced?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Uh, roy...... there is no link.
Thanks for calling me out about forgetting the link. Here it is. Oh yes I had it but my mind played one of its 80 year old brain farts.

FayObserver.com - Magazine names lesbian wife Fort Bragg's spouse of the year

Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
As with many other "politically correct" things that happen, some people think it's great, but most people think it's atrocious and roll their eyes and secretly hate it, but they will be too fearful of condemnation, or too fearful of rank to say anything out loud about it.
Nobody is stopping them from speaking their mind, but as I said above, aren't the conservatives often saying "nobody has the right to not be offended?" So they can speak their mind until they turn blue, but that doesn't mean anyone has to listen. And wouldn't it be "PC" to cave to these women who are offended? I'm so confused, LOL.

Get over it, regardless. They obviously felt this woman was deserving of the honor, and while the openness is new, the presence of lesbians/gays in the military is most certainly not.

Quote:
I so desperately long for a world that is normal. I suppose those days are gone forever. *sigh*.
Normal?? What does that mean?? What a subjective concept, not to mention our world has NEVER been "normal" by everyone's standards... matter of fact, I would say the good 'ol days were anything but. If you don't believe me, just ask anyone who isn't a white-Christian-heterosexual-male and was alive back then.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What link are you talking about and nothing has changed in the Military since getting rid of Don't Ask Don't Tell. You are really grasping for straws.
You say nothing has changed and we are talking about something that never would have happened 3 years ago. I feel very sorry for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies