Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What is he, your Kevin Bacon?
Good come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Well it only matters because the Cons are so quick to call anyone they don't like a liberal until you point out someone is a Conservative, then they say "why does it matter?" It is called "double standard."
Nobody called anybody a "liberal" in this thread. YOU are the one who started the BS. YOU are the problem.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Bloomberg is not a big government liberal, he has done the best he can to control costs in NYC.
Blommy is big Gov.

He made all these new Gov programs 311 511 etc....

Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Bloomberg is not a big government liberal, he has done the best he can to control costs in NYC.
Maybe, but he has pushed big government nanny state issue like telling businesses what size soft drinks they can sell.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
No one is denying you your guns, there is are restrictions, why shouldn't some politicians have armed protection with the level of nuts that want to attack them.
They should. Why shouldn't we have the same protection as the nuts in office?

Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nobody called anybody a "liberal" in this thread. YOU are the one who started the BS. YOU are the problem.
Then forget I said anything. Obviously this has nothing at all to do with politics and it is just New Yorkers having to deal with two individuals who happen to support strong police control and it has nothing at all to do with either political party.

So what were you saying about Bloomberg and Kelly?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
No one is denying you your guns, there is are restrictions, why shouldn't some politicians have armed protection with the level of nuts that want to attack them.
There are many people who live in unsafe areas. One could post many instances where someone was able to protect their life because they were carrying.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
No Ron Paul isn't far right, he might be a Libertarian that knows he could never win an election under the Libertarian name, but definitely not far right.

As for voting for the lesser of two evils, I actually like Obama and support a number of his things, so there was no voting for a lesser of two evils for me. Also I am a Browns fan and I haven't really been watching much of any football in recent years cause they seem to suck year after year.
I may not agree with your choice as far as who you voted for, but if that is who you voted for so be it. Having said that, i still feel that there isn't any difference in either party, as i both feel that they pander to special interests.

As for the browns...... Have faith.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What it can also do, however, is allow the NYPD to conduct illegal searches by means of scanning anyone walking the streets of New York. Any object on your person could be privy to the eyes of the detector, and any suspicious screens can prompt police officers to search someone on suspicion of having a gun, or anything else under their clothes.
Illegal? LOL.

There is NO right to privacy on a public street. Or in a public place.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:53 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times
Street side scanners does seem a bit extreme. However, I cannot help but think that this is a reaction to inviting a discussion on gun control and it is received with the "arm everybody" or "arm the teachers" or "arm the college students" or the reaction from the "from my cold dead hands" crowd.
With no discussion and no possibility of compromise you often get extreme reactions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies