Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
ummmm what?

that's why it's posted.

goes back to the OP.. re-read it
You were posting the list as some kind of "proof" celebrities have a problem with od-ing, right? Well, it's a list of celebs who overdosed... so obviously it's going to have a lot of famous names, but unless we compare it to both the total number of "notable people" (who have & haven't died from drugs) + all non-notables, the list is meaningless to your point. Actually, I'm not even sure WHAT your point is, since you keep contradicting yourself. So lost, I'm outta here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
the facts come from the article.

the OP. .. Opening Post.

everything else after the OP.. OPening post is up for discussion..inferences and all....

the facts are in the OPENING POST! WITH THE NEWS ARTICLE AND BELIEVE ME MORE WILL COME OUT LATER.

PERIOD.

TAKE OR LEAVE IT.

This THREAD IS intended to be a discussion about rich people and their coddled kids with money, drugs and all the trappings of life who get mixed up in garbage.

and how can that be? when money is supposed to solve all problems... etc...

only some people want to toss this thread under the bus which happens so often.

Read the OP it explains all.

PERIOD.
Who told you this? And why were you so naive as to believe it?

Why do some kids get mixed up with drugs? Because they do. Some have addictive personalities, some fall in with the wrong crowd and some use drugs for reasons no one can know or explain. Some of these kids come from rich families and some from poor and some from in between. Some of their parents are loving and involved parents and some are neglectful and some are just so so.

Point is, you can't single out one cause for drug use. The link you posted is just one of many tragedies that occur every day.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Wow... another one bites the dust.

CONTROVERSY.. LIES IN THE QUESTION WHY? WHY ANOTHER TYCOON'S CHILD, CELEB CHILD DIES FROM DRUGGING?

INSECURITY?

The world lies before them, connections, money, power from their family history etc... to die this way?!?!

Amazing. What's the real issue here!

Kid was born into a family of billions to die from a heroin overdose.

Why does this happen?

Kid dies at a "christian" uni/college.

Why did this happen?

Kid was using heroin!

Bad parenting at it's highest level.

Disgusting!

Spoiler

Mom and Dad!

Sad death of oil magnate T. Boone Pickens' grandson, 21, whose body was discovered hours after a suspected 'heroin and Xanax overdose' | Mail Online
Why did this happen?
Because human beings, just like monkeys, elephants, pigs and boars, horses, and other creatures like the effects of intoxication. Our society has decided which intoxicants are legal and 'good' and others illegal or 'bad'. The distinctions are totally artificial and are based largely on what we have found to be enforceable or not.

And because some folks who like being intoxicated develop addiction to their drug of choice.
Disgusting or not, that is how it is. Some folks are rich, some poor, some sophisticated, some redneck, some are religious, some are not. The drugs don't care. Because we are what we are, some of us will always die from drugs.

There always comes a point in life when all parents let their child free and go into the world. Trying to blame drug problems on a person's parents is stupid; once gone, a child is responsible for his own actions. We have an artificial date when a child is considered responsible- age 18.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
I thought you guys wanted to legalize drugs cause they were harmless?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:

CONTROVERSY.. LIES IN THE QUESTION WHY? WHY ANOTHER TYCOON'S CHILD, CELEB CHILD DIES FROM DRUGGING?

INSECURITY?

The world lies before them, connections, money, power from their family history etc... to die this way?!?!

Why does this happen?

Why did this happen?

Kid was using heroin!

Disgusting!

Spoiler

Mom and Dad!

Sad death of oil magnate T. Boone Pickens' grandson, 21, whose body was discovered hours after a suspected 'heroin and Xanax overdose' | Mail Online

So kids from poor and middle class families never die of drug overdoses?

Give me a break. Statistics show that children from prosperous families have higher incomes and higher education levels than those from poor families. That is the truth- you show a tragic anecdote and falsely state that it is "the norm", as your liberal handlers have conditioned you to view "the rich" in this way.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:

INSECURITY?

Why does this happen?

Why did this happen?

Kid was using heroin!

Disgusting!

Spoiler

Mom and Dad!

Yup, all those kids dying in Chicago were from rich families. Nice try, but both rich and poor self absorbed parents have kids that die. The main difference is that the poor families usually take out innocent bystanders when they do.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:

INSECURITY?

Why does this happen?

Why did this happen?

Kid was using heroin!

Disgusting!

Spoiler

Mom and Dad!

You keep refering to TCU as a Christian school, it was founded as one back in the 1800's but it's not governed by any religious body. Playboy ranked it as the #9 party school btw. They, like a lot of schools have a drug problem. See this related article TCU Horned Frogs football players arrested in drug sweep - ESPN Dallas (note, some players were poor).

Heroin doesn't care if you are rich or poor, it's a dangerous drug period. As far as his parents go, we have no way of knowing if they were good parents are not. We don't know what his parents did or didn't do. We don't know if his parents even knew. IF I had known I would have isolated him from society for a few years, but I'm not going to judge his parents without knowing the facts (even then it's none of my business). I'm sorry for their loss and the loss of ALL those who die from an overdose. It's sad.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Yes.

My parents knew everything I did when growing up.

Because it was about respect. I knew my place as a child and I didn't go sneaking out to do heroin with druggies.

If you had a different background, that's your life.
So, your parents knew everything?
No parent knows everything about their kids unless they have them locked up.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So kids from poor and middle class families never die of drug overdoses?

Give me a break. Statistics show that children from prosperous families have higher incomes and higher education levels than those from poor families. That is the truth- you show a tragic anecdote and falsely state that it is "the norm", as your liberal handlers have conditioned you to view "the rich" in this way.

I agree with you. Kids from all walks of life, black, white, brown, don't matter. Kids from all background die from drug overdoses.

Sad really that a kids life is so empty, they feel the need to get the rush that high.

There are so many children from many celebrities and musicians who have never ever been in trouble, while some do drugs.

Middle class and poor families alike, are not immune to their children not dying from drug overdoses. Drug overdoses, take place whether your a poor family, inbetween, or wealthy. Just sad that so many of our young feel the need to take drugs, to get that chage out of life, they don't feel.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:

INSECURITY?

If a child is born with mental problems, it does not matter how wealthy their parents are. The same goes for abusive or controlling parents, who drive their children insane. How does the song go "Money can't buy me love?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies