Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I wonder how much money you want to spend taxwise to support these unwanted children once Roe V Wade is repealed?

Oops!
Oh, I'm sure they'll be adopting them all. They have adopted unwanted kids with various challenges already, correct? Let me tell you, these people value life. I mean really value life.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The SCOTUS has determined women have a right to choose. Until that decision is reversed, live with it.
The SCOTUS once upon a time decreed 'Separate but equal' to be the law of the land and people did live with it -until they changed it.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I am willing to spend as much as necessary, as long as the wealthy/rich get a tax hike as well. I support liberal economic policies.

For the record, I could ask you a similar question about legalizing infanticide if there will (hypothetically) ever be a shortage of adoptive parents.
There will always be a shortage of people willing to adopt kids with various challenges, many of whom are born to precisely the people you geniuses want to preclude from having abortions. This contention that there are oodles of parents just waiting in line to adopt kids with physical and mental disabilities is false.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:38 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The SCOTUS once upon a time decreed 'Separate but equal' to be the law of the land and people did live with it -until they changed it.

tell me, do you really want to live in an america where women are forced to give birth against their will?

how do you plan to keep women pregnant who don't want to be?

do you support sex education and free or low cost birth control?

do you support raising taxes in order to pay to house and educate all the children born that otherwise would of been adopted?

are you pro life when it comes to the desperate woman who seek out back alley or self induced abortions. are their deaths justified because babies were saved by removing safe abortions?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I wonder how much money you want to spend taxwise to support these unwanted children once Roe V Wade is repealed?

Oops!
I for one would sooner see money that's going to subsidize studies on the mating habits of Dung Beetles, and Golden Handshakes for congressmen/women for serving even a single term in office, go to the care of children guilty of nothing more than being born. There's OODLES of money out there going for $%^# that would be better spent taking care of children if it meant not bumping 'em off pre-birth.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:39 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
There will always be a shortage of people willing to adopt kids with various challenges, many of whom are born to precisely the people you geniuses want to preclude from having abortions. This contention that there are oodles of parents just waiting in line to adopt kids with physical and mental disabilities is false.

yes, whores, drug addicts and criminals make the best parents

Old 08-18-2013, 11:47 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
As for adoptive parents? Most pick kids like they were grocery shopping! I knew a colleague who was wealthy and decided they wanted a a baby who was white, female , had blue eyes and was Russian! It felt more like they were picking out a dog!
As for Toure' he admitted the truth about his past which most men won't do! I am just glad I will never have to deal with this issue.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
tell me, do you really want to live in an america where women are forced to give birth against their will?

how do you plan to keep women pregnant who don't want to be?

do you support sex education and free or low cost birth control?

do you support raising taxes in order to pay to house and educate all the children born that otherwise would of been adopted?

are you pro life when it comes to the desperate woman who seek out back alley or self induced abortions. are their deaths justified because babies were saved by removing safe abortions?
I used to live in an America where adults were held to their adult responsibilities and innocent, nascent beings weren't made to pay the ultimate price for others' mistakes.

it isn't my place to keep women from getting pregnant who don't want to be. That is their responsibility.

I'd support raising taxes to support these children, but only after we stanch the flow of billions and billions of tax dollars going to corporate welfare, favored constituencies, and generous donors.

Since I find abortion morally suspect, if not downright immoral, I have little to no sympathy for women who go to 'back alleys' (will you guys ever get tired of using that silly cliché?) to terminate their babies.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:48 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
As for adoptive parents? Most pick kids like they were grocery shopping! I knew a colleague who was wealthy and decided they wanted a a baby who was white, female , had blue eyes and was Russian! It felt more like they were picking out a dog!
As for Toure' he admitted the truth about his past which most men won't do! I am just glad I will never have to deal with this issue.
and then you have disgustingly ugly angelina jolie, who feels the need to base adoption on shade.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I'd rather be picked out for my blue eyes than snuffed out because mommy didn't make her boyfriend wear a condom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies