Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Honestly, most U.S. black females are not attractive. Now, Caribbean black women, Central American, and south American Black women are attractive, they are mixed and have European blood in them. U.S blacks are as black as they can be.

Rihanna (Barbadian) is an example of what I am talking about, or Mariah Carey (part Venezuelan).

Whoppy Goldberg, Oprah...(U.S.)

LOL at the attempt to usurp the solidarity and sisterhood that exists between Black American, Black Caribbean, Afro-Latinas, Black British, Black Europeans and Africans by attempting to put our beauty in competition. There are beautiful Black women and men ALL over the world. And beauty is not defined by all people based on the lightness or darkness of one's skin.

Alex, darling, people like you are powerless against those of us who do not have a color complex and do not engage in colorism. I see beauty in the blackest Black and the whitest White (and everywhere in between)

It speaks volumes that your life is so incomplete and void that you seek solace in the antiquated idea that Black American women should somehow be ashamed of their skin coloring which is a testament to and a legacy of the beautiful sub-Saharan African ancestry within us.

These beautiful dark skinned Black American women (along with many, MANY other sisters) are winning darling!! Yes, WINNING!!!

Tika Sumpter

Nicole Beharie

Mellody Hobson (and her new hubbie George Lucas)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?
I am very shy and soft spoken, with a very good career. Also, I'm a size 2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
Do you like film, astrophysics/cosmology, investing, and want to raise Harvard material? If so, hit me up! We could make some Blindian babies together

It's time Asian men and Black women defy boundaries created by the media and social norms concerning IR relationships. The era of the Blasian couple is at hand! Walk with me.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 06-27-2013 at 08:05 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 10:36 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
[quote=Julie1234;28017063]I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?[/quote]

UMMM, do black guys also have a problem with you being black????????

Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times
Hopefully this thread will be deleted.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Asian women have no power in the society at all. Black women are in a better position.

When an Asian woman got murdered, she could not even make into the news. e.g. Elisa Lam.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
Quote:
Is it wrong for me to wish that I was an Asian American woman?
Quote:

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
On a light-hearted note... I was going to say it would be wrong if you were a black man. LOL.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Honestly, most U.S. black females are not attractive. Now, Caribbean black women, Central American, and south American Black women are attractive, they are mixed and have European blood in them. U.S blacks are as black as they can be.

Rihanna (Barbadian) is an example of what I am talking about, or Mariah Carey (part Venezuelan).

Whoppy Goldberg, Oprah...(U.S.)
I like Whoopi. She has other qualities about her. She's also one of the rare exceptions for females, in that she has improved in looks as she has aged, like fine wine.

I like her shoes on the View and she's a pretty funny person.

I also doubt she's big time into thugs. Most Black-American women from her generation weren't and aren't.

Also, deep black skin complexion is not unattractive. Like lighter hue skin it depends on other aspects of how the person's skin looks. Like its sheen.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 PM

Addendum to post #147.

Such as these women.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The above post truly begs the question, why is a non-Black woman so very highly invested in what Black people think/say/do?

Wow, jerseygal4u read the opinion of ONE "black man on the internet" who said that he doesn't like thick, dark skinned Black women...well I guess that one post on the internet settles it then, right?

BTW, the opinions of these men FAR outweighs the opinion of a random "black man on the internet": Barack Obama, George Lucas, Robert DeNiro, Prince Albert of Monaco, Roland Betts (billionaire), Peter Norton(billionaire), Vladamir Doronin (Russian billionaire), Prince Maximillian of Liechtenstein (the wealthiest of the European royal families), Wissam Al Mana (billionaire married to Janet Jackson), Patrice Motsepe (South African billionaire)
Well,let's see. You make so many aSSumptions about me.
I am black.
Secondly,that's my opinion......black women look best to me with natural hair.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 AM

502 posts, read 717,686 times
Quote:

Just curious, are you only interested in non-black men? If you are *only* interested in dating out, I would recommend that you re-consider your approach. Not trying to be racist or say that people should only be dating their own kind, but regardless of who you are, whenever you cancel out your own ethnic group, you're probably reducing your odds of finding dates or a relationship by at least 2-fold. Trust me, I've lived around large multicultural cities my whole life, have seen more than a few friends/acquaintances of different ethnicities beat their heads against the wall and go dateless for long periods of time because they seemed to have this attitude of wanting to only date interracially. It's like leaving your home with the deep water well in the backyard and instead choosing to wander around in the desert with your pale in hand looking for an Oasis. While race/ethnicity is not nearly as imperative to match-making as it was 50 years ago, the majority of people still dates/marries within their own kind. Interracial dating has become trendy in America, but everyone (white, black, hispanic, asian...) still has significantly better odds with finding a person from their own ethnicity than vice-versa. Perhaps you could open up your tolerances? Looser tolerances is key to happier dating life and finding a partner. There are white, hispanic, etc. men who are open to dating a black woman, it is a growing trend, but you will have to make a more concerted effort (i.e. overcome your shyness and let them know) to get these men. There are also some really fantastic, attractive/successful black men out there too. You might still find an interracial relationship, but I *know* there are lots of black men out there who would be willing to date you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies