Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM

116 posts, read 93,614 times

Advertisements

Self hate is a female canine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,180,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
I am not going to come out and call you a liar or an imposter, but your post is suspect. I have never met or heard of a Black woman who wanted to be an Asian woman or any other race of woman.EVER. Those of us Black women who are in relationships or married to quality men would really question who you say you are and your ideas in this post. I am becoming less surprised at the nonsense on this forum, but this post is just ridiculous.
I agree. My "Troll" radar went off as soon as I read this post.

If this by some slim chance IS true, I would suggest that the OP seek counseling, as she is suffering from self-hatred and serious self-esteem issues.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?
I am very shy and soft spoken, with a very good career. Also, I'm a size 2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
How about stop being so shallow?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Successful troll is successful (smh)

Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM

57 posts, read 86,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
I am not going to come out and call you a liar or an imposter, but your post is suspect. I have never met or heard of a Black woman who wanted to be an Asian woman or any other race of woman.EVER. Those of us Black women who are in relationships or married to quality men would really question who you say you are and your ideas in this post. I am becoming less surprised at the nonsense on this forum, but this post is just ridiculous.
i was about to say the same thing. this post is suspect. another person trying to stir up trouble.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM

16 posts, read 139,748 times
There's men out there who date black women. Just keep looking and you'll find a guy.

I'm not even going to bother saying people discriminate, guys preferring blondes or whatever, I'm sure you've heard it all before or thought about it before.

I myself have green eyes. Should I feel inferior to blue eyed people? I personally don't think I should, my body was just born the way it is. It's no different in your case being black.

It's not just black people who get discriminated against, everyone does.

If you were Asian or white, you'd still face discrimination at times, for various reasons, not just your looks.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
For anyone who claims that the dating world is fair and that all these ideas are just insecurities in the OPs head, please come back to the real world. Yes, there are plenty of men who only date women of a certain race. That being said, there are also men who will date black women. Maybe you are not as universally liked as some other races. That just means you have to work a bit harder. Nothing else will do. Unfortunately in the dating world, height and race are big factors and they are not things you can change.

And to generalize some more, the world isn't fair. The difference races all have their strengths and weaknesses. Black people on the whole tend to be more naturally athletic than Asians. So as a black woman, you are probably going to be more athletic and have better muscle tone than a typical Asian woman. Maybe that doesn't help you in the dating world. But once again, the world isn't fair and you can only play with the cards you are dealt.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Stop dating black men. Date outside your race. And I am black man telling you this.
She doesn't have to stop dating black men altogether, however, she definitely needs to consider dating outside her race (as you recommended). Variety is the spice of life .

Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?
I am very shy and soft spoken, with a very good career. Also, I'm a size 2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
This is just my take on it. There is a history in this nation, of making people wish they were a different race. That kind of history can do alot to one's self esteem.

To get more an idea about you. Where do you hang out? What kinds of activities are you in to? I am quite aware that dating is difficult for many African-American women. That being said, I ask the questions because perhaps, the odds could be changed in your favor, in you finding a decent man.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is just my take on it. There is a history in this nation, of making people wish they were a different race. That kind of history can do alot to one's self esteem.

To get more an idea about you. Where do you hang out? What kinds of activities are you in to? I am quite aware that dating is difficult for many African-American women. That being said, I ask the questions because perhaps, the odds could be changed in your favor, in you finding a decent man.
I'm sorry but only the weak-minded would actually "wish" to be a different race than their own. And no offense to anyone but going from Black to Asian isn't necessarily an "upgrade" by any means IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies