Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Thanks.
You did not knock it out of the park. Nor have you ever acknowledged the give aways I mention where conservatives seem rather blind. All you seem to worry about is direct transfer payments which is merely a form of privilege with a different accounting method. If for example da guberment loaned me an F-15 and I sold joy rides, I am quite sure I could claim that I am not on welfare.

That is why I reject your politics with as much disdain, or perhaps more given the inherent hypocrisy of it, as I do the liberal welfare state and identify politics.

Growing up as a conservative, I realized later that my leaders either failed me in their knowledge, or failed me in their cowardice.

Bill Buckley: Henry George and the Single-Tax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 02:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
I doubt it. I think most liberals are fine with how America is currently ran and not in a good way.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
its a serious split.
45% of people work the rest wait to get fed.
those working many are older boomers still working.
politics are different more conservative.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The dirty little secret is, nobody can survive in a so-called "progressive" country... not for long. Because in a "progressive" country, more and more people survive by taking Other People's Money from them.

But eventually you run out of Other People's Money... and then everybody is in trouble, including the people supplying the money.

This is one of the sillier lies promoted by the people who want to divert attention from the fact that they live off legalized theft.

Face it, our country IS conservative. Though less if it is so now, than it used to be.

Still, most people would never think of walking into their neighbor's house and lifting money from his wallet. Or telling him he can't build a playground for his kids in his back yard because a snail darter lives there. And most people would never give their 13-year-old daugthers a condom, much less instruct them on how to stretch it over a banana, or whatever else pops up. Rather, they will use LOTS of family influence to keep her from having sex until she's in a situation where she can securely raise the child that results, i.e. she's mature and married to a good guy.

And they would never run their households by borrowing half of what they want to spend, and then spending it freely without ever giving a though to how they will pay it back... and then borrowing an even large amount next year, and the next, ad infinitum.

And they would never take away their neighbor's property to give it to some poor guy - they are far more likely to donate their own money to help someone who needs help, while urging him at the same time to use part of it to get job training, clean himself up etc. - a quintessentially conservative thing to do.

That many of those same people turn around and vote for politicians who do exactly the things they would never do themselves, is one of the enduring mysteries of our age. Most Americans are, in fact, conservative, except in how they vote (an activity they obviously don't spend much time or thought on).
Talk about silly lies. Or silly hyperbole, Or just plain silly - you start with so many false premises that it's not even worthwhile to answer.

Let me break it down to your simplest form:
Conservatives good.
Liberals bad.

Why don't you just leave it at that?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So liberals will spend more money we do not have on an education system that fails to educate , Spend more money we do not have to bail out auto companies that are going to fail. Not allow oil production on public lands so we can spend more money on solyndra. Back union thugs that hold production in grips.
And isntead of solutions to jobs deficits debt blame the republicans
Your comment has nothing to do with my point, but i will answer it anyways.

Our education system has not failed. 19th is not failing, it just isnt first. We could make it better by simply following the models that work, there are plenty of school systems in this country that graduated 90% of their kids each year. I dont have the specific number on how much those systems spend per kid, but im sure its not so much as to turn people off from preparing their children for the future. That aside, who said it would cost any more money ???????????????? for all we know, it could just be the way something is taught.

as for bailouts, again who mentioned it ? production has to do with how many cars are being produced each year, not how many companies are making those cars. By the way, Mitt Romney ended up claiming he was for those bailouts remember,and so was your party.

Solyndria was approved for a 500 million dollar loan, most of which it never received. 500 million dollars as stated 10X's over by the conservatives on this site isnt even alot of money, atleast that is what i get from your comments about the buffet rule or taxing the rich at clinton levels which would have brought in 10X as much tax revenue than the 500 million Solyndria never got.

Lets also remember that the biggest recipients of solar, wind and all renewable energy grants and subsidies are in fact the oil companies, because oil companies are not just oil companies, they are energy companies. Those subsidies and Research grants total more than 20 billion dollars (just the big 5 oil companies) in the last 4 years, but you have a problem with 500 million,smdh.

Union states have higher on average wages than those RTW states, they have better health care as well. Yes, it does throw off production for a couple of weeks, but it does not cripple it as you ignorantly claimed.

That last line is the funniest one, you really think Obama hasnt come up with plans for all of those things ??? You can not be that blind so im going to give you a hand and say that what you meant to say is that you didnt believe Obama's plans would work. Because if you honestly didnt know he had plans then you shouldnt even be in this forum arguing about it.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheNRA View Post
Well, I am a Conservative, I am a naturalized American and I love this country. Obviously it is not a perfect place but I would not want to live any other place. One thing that I find amazing about so many Liberals is the fact that so many of them do not believe in this country: I could give you a lot of specific examples but one that comes to mind- Diane Feinstein stating that if she could she would ban guns altogether- WHAT THE HELL? I was born in a country where the Second Amendment does not exist- the criminals end up with all the illegal guns and law abiding citizens can't even defend themselves. I also notice that a lot of Liberals are against our military-they may not say it out loud but deep inside, they don't believe nor support our men and women in uniform. Anyways, I could go on and on but if these people only knew how precious our rights and our Constitution is
I think that Al Franken basically had it right - conservatives tend to "love" America the way a child loves a parent. There's a real need to think that "the country" can do no wrong, that it's perfect, and so forth. While at the same time, they tend to oddly exclude large groups from "real America", based on things like where someone lives, or what their skin color is. So, as one obvious example, they'll howl when someone like Chris Rock or Melissa Harris-Perry bring up our long history of discrimination based on race near July 4th, even though it is a large part of the story of our country. Or, when Barack Obama became president, hey immediately started looking for ways to declare him not American (and not just the Birthers, John Sununu did this as well as Romney's most visible surrogate). Or for a third, GWB attacking "Liberal Massachusetts" when he was running against John Kerry, and then the same people who voted for him spinning around and styling themselves as "Tea Party patriots" in early2009, despite the fact that the actual Tea Party took place in Boston.

I also have to note a great deal of hypocracy when it comes to the military. Liberals generally don't hate the military (although some do). And we generally don't hate the people in it - I'll note that the primary group opposing aid for veterans in Congress are republicans, not democrats.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Talk about silly lies. Or silly hyperbole, Or just plain silly - you start with so many false premises that it's not even worthwhile to answer.

Let me break it down to your simplest form:
Conservatives good.
Liberals bad.

Why don't you just leave it at that?
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything you said, so I'll call it names and pretend there is something wrong with it, though I can't provide any details, and hope that someone believes me instead of you.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM

109 posts, read 128,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheNRA View Post
Well, I am a Conservative, I am a naturalized American and I love this country. Obviously it is not a perfect place but I would not want to live any other place. One thing that I find amazing about so many Liberals is the fact that so many of them do not believe in this country: I could give you a lot of specific examples but one that comes to mind- Diane Feinstein stating that if she could she would ban guns altogether- WHAT THE HELL? I was born in a country where the Second Amendment does not exist- the criminals end up with all the illegal guns and law abiding citizens can't even defend themselves. I also notice that a lot of Liberals are against our military-they may not say it out loud but deep inside, they don't believe nor support our men and women in uniform. Anyways, I could go on and on but if these people only knew how precious our rights and our Constitution is
Well, I am a Liberal, I was born here, in Florida, and I love this country. Obviously it is not a perfect place but I would not want to live in any other place. One thing I find amazing about so many conservatives is the fact that so many do not believe in this country and a many want to succeed. I could give you a lot of specific examples but - WHAT THE HELL. I also notice that a lot of conservatives are against gay rights, smaller military, abortion, and not wanting women fighting in combat. Anyways, I could go on and on but if these people knew how precious our rights and Constitution are

Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
My question is why do leftist progressive believe in submission to authority? Yes the right poses its own brand to a extent but the progressives are the ones who propose government authority in many things.

I am not always against regulations but they make it a religion. It's always you can do this but not too much, you can have that but not too much, you can own that but not that other type.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 PM

6,259 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I call BS on this one.
This guy is obviously someone who was banned for trolling and who is now operating under a new name.
And the whole "I'm a naturalized citizen" is CLEARLY a lie. There's no way a naturalized citizen (living in Iowa, supposedly...who immigrates to Iowa?) harbors these Beckian ideals. The OP's opinions a clearly straight from Fox "News".

And if it's the "liberals" who do not believe in this country, how come the Secession Movement is solely the responsibility of the Right Wing? How come Right Wingers are the ones who think that America is on the way to destruction? Sounds to me like they're the ones who don't believe in America.

Me? I simply don't believe in you or the nonsense you post. How come you don't tell us where you're naturalized from? Where did you emmigrate from?
I'm also a naturalized citizen. I moved here from Canada 16 years ago. I have lived in Tennessee, Alaska, and now I live in Wyoming. Regardless of what you think about the rest of his post, I wouldn't dismiss this guys' claim out of hand. Yes.......immigrants do move to Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies