Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
When you are blinded by color, you cannot see clearly.
Well consider this. I'm Black. I've been to Southern California, but not to the Compton area. I stayed around Glendale and a few trips to Santa Monica, Long Beach, Venice Beach, the tourist parts of LA, and Santa Clarita. I never went to the South Central/Compton. I was never alone and I was afraid for MY safety. I had my safety to think about. I'm Black and I have to consider that the gangs in Compton would target me BECAUSE I'm Black. Now answer this for me. How does that help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
what the article is careful to avoid and the believe me ACLU and NAACP is big on this, no mention that like the zimmerman case, its all latino vs AA.
archie bunker is not in the picture at all.
and that my friend is the great danger of the this social engineering DC project. latinos dont have white guilt.
when u lose your donkey its hard to find a place to pin the tail.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why not house them - in their homes?

Why should prisons even exist?
And have a unionized state employee in all of their homes?

Isn't CA's finances already in the crapper?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And have a unionized state employee in all of their homes?

Isn't CA's finances already in the crapper?
What would be the purpose of the unionized state employee's presence?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Hispanics have made Compton a much safer and pleasant place.

You don't live here, so I don't expect you to understand.

The community has vastly improved over the last few years, and I attribute it to the family, religion oriented, Hispanic influx.
And I attribute it to the ~3% unemployment rate in the Hispanic community... hell I was shocked to discover that unemployment in Mexico is under 6% and because of that people are leaving!! Unemployment in the black community cant even be measured its so high!!!!! I'd be peaceful and pleasant too if I had all the work I could stand. Black people are some of the most religious and family oriented there is. Hard working too, when someone hires them. If you didn't know that, I'm here to tell you. Blacks don't have much if anything to lose... whites... well they stand to lose this country to the Hispanics and it will serve them right. Safer and peaceful indeed. Just wait... ...

H

Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlamaria View Post
well that's stupid mexicans? Why I mean they minorities shouldn't we stick together in the fight of racism ? Don't they know that whites hates them the same ?
No, whites don't hate them the same. White people tell me "nothing personal, but I'd hire a hispanic anytime, anywhere, but I'll never hire a black person. They love hispanics. Only the ones that are out of work hate hispanics. If you were so down the food chain that you were in competition with hispanics for work then most better off white people aren't going to feel too sorry for you.

H

Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
No, whites don't hate them the same. White people tell me "nothing personal, but I'd hire a hispanic anytime, anywhere, but I'll never hire a black person. They love hispanics. Only the ones that are out of work hate hispanics. If you were so down the food chain that you were in competition with hispanics for work then most better off white people aren't going to feel too sorry for you.

H
I have found that quite a few people complain about Hispanics. What I've noticed is that the persons who complain the most are often the unemployed or the working class. That being said, sometimes it does feel like Hispanics are preferred over Blacks when it comes to hiring.

When I read the statement that was told to you "nothing personal, but I'd hire a hispanic anytime, anywhere, but I'll never hire a black person", that really made me angry. It angered me as a Black man, I'm being singled out. If it were me, and I was being told that, this would be my response to that statement:

"It is personal to ME. It isn't personal to YOU because you aren't the one being affected by it. It is personal to ME because I am the one being affected. I'm the one being turned down for a job. I am the one who is unemployed and lives with my parents as a result. I went through sweat, blood, tears, sleepless nights, and depression to get a college degree, and you tell me that because I'm Black, you wouldn't hire me. It is personal to me because I am the one who will be at a hardship, not you."

That is how I look at it. I am the one who is dealt the bad hand.

I have a question. The persons who told you they wouldn't hire Blacks, do they own businesses? I ask because I'm considering the idea that you could sue them for discrimination.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Apparently, a lot of those people have an anti-black gene. And they wonder why anti-white racism/discrimination isn't taken seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have found that quite a few people complain about Hispanics. What I've noticed is that the persons who complain the most are often the unemployed or the working class. That being said, sometimes it does feel like Hispanics are preferred over Blacks when it comes to hiring.

When I read the statement that was told to you "nothing personal, but I'd hire a hispanic anytime, anywhere, but I'll never hire a black person", that really made me angry. It angered me as a Black man, I'm being singled out. If it were me, and I was being told that, this would be my response to that statement:

"It is personal to ME. It isn't personal to YOU because you aren't the one being affected by it. It is personal to ME because I am the one being affected. I'm the one being turned down for a job. I am the one who is unemployed and lives with my parents as a result. I went through sweat, blood, tears, sleepless nights, and depression to get a college degree, and you tell me that because I'm Black, you wouldn't hire me. It is personal to me because I am the one who will be at a hardship, not you."

That is how I look at it. I am the one who is dealt the bad hand.

I have a question. The persons who told you they wouldn't hire Blacks, do they own businesses? I ask because I'm considering the idea that you could sue them for discrimination.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
And I attribute it to the ~3% unemployment rate in the Hispanic community... hell I was shocked to discover that unemployment in Mexico is under 6% and because of that people are leaving!! Unemployment in the black community cant even be measured its so high!!!!! I'd be peaceful and pleasant too if I had all the work I could stand. Black people are some of the most religious and family oriented there is. Hard working too, when someone hires them. If you didn't know that, I'm here to tell you. Blacks don't have much if anything to lose... whites... well they stand to lose this country to the Hispanics and it will serve them right. Safer and peaceful indeed. Just wait... ...

H
I don't know. Who do you think is more likely to harbor anti-black attitudes in modern times? Whites or browns?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't know. Who do you think is more likely to harbor anti-black attitudes in modern times? Whites or browns?
I don't think it matters. The point is, the gang problems need to be solved. There are anti-Black attitudes coming from Whites, Hispanics, Asians, and even African Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies