Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times

Advertisements

Here's some Biology 101 for you:

Fetus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Embryo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We are not viewing the life of chickens as cherished, or valued, but we cherish and value bald eagles and some sea turtles.
Now, how does that relate to the question raised by the OP?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Don't forget the Zygote

Zygote - definition from Biology-Online.org

or if you want to stick with Wiki:

Zygote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Now, how does that relate to the question raised by the OP?
My post was not in response to the OP, I was responding to your post.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
And then there's the blastocyst, which some anti-choice fanatics would have us believe is a fully viable human being, just as though it were lying in a bassinet squalling.

Blastocyst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,764 times
Quote:
My post was not in response to the OP, I was responding to your post.
You apparently are confused.

This is an internet forum
This is a thread entitled 'is animal life more valuable than human life'
As such, all discussion in this thread should be about that thread topic.

So, I ask again. How is the difference in perception between chicken eggs, bald eagle eggs, and human embryos relatable to the thread topic?

If you are unable to answer this time, I'll give you my opinion.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And then there's the blastocyst, which some anti-choice fanatics would have us believe is a fully viable human being, just as though it were lying in a bassinet squalling.

Blastocyst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sounds like a "B" movie action hero

Old 01-31-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
You apparently are confused.

This is an internet forum
This is a thread entitled 'is animal life more valuable than human life'
As such, all discussion in this thread should be about that thread topic.

So, I ask again. How is the difference in perception between chicken eggs, bald eagle eggs, and human embryos relatable to the thread topic?

If you are unable to answer this time, I'll give you my opinion.
If you are going to ask questions I'll answer them, so don't ask me a question and badger me for not answering a different post altogether.

The question in the OP is a ridiculous and obviously rhetorical question.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
In America, its okay to murder a baby in cold blood and that act is celebrated from coast to coast,
Babbling provably false nonsense like that is why your side loses the argument over and over.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, the truth is, using such labels as "Fetus" is purely the act of a con artist or a delusional maniac, but does not make this:

any less a human being, and therefore, IS ABSOLUTELY every bit as much a person as you or I.

That you people have become so accustomed to being deliberately deceptive in just about everything you say and do, even amongst yourselves, as you lie to each other just as much as you do with the rest of us ... may have resulted in your losing the ability to discern reality from fantasy and truth from fiction. It's quite possible at this point that you may actually be drinking your own kool-aide, and believing your delusions are real.

Nevertheless, as they say, a picture is better than a thousand words, and that picture is pretty clear. It's not a golf club .. it's not an apple .... it's not a rose .... it is a human baby. For those who insist it isn't, just shows your complete disconnect with literal reality.

Show this picture to just about any 5 year old, and they'll identify this as a baby. That leaves you to consider what could have gone haywire in your mind which prevents you from at least grasping the same levels of logical deduction exhibited by a toddler.
I wish I could give you multiple reps.

Anybody who thinks its okay to kill that in cold blood is evil to the very core, just as much as Southern slave owners were. Just because its politically correct to kill that in the name of "choice" doesn't make it any less pure evil.

Most abortions happen for financial convenience, because the mother can't or doesn't want the financial obligation of raising a child. Slavery was also a matter of economics. You all have been so brainwashed though to think a baby in the womb isn't human, just like so many in pre-Civil War America were brainwashed into thinking blacks were lower forms of life. As horrible and shameful as that past was, it was still never legal to kill a slave like it is to kill babies today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies