Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
The OP is a NON white kiwi/Aussie.
Yes I agree on the quality of immigrants, if you want to immigrate from the USA/Britain to Aus the first question asked is do you have skills we need and want, if the answer is no you will not get in even if you are blonde and blue eyed.
Canada,Aus and NZ are rather hot on having immigrants who are well educated and can speak English well.
I'm not saying that great quality non-white immigrants don't exist. I had a problem with my ankle for 10 years. Went to many white doctors but it took an African immigrant woman doctor to cure me. And without surgery, she is just brilliant and I love her accent.

But how many immigrants of her quality are there in this mass of humanity that either boats in here or jumps the border every year? Not many.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I wouldn't mind immigrating to Spain, they have kick ass food.
And about 25% unemployment rate. lol.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I'll lay some real money down IF a Carib island like Jamaica became real "white" the Black people WOULD be upset PDQ, especially if the white people there were illegal aliens.
Who knows...but my heritage comes from a nation that is already very mixed. Most Caribbean islands are already at least culturally mixed anyway. They would likely end up mixing far quicker than White Americans and with less issues.

(Jamaica is actually different from most Caribbean islands and has been more isolated. Most others have had significant movement among each other. So not sure how many you would find "like Jamaica.")

Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't think the USA will become Spanish speaking. It could, but English and French are the languages of business. If we did become like Brazil the wealthy and connected would still speak English.

Brazil will still have better beaches and women.
French is not a language of business. Spanish is spoken by three times as many people.

English and Chinese are the languages of business.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
For the most part, I'm not attracted to Caucasian women. I prefer Latino, Asian and Black women. No agenda here! If this upsets you, too bad!

Lets just be honest, can we? You fear the day when whites are a minority, right? I know I'll always be a minority in America, the country I was born in.

BTW, there are quite a few Latinos who came to America legally, not every one of them is without papers.
This. Guess it's scary for many of them. For those of us who are minorities, it's no big deal. He is whining about loss of culture when so many minorities, especially those who are recent, both retain and meld their culture. They can learn to do the same.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
French is not a language of business. Spanish is spoken by three times as many people.

English and Chinese are the languages of business.
Outside China you really won't be speaking Chinese. More companies and international organizations require French or English language skills than Chinese or Spanish. If the number of native speakers was the only factor then Hindi and Spanish would be more important to know than English.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:04 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersied View Post
I don't get it, why all the rhetoric? The answer is simple:
Brazilian ghetto I presume.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 AM

510 posts, read 430,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
We do not have a land border with hundreds of millions of Hispanics.
The difference is to get into Aus as an immigrant one needs skills we need and want, hardly applies to the vast majority of Hispanics crossing the border into the USA does it ?
Sorry there's no freaking way an Australian gets away with lecturing America on immigration policy.

The only reason half of Australia isn't speaking Chinese is because you guys run freaking illegal immigrant concentration camps. Liberals would be sh*tting diamonds of rage if a Republican President set up similar mass "detention centres" for Mexican illegals. We're talking "OMG X IS LITERALLY HITLER" etc.

Mandatory detention in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also the average Australian is a flaming racist douche compared to other first-world citizens(most people know this right?)

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

And lastly, despite America and Australia having similar landmass Australia takes in 1/10th the number of legal immigrants America accepts each year. And then we can get into the illegal numbers...

Old 04-05-2013, 12:52 AM

510 posts, read 430,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
This. Guess it's scary for many of them. For those of us who are minorities, it's no big deal. He is whining about loss of culture when so many minorities, especially those who are recent, both retain and meld their culture. They can learn to do the same.
The problem for "white people" is that the formerly mainstream "white majority America" was their culture, so when that's gone there's not much else holding them together. Minorities have always had their cultures because they had to stick together and hold onto that stuff, while whites(many who were born when the country that was 90% white) grew up in a greatly different social environment that put much less emphasis on "sticking together" for ethnic solidarity and more on melting into the great generic economic rat-race melting pot.

The end result is that today (outside obvious redneck areas)whites see each other as rivals and compete with each other while other groups see each other as "brothers and sisters" and stick together within their cultures.

So why didn't say America's earlier "white" immigrant minorities like the Irish do a better job holding onto their own language and culture? Why didn't you see bilingual Gaelic signage in NYC? Unfortunately America was much nastier back then about forcing people into the melting pot...

Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Sorry there's no freaking way an Australian gets away with lecturing America on immigration policy.

The only reason half of Australia isn't speaking Chinese is because you guys run freaking illegal immigrant concentration camps. Liberals would be sh*tting diamonds of rage if a Republican President set up similar mass "detention centres" for Mexican illegals. We're talking "OMG X IS LITERALLY HITLER" etc.

Mandatory detention in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also the average Australian is a flaming racist douche compared to other first-world citizens(most people know this right?)

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

And lastly, despite America and Australia having similar landmass Australia takes in 1/10th the number of legal immigrants America accepts each year. And then we can get into the illegal numbers...
Sorry dear boy you need to check your so called facts, on a per capita basis we take far more legal immigrants and Refugees that the USA.
Racist ? nope, we throw whites into the camps as well , boils down to our country so we make the rules.
Strange we have a Liberal/Labor government at this point of time who are happy to chuck illegal immigrants into camps.
Similar landmass , been to the Gobi desert have you ?
Oh, ALL we Aussies are liberals by USA standards, but we are not soft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies