Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
This discussion also assumes that women only want guns for self-defense. I'd be curious how many of us here also enjoy shooting for fun? I love spending a day shooting sporting clays with hubby. Turkey shoots are fun, and I have even on occasion went deer and goose hunting, although admittedly not my favorite of activities. What you say ladies? Do you like shooting?
I know my wife loves to shoot. I know dozens of woman that love shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Come on, I've seen videos of gun shows, dudes buying one bad-ass weopon after another, that is a fetish.

And what am I in power? An elected Democrat pushing an agenda? No, just a regular guy trying to understand the massiveness of gun ownership in America (so much different from any other country, whether 1st or 3rd world).

And I'll already admit that women DO own guns more than I had realized. Anecdotally speaking, I know alot of woman who live and party in iffy neighborhoods in and around this city (DC). A few of them carry mace or pepperspray, a few own big dogs like pits, but none of them own guns.
I appreciate you admitting that you have become more knowledgeable about women and guns.

I would suggest you actually GO to a gun show before you believe ANY video.

" A few of them carry mace or pepperspray, a few own big dogs like pits, but none of them own guns".

That is because the CANNOT get a CCP. (Concealed Carry Permit)

Educate yourself some more and try to get a CCP in D.C. or Maryland. It is damn near impossibly. I don't know about Virginia.

Even IF you had one from MD or VA, you still could NOT carry in D.C. They don 't recognize them.

P.S I carried in D.C at the risk of loosing my job and going to jail for a long time. Being alive was worth more.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times
Shoot Like A Girl - Women's Shooting Sports - Welcome

Women of USPSA

http://sniperbabes.com/id80.html

Women and guns: Interest in guns and shooting grows among women - Chicago Tribune

Last edited by hogfamily; 02-01-2013 at 01:41 PM..

Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Or feel the need to own or carry them. They are afterall less able to protect themselves by other means right?

Whether urban blacks or white country boys, gun ownership is mainly a man's passion, fetish really. Hollywood, video games, and the NRA just promote this huge culture and industry of cool deadly toys for boys.

Or let me guess, the NRA beleives women are sadly under-armed, and will ramp up campaigns targeting more female gun ownership.
You're hanging out with the wrong women if you think women don't own guns. Out of all the women I know, there are only a few that don't own a firearm. My wife, her mother, her brother's wife, and her grandmother all own firearms. 3 of them carry a firearm on a regular basis. My mother, my 3 sisters, and my 2 aunts all own firearms. About half of them carry a firearm on a regular basis. In our circle of friends, which ranges from stay-at-home moms to medical professionals, most own and carry a firearm.

I'm not sure what statistics you are looking at that tells you women don't own firearms, but whatever your source is you need a new one.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
It's almost like Black Community leaders, and Democrats are sending the message "Well, since we Blacks are savages, we can't handle gun-ownership, we're too small-minded to comprehend owning a gun without wanting to kill each other, so take them out of our community, we can't handle this type of freedom." We should own guns, and amend our mentality instead amending the laws.
A lot of blacks are becoming more vocal about their gun rights.
Why Are Black "Leaders" Anti Gun ? - YouTube

Even the church leaders are getting involved.
To American Gun Owners - YouTube

At the last gun show I attended, there were a LOT more people of color there. In talking to them and overhearing their conversations, they were there for the same reason I was - if one of my rights has a chance to be taken away then I want to stock up.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Hmmm. I'm a big advocate of sex for pleasure, but I agree, guns for self-protection.... non-starter. I'd rather the gun types just admit they like the power of having killing technology at their beck and call. Power that they wield, but ultimately will never use. Like the U.S. nuclear arsenal. NRA propaganda aside, there really is no argument. Guns do not feature heavily as defensive weapons.

One main reason that I am against anymore proliferation of concealed carry is that it is fast becoming apparent that guns are weak as defensive weapons and thus more and more jurisdictions are allowing their... favored citizens the option of using offensive use of firepower on presumed threats rather than obvious threats. Racial minorities do not have equal access to firearms and will be disproportionately victimized by the fear driven, trigger happy, contingent of 2nd Amendment devotee's.

H
I see a lot of lose claims being thrown around here with not one single fact to back any of it up, which I doubt you can. Of course IF you bother to check any of them out you won 't post the info because it will show how little you know.

Then as usual, we have the race card. What makes you think minorities have less access then any other person?

I do admit the poor have less access and that is because our great anti gun leaders saw it fit to ban all "cheap so-called Saturdy night specials" putting most guns out of the price range for the poor.

Prices soared after the Clinton so-called Assault Weapons ban, supply and demand and all that. Every time Obama or Fienstein or any other politician talks about bans or taxes etc, the prices go up,meaning more and more people can't afford them.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM

61 posts, read 46,856 times
Quote:
Or feel the need to own or carry them. They are afterall less able to protect themselves by other means right?

Whether urban blacks or white country boys, gun ownership is mainly a man's passion, fetish really. Hollywood, video games, and the NRA just promote this huge culture and industry of cool deadly toys for boys.

Or let me guess, the NRA beleives women are sadly under-armed, and will ramp up campaigns targeting more female gun ownership.
Your assertions are disgusting, backward, and frankly misogynistic.

I don't approve of your War on Women and their right to defend themselves with the most effective means available: a gun.

Shame on you.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
I suppose it's not a surprise that you're totally missing the point.

The number of guns owned, or the number of guns being sold, tells us nothing about how many different people want guns. The evidence is clear that a declining percentage of the population, and a clear minority, own guns, but that a lot of the people who do own guns own more than one.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:

Because we're not chickensh*t, terrified, horrified, and trembling 24/7 as gun fondlers are?

Or maybe it's because we're not little boys that got old still pretending to be GI Joe?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM

61 posts, read 46,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Because we're not chickensh*t, terrified, horrified, and trembling 24/7 as gun fondlers are?

Or maybe it's because we're not little boys that got old still pretending to be GI Joe?
More hoplophobe demonization, propaganda, and projection of irrational leftist pervert neuroses. It is starting to become comical.

Seek professional help hoplophobes. You are suffering from a horrible crippling disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies