Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Did you read those articles? This is my favorite quote, exactly what I posted before:

"Therefore, he said, he would support allowing concealed-carry so long as anyone licensed to carry a gun were required to through proper training about how to work this tool, and about when and how deadly force can be used."
Please show me where you posted that before, because it was most definitely not in the post that I replied to. What you posted was that sheriff and police departments don't advise citizens to carry guns. You were noticeably, inconceivably wrong on what is, really, a very simple matter. Sheriffs do, in fact, advise citizens to carry firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Did you ever read his tale of the bikers who threatened to smash his baby's skull on a tree until he pulled out his handgun? I know if I were looking for truth, I would point folks towards the guy full of tales like these who claims to have lived off the grid in a tipi for three years.
I never said a word to those guys and i never touched that Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. It was a 3 screw gun not a 2 pin with a transfer bar...

I have pics of living off the grid and you have seen a few. Started in a September moved the next moved the next and after 3 full years again in a Sept we moved back to society.

Whether or not you believe me is moot. I also start fire with a bow drill in 120 seconds flat. That even gives me time to rest..

They don't make brain dead idiots any better than than made you. You must be the 'King of I can't'!

I am surprised you don't pick on my USA tour via Motorcycle for 20,000 miles and 10 months....

You can't pull that off either I bet.

As they say no pain no gain... It' s not like you have ever accomplished anything in life other than go shopping.

Trust me I am not that creative of a writer to dream this up..... I am a doer, not an arm chair dreamer. People like you and Obama are dreamers and never get a damned thing done.
Quite frankly you should be on my ignore list.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Well.. then folks here have a much greater imagination than I have. I guess I'm one of the unfortunate ones, who can't spin a yarn. The best I can do is remember...

You've articulated your opinion. You have yet to give the personal REASONS for that opinion.
Yes, they probably do have greater imaginations than you do when it comes to fabricating stories. You should be thankful that you do not match their acumen in that department. If you did, you too would have to slither away for extended periods after someone exposes the fabrications.

I don't have any personal reasons for my conclusions on this issue. I have no negative experiences with guns. My opinion is based solely upon data. The data that is from reliable sources is clear: Guns do not make the vast majority of you safer. If you have a family with younger children, they pose a significant risk to the safety of your family. Believing they make you safer does not make it so. One thing that we can probably be certain of, and this was addressed in that study I linked to before, is that those of you who do carry undoubtedly see more threats than those of us who do no doubt. As I've heard one of you state before when asked who you see as threats: "Everyone."

Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Please show me where you posted that before, because it was most definitely not in the post that I replied to. What you posted was that sheriff and police departments don't advise citizens to carry guns. You were noticeably, inconceivably wrong on what is, really, a very simple matter. Sheriffs do, in fact, advise citizens to carry firearms.
I will amend my statement. I have yet to see any department advise this. There are indeed officers who have advised it. Most do not.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I never said a word to those guys and i never touched that Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. It was a 3 screw gun not a 2 pin with a transfer bar...

I have pics of living off the grid and you have seen a few. Started in a September moved the next moved the next and after 3 full years again in a Sept we moved back to society.

Whether or not you believe me is moot. I also start fire with a bow drill in 120 seconds flat. That even gives me time to rest..

They don't make brain dead idiots any better than than made you. You must be the 'King of I can't'!

I am surprised you don't pick on my USA tour via Motorcycle for 20,000 miles and 10 months....

You can't pull that off either I bet.

As they say no pain no gain... It' s not like you have ever accomplished anything in life other than go shopping.

Trust me I am not that creative of a writer to dream this up..... I am a doer, not an arm chair dreamer. People like you and Obama are dreamers and never get a damned thing done.
Quite frankly you should be on my ignore list.
Do you remember the time I made an implication that gun fondlers are compensating for their private part deficiencies with their guns and you threatened to tell the teacher and have the thread nuked? Now you are calling me names. Frankly I couldn't care less, but does that at all give you pause and want to reconsider trying to silence people in the future when they hurt your feelings?

One other observation: People who are "doers" don't feel the need to have to impress people by bragging about their accomplishments, much less on internet forums. In general, people who are "doers" aren't on internet forums. You're actually sounding unusually pathetic with this post. I would imagine there are even a few folks who have been a bit more sympathetic to you in the past who are a bit embarrassed for you with this effort.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
What a dreadfully stupid argument. Are seat belts, bike helmets or fire extinguishers regularly used against their owners to harm or kill them, as is the case with firearms? A couple dozen City-Data nitwits are pecking away on Google as we speak: "fire extinguishers homicide") The chances are greater that you will accidentally shoot yourself or some kid will shoot himself with one of your guns than that you will ever use one of those guns to prevent a crime from being committed. Far greater, actually. Now, do you have some evidence that seat belts, bike helmets or fire extinguishers also introduce you to those same risks? I'll be waiting with bated breath.
Well, I agree with the bold part of your comment....about your comments anyway.

Quote:
The chances are greater that you will accidentally shoot yourself or some kid will shoot himself with one of your guns than that you will ever use one of those guns to prevent a crime from being committed.
Cite...or BS on you statement...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
No, I base it off of reliable statistics. We are safer than we have ever been and, rather than making you safer, your guns dramatically raise the risks for you and your family members.

Then lets see these stats?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,367 times
Quote:
Yes, in the vast majority of this country, no one needs to walk around with a gun, though I've noted that there are some exceptions. When it comes to avoiding becoming a victim, there is a whole list of things you should be doing that come before walking around with a loaded weapon. A law enforcement officer can supply you with most of these things, if you're genuinely interested. Walking around with a concealed handgun won't be on that list. Again, the most likely consequence of you walking around with a loaded weapon is that either you or someone in your family will hurt or kill themselves with it, when compared against the chances that most of you will use it to stop a crime. Of course, you would never think of doing a rational cost/benefit analysis of such things. That would require looking at the issues absent of emotion and being open to actual data that might contradict what you wish to believe.

The answer to your litany of questions at the end is to remove yourself from those situations, not carry a gun. And, actually, if you have kids, it is not your choice to remain in that situation. You don't have the right to keep kids in abusive situations. You must remove yourself and them. Bringing a gun, or another gun, into a situation like that is incredibly stupid.
So if a bad guy(s) break into your home and you have retreated to a bedroom and they break down that door?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No, it cannot be. Most of these tales are false. In fact, when confronted, most of these fabricators attempt to run from their tall tales. That's the thing: If you are going to spin tall tales, you need to have a good memory.

I've articulated a half-dozen times why most of you should not be carrying weapons in public places. Pick one of the past several pages and read.
I Have not seen a SINGLE link from you.....I have seen a bunch of so called "facts." But nothing with anything to back up what you say.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Yes, they probably do have greater imaginations than you do when it comes to fabricating stories. You should be thankful that you do not match their acumen in that department. If you did, you too would have to slither away for extended periods after someone exposes the fabrications.

I don't have any personal reasons for my conclusions on this issue. I have no negative experiences with guns. My opinion is based solely upon data. The data that is from reliable sources is clear: Guns do not make the vast majority of you safer. If you have a family with younger children, they pose a significant risk to the safety of your family. Believing they make you safer does not make it so. One thing that we can probably be certain of, and this was addressed in that study I linked to before, is that those of you who do carry undoubtedly see more threats than those of us who do no doubt. As I've heard one of you state before when asked who you see as threats: "Everyone."
Nothing but total hogwash........

I was born in 1951, and for so long as i can recall Dad had guns in his open closet. I an first born of 6 kids, I had a brother who passed away from Lymes in 98' of the other 4 they are all girls and of them 3 own guns. All are college educated and the eldest of them is a Phd the next is a MD, the next runs a Bank, I am iot sure what the last is up to now.

Dads guns never harmed a soul.

Your personal reasons are you are a friggin gun grabber big govt wanna be and probably are a fat slob on welfare.

The fact you don't believe me is moot. In the 80's i shot a man who was out of prison for the 6th god dammend time and i shot him in the door way to my house, in a rural village in NH backed up to the National Forest. he was a doper, which no doubt you are. he was looking for anything to steal, but made lethal threats to me and my x wife... My son was in a crib then too.

After that my son grew in close contact with guns, and he is just fine today and has hos own son who is in close contact with guns. Just because you have never held a gun or shot one doesn't mean you know anything about guns.

YOU SAID : "I have no negative experiences with guns." Is just because you never had any contact wit any guns once in you whole life and probably have a record that prevents you from ever buying a gun even if you wanted too.

Most people who blabber on the way you do are mental defectives who wish they could buy a legal gun but can't.

That 'I can't' thing fits you so well.......

Your life is so very boring that you don't even have a life story to tell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies