Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Bless your heart darling... it's plain and simple... If I were to find myself in a situation where I felt uncomfortable... I'll simply slip my hand in my holster purse. No need to go looking for the purse. No need to go fumbling through it. You make women sound like we're all a bunch of trembling, babbling idiots, who are asking for it. Those of us who took the time and effort to learn what we are doing are not going to be raped and then start looking for her purse...
If you can do that, why do you need 10 rounds while sitting in the comforts of your home??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
Why don't most men want hello Kitty socks? Do you really need to ask? Some women like fast cars and motorcycles and guns, many like romance novels and bead bath soaps. Just the way things are.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If you can do that, why do you need 10 rounds while sitting in the comforts of your home??
I don't need 10 rounds in my home.. For home protection, I much prefer the double barrel shotgun's..

Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM

61 posts, read 46,853 times
Quote:
I don't need 10 rounds in my home.. For home protection, I much prefer the double barrel shotgun's..
Quick! You've been instantaneously teleported into your living room where a burglary is in progress by 15 heavily armed MS-13 gang members! And your double barrel shotgun is in your purse in the bedroom! What do you do now, gun-fondling gun fondler!?!!!!111!one!??

According to ChupaChihuahua you would be more likely to shoot yourself in the foot or accidentally kill your children!

Gunz Baaaaaaad!....herrderrderrrrrr!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3783 View Post
Quick! You've been instantaneously teleported into your living room where a burglary is in progress by 15 heavily armed MS-13 gang members! And your double barrel shotgun is in your purse in the bedroom! What do you do now, gun-fondling gun fondler!?!!!!111!one!??

According to ChupaChihuahua you would be more likely to shoot yourself in the foot or accidentally kill your children!

Don't forget, when you arrive, you are in the middle of them and they all have their guns pointed at your head.....

I mean that's the way all robberies and rapes start...we've been told so!!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
I still find it interesting that all of a sudden previously quiet, law abiding, hard working people who own guns have suddenly become the bad guys in this conversation. Not the gang bangers. Not the ones who get their slimy little hands on an illegal gun and then shoot down little kids playing in the street (time after time) on the south side of Chicago. The law abiding citizens who have never broken the law and who jumped through whatever hoops were required by their state to legally own a firearm. THEY are the ones who are being ridiculed and belittled and against whom yet more battle lines are being drawn.

I find it interesting that so-called progressives stomp their feet and declare that there is a war being waged on women, but when it comes to women who legally choose to own a firearm for their own protection, they are also ridiculed and belittled. Self-aware women need to ask themselves where the true war lies.

But we're not talking about welfare, or food stamps, or Muslims, or gays or abortion. We're talking about legal gun ownership by law abiding adult citizens. Because we own something progressives don't like, we are all fair game.

The hypocripsy and agenda-driven opportunistic posturing, is stunning and cannot be ignored.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Why does anyone have to explain why they need anything or if they don't need it why they want it?

Old 02-05-2013, 01:18 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3783 View Post

LOL.. I guess I'd invite them (in my most polite southern twang) to sit down a spell, take their shoe's off, offer them a bit of shine or a beer, because apparently that's what we ladies are supposed to do when threatened by the bad guys...

Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why does anyone have to explain why they need anything or if they don't need it why they want it?
Because people are afraid of what they don't know and must control the unexplained.....

Old 02-05-2013, 01:24 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Apparently she also thinks that only crime is committed without the aid of a weapon, because their gonna take my gun and use it against me. But.. that's okay too... Nobody who commits a crime uses weapons either...
They don't even have to take your gun from you. Unless it's permanently taped to your hand, you have superhuman speed, are on guard 24/7, and are one hell of a shot, you can be overpowered, whether you carry a gun, don't carry a gun, or have extra-special luck.

What it boils down to is being safe, not in carrying a gun as a rabbit's foot, hoping it bestows upon you some magical protection others don't have, or some impressive superhuman capacity to kill all perps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies