Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I've discussed this already so many times, I'm beginning to repeat it in my sleep, I swear. Yes, the Supremes decided to pretend the Second Amendment was about INDIVIDUALS and not the militia. Yes, the Supremes decided to pretend the Second Amendment was NOT about militias at all. Yes, the Supremes ignored what the framers of the Constitution said in the Militia Amendment. I already know this. I've already discussed this. I'm having to repeat this all over again. (groan)

HOWEVER, The Supremes do pretty much any damned thing they want. They've made horrible decisions, and they've made good decisions. They act upon what each individual justice believes. I even gave the example of Justice Scalia, an a-h who is right wing to the core, and how ALL of Scalia's (or at least nearly all) his decisions have come down to voting politically, EVEN THOUGH he is a Justice of the Supremes and he should know better, but he DOESN'T CARE. The Supremes is a group of 8 people who do whatever the hell they want. The Supreme Court, in the past, has had to reverse itself. How do the Supremes reverse themselves? Easy - by deciding DIFFERENTLY on a new case that comes before them, deciding in a way that completely contradicts the initial decision on a case that came before them prior to them reversing themselves. This has been done many times.

However, the next time a gun control case comes before them, IF they vote against individual gun rights, you'll be (once again) stuck ONLY with the MILITIA AMENDMENT, which is about militias, and says not one thing about individual gun "rights," and you'll be left whining that the word MILITIA isn't even in the Second Amendment at all, and that the framers weren't *really* talking about militias.
Yes, we have discussed this before with you and others that are either not reading what has been posted or can not comprehend what they are reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If you can do that, why do you need 10 rounds while sitting in the comforts of your home??
Ask some of our law enforcement or our military how many rounds it sometimes takes to put down a bad guy.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3783 View Post
Agreed.

The hoplophobic gun grabbers are jealous of the Southern gun culture and our independent, self reliant attitudes. The eunuch disarmed peasant hoplophobes are lashing out because they are insecure knowing that they rely completely on "the state" for their protection.

So we get froth-bedribbled invective about how silly gun owners are, compensating for their small penusseses, and how statistically improbable it is that one would ever need to discharge their firearm in self defense.

Bedwetting hoplophobe ostriches, the whole lot of them.
Yeah! What ^ he said!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
While I commend you for trying hogfamily.. I'm afraid just reading it won't do any good for so many of the gun-hater's. Reading comprehension seems to be just as big an issue for them...
Yeah, but it's kinda fun, and I do love fishing!

Bait hook......cast line.......reel 'em in......

Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
EXACTLY on preventing those situations. One has to stay out of such situations.

As for me wishing rape on anyone, please feel completely free to post here where I ever said that. You won't find it, because...

What I did say was that a woman ALREADY being raped cannot reach for her purse to get her gun, and I'd like to know how that would be done.

When I said that, the whinier gun fondling males began saying that I was wishing rape on women. I suppose they did that, because, having no response to my question, they chose to create a distraction.

And again, a woman who is ALREADY being raped, will not be able to overpower the perp in time to get to her purse, pull out her gun, aim, and fire, hopefully to hit him. And if that can be successfully done, again, I ask the gun fondlers to explain how that would work.
If you are aware it will not get to that point.

Shoot Safe Learning - Refuse To Be A Victim

Last edited by hogfamily; 02-05-2013 at 03:37 PM..

Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I think all women who get a gun, do so because a gun-owning male encouraged them to. At least that's what I've witnessed, and I'll bet I'm right.
Many women that I know have taken a self defence course, a CCW, course, and then purchased a firearm.

All because they decided on thier own that they wanted to be able to defend themselves if attacked.

Last edited by hogfamily; 02-05-2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You seem to think there are stats out there on how the mere act of owning a gun is a magic rabbit's foot that prevents rape. If that's what you think, show me. I'm ready!
Nope, no one has said that.

Shoot Safe Learning - Refuse To Be A Victim

Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I was just watching a local news story about day time break ins and burglaries in an otherwise mostly peaceful residential area. The woman interviewed had this warning for the burglars... both she and her husband had CCP and will shoot anyone trying to break into their house. Sounds like a plan.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This can happend to a 300lbs man in good shape...
Exactly what I'm saying. Guns are not some magical rabbit's foot that brings you good luck, safety, or defends you.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM

For all those that seem to think that owning a firearm is some how related to penis envy:

My wife is a beautiful, intelligent, sexy, awesome Domestic Goddess. She loves to shoot firearms and I can guarantee you that she does not have penis envy. She is totally satisfied that I am the one with the penis.

She does, however, envy my big firearms.

Last edited by hogfamily; 02-05-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies