Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,561 times

Advertisements

I think you mistake median for average. The average wage per worker in the USA is probably closer to $28 - $30K annually. Of course, a two worker household can pull in $55 - $60K easy here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I see we have another Grammar Nazi on this forum.

Awesome!!!

No doubt, you're a liberal. Who woulda thunk!

(Where's the puking icon when you need it!)

Dude, quit now and save yourself some dignity.

Your conclusions do not match what you want your data to show.

The "bottom 50%" of the country captures only 13% of all income in the United States.

THAT is the true problem.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Dude, quit now and save yourself some dignity.

Your conclusions do not match what you want your data to show.

The "bottom 50%" of the country captures only 13% of all income in the United States.

THAT is the true problem.
and why does the '''bottom 50%'''' only capture 13% of all income.......

because the """"bottom 50%"""" (of FILERS (to include head of household and married jointly)) is HOUSEHOLD income under 33k

fact even the IRS states the MEDIAN household income (OF FILERS (ie REPORTED income)) for the ENTIRE USA....50k

Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I think you mistake median for average. The average wage per worker in the USA is probably closer to $28 - $30K annually. Of course, a two worker household can pull in $55 - $60K easy here.
Good post. Exactly what I tried to tell him, but he's dug in his heels and is convinced the entire country is doing wonderfully.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 AM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The average hourly non-farm wage in the United States is $23.78. That equals to $49,462 per individual OR $98,924 per two worker household ANNUALLY!

There is absolutely NO REASON why the average worker in the United States cannot live off of these wages.

In fact, with these wages, and when personal responsibility is factored into the equation, there's absolutely no reason for single-parent families, children born out of wedlock, Medicaid, WIC, Welfare, or Food Stamps.

The AVERAGE worker makes $49,462 per year and yet we have liberals belly-aching over minimum wage and people barely able to make ends meet???? Who's fault is that?!

Get off your lazy asses and DO SOMETHING with your unproductive lives! There's money to be made out there!

Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National) Home Page

My son and his girlfriend make about $40K together. They make a good living. He is an office assistant works M-TH 7am-4:30pm and she works in laundry at a nursing home M-F 5:30am- 12:30pm. They have cable, internet, running cars. My dad, before he moved to a retirement home, sold her his house. They raise their grandchild and her dad lives with them.

No desire to earn more money.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Wow, wish I did make that much - my husband has a plant foreman for the past 20 yrs - his annual pay $40,000. I was, until laid off, an xray tech at the same orthopedic office for 13 yrs - my pay - $41,000. Due to our high tax state, we were comfortable but we watched our pennies, as during the past 5 yrs - all our expenses went up, but our pay did not.

Again, where you live and your expenses will vary on what a good income is.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:57 AM

15,091 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. The policy of giving mortgage loans to high risk/low-income borrowers ended up biting a lot of people in the butt. When those loans began defaulting en masse, they took the housing market, MBS, the resulting derivatives, and our economy down with them.
Let me explain the scam ..... Banks created the bubble by how much they were willing to loan for any given property, and also relaxing the qualification criteria for the loans. The second part is the key, and a deliberate and calculated system, which only makes sense if you know the entire scam. As the buyer market increased due to the relaxed standards, you create higher demand, and a seller market that drives up property values. The reason the banks approved loans to just about anyone who could fog a mirror is that was exactly who the banks wanted ... people with a high likelihood of defaulting, given what they intended to do ... which is package these loans and sell them to MULTIPLE investors! Here's the simple formula ...

Issue $100,000 loan ... (with an annuity value of say $210,000). Sell that contract to 10 different investors at say ... $130,000 ea. That puts $1.3 million in the bank's pot. The bank is now on the hook to pay those 10 x $650 monthly mortgage payments to those investors out of that $1.3 million pot (enough to pay those payments for 16+ years). Now you see why the bank would benefit from a default, and the sooner the better. So, they inflate the property value artificially ... Lend the money to someone likely to default ... bust the bubble ... auction off the foreclosed house at pennies on the dollar, and pocket the scammed profits, while receiving bailouts from your sellout crooks on capital hill who turned a blind eye to the gross fraud being perpetrated intentionally, by design.

Of course, thanks to fractional reserve banking rules, each one of those contract mortgages issued are claimed as assets by the bank, allowing the bank to issue 9 times that amount in additional loans ... Lending money that doesn't exist is illegal if you did it, but perfectly legal for the bank. Also, selling your house to 10 different people would land you in a Federal Prison, but when the bank does it, they make Billions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies