Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Look what happened after Sandy Hook. There was talk, understandably, about gun control. Said talk led to cries of they're coming to take our guns. Said cries led to people running out to buy more guns. Said people running out to buy more guns led to more money in the pockets of NRA leaders who sell guns.
What a sad post! If only you knew what you were talking about instead of merely talking to hear your head rattle. The leaders of NRA do not sell guns. Guns are sold mostly in sporting goods stores, and I would imagine the leaders of NRA have plenty to do without thinking about running a store. This is how foolish and untrue stories get started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
No. You're asking me to capitulate to the NRA. To not argue against them. That is not an option
Really, I care less what you do. It doesn't make a spits worth of difference.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How does the NRA have a financial interest if they never see any of the money? Do you even listen to yourself?!?!?!!
Those who support the NRA in some cases make their dues money selling guns. No big conspiracy there. Not a big deal. The overwhelming vast majority do not.

There is no story here outside of the talk of stripping people of their Constitutional rights set them in motion to show what they thought about that idea.

I joined the NRA last month. I have no desire to buy a gun. I likely never will. I'll never sell one. Odds arent high that I will ever shoot one again.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Take the largest "donor", Midway USA for example. It donated $7 millions a year. Now that is because Midway USA set up a NRA round up at their check out. Customers have the option to round up their payment to the next dollar and Midway will see that money goes to NRA.

$7 million tell you that NRA has the support of lawful gun owners. It's not the big corporations, or the big bankers. It's the people.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:09 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
Look what happened after Sandy Hook. There was talk, understandably, about gun control. Said talk led to cries of they're coming to take our guns. Said cries led to people running out to buy more guns. Said people running out to buy more guns led to more money in the pockets of NRA leaders who sell guns.
What happened at Sandy Hook?

Links with pictures.

I'll wait

The NRA has no interest in mass shootings. It means they need to worry about nuts like you on the internet.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:15 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
We have heard from police chiefs in NYC and Chicago regarding the ease with which illegal guns flow into those cities, they know first hand. The NRA is complicit in supporting loose gun laws in those states. I wouldn't say they support mass shootings but they don't seem to have any issue with the easy flow of guns out of places like Georgia, their primary interest is in gun sales not safety.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We have heard from police chiefs in NYC and Chicago regarding the ease with which illegal guns flow into those cities, they know first hand. The NRA is complicit in supporting loose gun laws in those states. I wouldn't say they support mass shootings but they don't seem to have any issue with the easy flow of guns out of places like Georgia, their primary interest is in gun sales not safety.
Except the vast majority of police officer think more gun laws will not make a difference.
http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legisla...-perspectives/

I bet you believe the war on drugs has kept drugs out of cities.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:14 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
And the gun grabbers have a vested interest in these shootings too.

The more shootings the more talk about shootings.
the more talk about shootings the more crazy people get ideas
the more ideas they get the more shootings there will be
the more shootings, the more talk the more talk the more lather in the public to get them thar guns.

Face it, gun grabbers need more dead bodies.
I said the above in 2013.

its clear this is the case.

not one single thing has been suggested by gun grabbers to deal with the issues of mental illness in this country.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:24 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
As far as I know, the NRA has never participated in any PsyOP-staged mass murders.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:33 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You do know (or are NOT aware) that most city police chiefs are POLITICAL appointees.

MOST mayors are dems. If you go against the mayor, you loose your job.

MOST "on the front line" police OFFICERS think differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies