Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
OK then we agree I think. Right?
Really, the mods made a mistake - it was two different topics. One in the military forums, one in the crime forums. And it was moved here, or I guess combined with a the politics post...and then suddenly the issue is "gun control". Funny if it wasn't so pitiful. I just followed it from the crime forum and it's like "wtf are you guys talking about...gun control???? what's that gotta do with tea in China???".
Thanks for clearing this up.........I was totally confused
What does gun control have to do with Chris Kyle..........sheez this might as well be closed.

Is someone messing around...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,665 times
What does it have to do with gun control? Why was an individual with severe psychological issues documented by doctors, whose own father was concerned with him having access to guns, who was taken to a mental facility twice in the past 4 months for threatening his family and suicide... why was this individual taken to a gun range and given access to a cornucopia of guns? Seems this is yet another example of how our lax gun control laws and culture allow and sometimes encourage access to guns for mentally unstable individuals.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
What does it have to do with gun control? Why was an individual with severe psychological issues documented by doctors, whose own father was concerned with him having access to guns, who was taken to a mental facility twice in the past 4 months for threatening his family and suicide... why was this individual taken to a gun range and given access to a cornucopia of guns? Seems this is yet another example of how our lax gun control laws and culture allow and sometimes encourage access to guns for mentally unstable individuals.
Sounds like poor judgement on the parties involved, not lax gun control laws.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Lucky for us the guy didn't go on a monster rampage after he killed Kyle. I guess depending upon how much ammo they had with them he could have caused some real carnage.
Indeed, as a Marine he was well trained to shoot. It could have been much worse, like Charles Whitman the Texas Tower shooter in 1966, who was also a Marine - 14 dead, 32 others wounded.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Thanks for clearing this up.........I was totally confused
What does gun control have to do with Chris Kyle..........sheez this might as well be closed.

Is someone messing around...........
Bad moderator call for sure, particularly for those that want to honor the guy. The surest way to destroy a topic and turn it into a nonsensical free-for-all is to throw it into the politics forum. Next will come "it's Bush's fault". But..oh well.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM

677 posts, read 1,537,953 times
Shouldn't this be in the Mental Health forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,568 times
Well, this thread was an interesting read. RIP to the two that died.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Still believe Chris was killed for his truck or because the Devil Dog snapped?

Yeah, well it's still bull****!

Who hired you?

Who?

Who?

Who?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You really are uninformed about the facts. PTSD causes more suicides and deaths that you obvoiusly know. Here's just a few of many explanations. Suicides and murders among the military due to PTSD is higher than their deaths in combat. I deleted what I really wanted to say about your message.

Shooting of Navy Seal Chris Kyle grimly highlights PTSD - Video on NBCNews.com

And more:

"The symptoms can range from mildly disturbing to wholly incapacitating," said Dr. Jeffrey Lieberman, chair of psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City and president elect of the American Psychiatric Association, describing the nightmares and flashbacks that can haunt soldiers long after their return to civilian life. "And we're still limited in our understanding of why it occurs, what it consists of, and the best approaches to treatment." One treatment approach involves the slow, steady re-exposure of patients to their PTSD triggers.... Kyle was known to take veterans battling PTSD to the shooting range.

The murder of Chris Kyle: A watershed moment for military PTSD? - The Week

I hope you will call and donate money to Kyle's family. There's a lot of websites set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I am very surprised that nowhere on the internet are they talking about this being a set up. A hero navy seal vet gets killed by a marine with psd at a gun range. There is no way I believe that. It was a hit and I would like to know the reason. This man was one of the best soldiers in the world thousands tried to kill him and this supposely mentally ill man just killed him and his friend. Navy seals arent just physically strong they are mentally strong too. If this man was that mentally ill that he would go on a killing spree I believe that chris kyle would of picked up on that and not put himself in that situation.
Does anyone here have any clue why he was assassinated?
Hmmm...already trying to off himself in jail already?

Give it up cherry?

Who sent ya?

Who the f*** sent ya?

We want those names.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:29 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sounds like poor judgement on the parties involved, not lax gun control laws.
I agree.

Who took this guy to a shooting range? Oooopsy?

Just because you enjoy the sport of target shooting doesn't mean you can turn it into a touchy-feely moment of PTSD syndrom treatment. "There we had a great day at the range; he's all better now!"

Bad call dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies