Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
what are some examples of his actions that make him less American?
Start with his explanation for why he won't put his hand over his heart when the national anthem is played:

"'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression."

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-113894

OUR presdident doesn't want to be seen as taking sides when it comes to OUR FLAG and national anthem???? WTF???? If he's not on our side, why is he president?

He is one of us in name only. He is not one of us at heart.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 02-03-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
what are some examples of his actions that make him less American?
His middle eastern apology tour in his first term.

Promising Putin that he would be better able to negotiate in his second term.

There are many more that you could look up if you cared for the truth.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
His middle eastern apology tour in his first term.

Promising Putin that he would be better able to negotiate in his second term.

There are many more that you could look up if you cared for the truth.
Too many more... It leaves anyone with a brain wondering that his real agenda is in running for president of a country he doesn't believe in.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:10 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,865 times
Too many "odd" things happening all at once.

I also see a pic of him shooting trap with his "rifle" in a magazine today.

Mr. President, that's a shotgun you are holding Sir...........

Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
I didn't like Obama the very first time I heard his name. Not because of his name. Nor his race. But.. because I heard he was from the State of Illinois. I grew up in Illinois. Downstate to be exact. Anyone who lives in Illinois knows what Chicago and Illinois politics is all about. Criminals. Most all of them. Blagojevich. George Ryan. Dan Walker. Dan Rostenkowski. And on.. and on... Was there any doubt where we were heading?

Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
He is yet another Progressive.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I didn't like Obama the very first time I heard his name. Not because of his name. Nor his race. But.. because I heard he was from the State of Illinois. I grew up in Illinois. Downstate to be exact. Anyone who lives in Illinois knows what Chicago and Illinois politics is all about. Criminals. Most all of them. Blagojevich. George Ryan. Dan Walker. Dan Rostenkowski. And on.. and on... Was there any doubt where we were heading?
This probably affected my opinion as well. I lived in St. Louis, MO for nearly 2 decades, and my work took me into Illinois fairly often. This, along with having friends and relatives that live in Chicago, made me realize that Chicago politics was nothing but an updated version of Capone and Co.

Not really what I wanted to see go to Washington.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM

709 posts, read 656,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Who said that? Hell, I'm white and try not to be racist and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, hell yes, the Republican Party routinely and deliberately makes appeals to racism on almost a daily basis. It's part of how the party has decided to represent itself for the last half century, why it does so well in the south but not very well in the northeast or far west, it's why very few minorities even consider voting for them, because they've proven it over and over again and at least every week they prove that's still their position. Ignore it if you want but most of the rest of the country isn't willing to do that.
You damn sure implied it.

In any event, it isn't worth arguing over. I'm not going to change your mind on anything, and you aren't going to change mine. So, continue to see things through whichever lens it is that you use, and I'll just live and deal with reality.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM

188 posts, read 406,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16trillionandcounting View Post
Btw who exactly would appear to be more racist when this was the stats from the election?

7% of blacks voted for the white candidate.
39% of whites voted for the black candidate.

HMMMMM

Well an overwhelming majority of Black Americans are Democrats, and have been Democrats for some time now. Black folks weren't knocking each other over to vote for George W. Bush or his daddy, and the same goes for Mitt, and Mc Cain.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
At first, I was only disappointed. Everyone was talking about the new guy, what a great speaker he was, and I was hopeful when listening to his first speech. And I found he talked for 45 minutes and said absolutely nothing. No real ideas, no proposals, no plans, no specifics. And I was very disappointed.

I soon realized that Obama was virtually a "blank slate" upon which liberals could build the mythology of a Great Leader--an African-American so outstanding that he outshone everyone else, white or black, in Washington. But he had never held what I would call a "real" job, or even owned a business. His experience was nil in the private sector, and close to nil in the public sector. Nobody could look into his writings and record and see exactly what his views were, because there was nothing to look at. That was my second clue that something was very wrong.

But through the campaign he criticized many things about Bush that I 100% agreed with, particularly the idiotic warmongering, Bush's obscene level of federal spending and debt accumulation, and the back-room deals made in Washington. So I had hope again. Then he got into office and I found he simply said whatever each audience wanted to hear, with the full intention of getting elected and doing what he really wanted: implementing an extremely far-left, Progressive liberal agenda. He was not elected to do that.

With all the promises he made during the campaign, he followed through on none of them. Instead he spent his political capital on something I had never even heard mentioned during the campaign: Obamacare, along with a $1 trillion tax increase to claim deficit reduction at the same time. So suddenly we have the most sweeping expansion of government power and size in recent history, without even giving lawmakers a chance to read the proposal, let alone provide for the 5 days of public review he had promised during his campaign. And everything Obamacare was supposed to do (reduce health care costs, make health care more accessible, allow people to keep their former plans and employer-provided health care) we now realize it not only fails to do--but it makes virtually everything much worse than it was before. And the worst thing about Obamacare is this--it means one of two things must be true: either Obama forced this bill through with no idea that it didn't accomplish what it was supposed to and made everything much worse (i.e., he's a terrible President), or he knew it would be a disaster but it is just a stepping-stone to socialized medicine in America (i.e., he's conniving and dishonest and practices "the end justifies the means").

The final annoyance is that so many people think Obama is an intellectual, a genius, and highly educated. I have yet to see anything he has ever said, or anything he has ever done or written, to indicate an IQ over 100, yet the mythology persists. And it is very telling that he absolutely refuses to let anyone see his grades or transcripts or any other objective measure of academic achievement--hardly something you'd need to hide if he really was a genius. It has since been revealed that he did not even meet the minimal affirmative-action criteria to get into Harvard after a pathetic record at Occidental (his entry and tuition for Harvard was thank to a shadowy radical Muslim leader for some unknown reason); and his much-lauded Harvard Law Review leadership period failed to produce a single published Obama article, and resulted in one of the least-cited (i.e. worst) Harvard Law Reviews in recent history. And the book that made him so famous in the first place? Written by a ghost-writer, after Obama and Michele spent a year partying on the other side of the world, enjoying the lucrative advance but failing to produce any copy for the publisher to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies