Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,471 times

Advertisements

There's no place for gays in the Boy Scouts.

Not many would want to join anyway.

They carry knives, hit the rifle range, chop wood, sharpen hatchets/tomahawks, fish, camp, leather working, wood crafts etc.

You won't see many eating with dirty hands and fingers because there is nowhere to wash them either.

Dishonoring the Scouts with liberal agendas just isn't cool.

BTW, you don't want to know what the guys I Scouted with would have done had there been a Robbie Rotten amongst us. It wouldn't have been pretty, I'll tell you that much.

Then again, it was many decades ago, where gays weren't cuddled and nursed along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 PM

554 posts, read 608,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am a Christian. If you feel that I am therefore deluded, I will respond that you are deceived. God will judge.
I don't believe in your god, or any god, for that matter. So therefore I'm judgment-proof.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post

They carry knives, hit the rifle range, chop wood, sharpen hatchets/tomahawks, fish, camp, leather working, wood crafts etc.

You won't see many eating with dirty hands and fingers because there is nowhere to wash them either.
And why would this turn gay kids off to the Scouts?

Quote:
BTW, you don't want to know what the guys I Scouted with would have done had there been a Robbie Rotten amongst us. It wouldn't have been pretty, I'll tell you that much.
I thought, among other things, Boy Scouts were suppose to be friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, and morally straight. Where does gay-bashing fit into that?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
I'm glad I live in a state with term limits, so people like Rick Perry don't stay in office as long as he has. It's really sad that he would advocate discrimination against his on constitutes, because like or not, Texas has a gay population and they are people too.
Thankfully, Rick Perry has almost no effect on most Texans' day to day lives. Although he's a bully, he's a weak governor. Here in Houston, we have an openly lesbian mayor. She was obviously not elected by a majority population of religious lunatics. In fact, Harris County is quite Democratic and liberal, or should I say, libertarian. That is, I've found that Texans really don't care who you sleep with or marry, as long as you're a decent human being. I feel more comfortable here as a gay man than I ever did elsewhere.

And ... the demographics of Texas are changing. Don't be surprised if Texas soon becomes a blue state.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM

37,126 posts, read 42,189,292 times
There are lot's of gay boys in the scouts, boys who will "come out" later. You may or may not ever find out about it. Ignorance is bliss ehh?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There are lot's of gay boys in the scouts, boys who will "come out" later. You may or may not ever find out about it. Ignorance is bliss ehh?
Since most boy scouts are very young, I don't think there are " a lot" of gay scouts at all.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 PM

295 posts, read 358,798 times
Quote:
Actually, I'd like to know. What would you have done with the gay scout?

Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The common sense decision to exclude homosexual males from being involved in the boy scouts was a RESPONSE to a serious problem of boys being molested. Get it? A freaking response to a serious threat to these children! So in the effort to protect little boys from homosexual child predators, the decision was made to ban homosexuals in general from involvement, not because someone wishes to discriminate, but because child predators don't wear freaking warning labels, and therefore cannot be easily distinguished between law abiding homosexuals who would never harm a child, with the ones who's sole intention in pursuing an affiliation with the boy scouts is made because of the access to little boys such involvement offers them.

That's just the sad fact of the matter, and those who are screaming foul obviously don't give a crap about the safety and welfare of children, because the decision was a correct one, as the safety of these children is the overriding priority.
Really ? When exactly did the BSA exclude gays, and on what specific evidence ? You obviously know nothing of the history of the scouts. Why don't you research that issue and get back to us ?

So ... because you can't tell who is and isn't a pervert, you would ban an entire class of citizens from scouting ? In this country, we don't punish people for suspecting what they might do; we punish people for crimes they've committed. Since men can be Girl Scout leaders, why not change this ? After all, the chance that a man might sexually molest a Girl Scout is about the same, or greater, than a gay man molesting a boy scout. The answer lies not in banning an entire class of people; it lies in screening people carefully to weed out those whose backgrounds raise an objective question of risk.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Since most boy scouts are very young, I don't think there are " a lot" of gay scouts at all.
To be a Boy Scout you must be 11 or a 10 year old who has completed the 5th grade.

I knew I was gay at 11 (and I was a Boy Scout at the time).

Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:

Dishonoring the Scouts with liberal agendas just isn't cool.

Then again, it was many decades ago, where gays weren't cuddled and nursed along.
Nice ignorant stereotyping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies