Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Do you know alot of gay pedophiles? I know of two male pedophiles in my lifetime. 1 was an old man with granchildren. The second was a single guy with a girlfriend. Guess who got molested.

I have no idea if they were gay, straight, bi or any other designation you want to assign...

Do you think, all gay males, think with one mind...monolithically? Name one group of humans that all think alike.

What is the "gay" lifestyle?...since you're so in-tuned. What is displaying mean? How can you tell they are pridefull? Does that come across to you as they are displaying?
so, you are saying that just because those guys had girlfriends that they weren't gay? I am saying that ANY intentional homosexual act is in fact "homosexual". So, a man who has sex with another male (i.e a 10 yr old boy) is indeed gay. People don't have to be "openly" gay to be gay. Did you know that Elton John had a wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
so, you are saying that just because those guys had girlfriends that they weren't gay? I am saying that ANY intentional homosexual act is in fact "homosexual". So, a man who has sex with another male (i.e a 10 yr old boy) is indeed gay. People don't have to be "openly" gay to be gay. Did you know that Elton John had a wife?
Do you have a point to all that rambling? Because if you do, its completely lost on us.

The fact is, the vast majority of men (gay OR straight) are NOT pedophiles. And this isn't really a thread about pedophilia, now is it?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Do you have a point to all that rambling? Because if you do, its completely lost on us.

The fact is, the vast majority of men (gay OR straight) are NOT pedophiles. And this isn't really a thread about pedophilia, now is it?
1. To say that pedophiles are not gay is to deny that homosexual "sex" is indeed gay
2. Most pedophila occurs man to boy
3. Child rape and/or molestation occurs way too much in our society. Attempts to downplay the problem is contributing to the problem.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Rick Perry told a Boy Scouts of America convention that he hopes the organization will continue to ban membership of gay scouts and scout masters. Perry says he hopes the BSA will uphold its "traditional values", and that scouting is "no place to learn about sexuality"

Gov. Perry: Boy Scouts should keep no-gay policy

I hate to keep whacking you good people of Texas over the head with an inflatable mallet... But you elected this guy governor HOW MANY TIMES???
Ooooops!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Homophobia: The fear that gay men will treat you the way you treat women.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:05 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
2. Most pedophila occurs man to boy
Got a link to back that up? You really think it outnumbers all the men who molest little girls?

You have it backwards.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't understand how allowing a gay boy scout, eagle scout or girl scout into its ranks equates with teaching sex or sexuality in the scouts. The two are completely different! It just means that if someone is openly gay they can serve. The fact that others equate this with teaching anyone anything is completely beyond me. It is the same as don't ask don't tell where you have to deny who and what you are. Why? Shall we force all scouts to deny affinity to either being homosexual or heterosexual and just advocate for asexual members only? As far as i'm concerned, forcing someone to deny their sexuality whatever it is is discriminatory period and any veiled or unveiled attempts to force someone to deny the reality of their existence is bigotry period.
This. ^^^

Why is it that so many think that being gay is all about sex? Anymore so than being heterosexual is?

It's just plain ignorant to think that a gay scout leader is going to talk about the intimate details of his (or her) private life with kids anymore than a straight scout leader will.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Rick Perry told a Boy Scouts of America convention that he hopes the organization will continue to ban membership of gay scouts and scout masters. Perry says he hopes the BSA will uphold its "traditional values", and that scouting is "no place to learn about sexuality"

[URL="http://bigstory.ap.org/article/gov-perry-boy-scouts-should-keep-no-gay-policy"]Gov. Perry: Boy Scouts should keep no-gay policy[/URL]

I hate to keep whacking you good people of Texas over the head with an inflatable mallet... But you elected this guy governor HOW MANY TIMES???
Maybe their judgement is better than, wel,,,, YOURS!!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
The myth connecting homosexuality and sexual molestation of minors was" proved" wrong by the American Psychological Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional medical groups. The state of Florida cited this myth to ban gay adoptions until this law was struck down by a federal court in 2010.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-04-2013 at 02:20 PM..

Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
The boy scouts are all about promoting a certain lifestyle, part of which involves being a Christian if I'm not mistaken. Being a homosexual (lifestyle) and being a Christian are not mutually compatible. This integration is tantamount to the destruction of the boy scouts. Not that I care too much, but let's not sugar coat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies