Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Which god? Yours or mine?

That would be you God. I'm not forcing my God down your throat. That would not be right, to even try to control you.
You have your own choices to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You miss the point. You can't apply the same law to gay couples. You need to rewrite the law. Well if you can rewrite the law for gays why not for the polygamy?
I don't see why the law can't be applied to gay couples. Divorce courts will have a difficult time in deciding whih party to give kids to since there is no longer a man and woman, but this could force them to see divorce through gender neutral lens.

Polygamy is a bit more difficult though. How do you determine which wife is the next of kin, how is property division handled, or child support.

As I stated earlier, I have no problem abolishing marriage and letting people write their own contracts and just having courts enforce them.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
You've certainly overcome the oppressors who wish to dictate comma usage.

Because, that is what matters.
Proper punctuation, is part of my job.
My client's expect it.
I will say, I am human. No one is perfect.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Using this as representative of Tea Party Tenets:

the tea party platform: Category Archive for Platform

I oppose (at least) tenets 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 18, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 32, 35 and 38.

I also oppose the nativist racism that underlies so much of the Tea Party position, but since that isn't a formal tenet I can't assign it a number.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't see why the law can't be applied to gay couples. Divorce courts will have a difficult time in deciding whih party to give kids to since there is no longer a man and woman, but this could force them to see divorce through gender neutral lens.

Polygamy is a bit more difficult though. How do you determine which wife is the next of kin, how is property division handled, or child support.

As I stated earlier, I have no problem abolishing marriage and letting people write their own contracts and just having courts enforce them.

Again, I am not here to debate how to change or apply the law. I am here to point out an irony. :-)

If you support one freedom, why don't you support another? Aren't they just the same? Marrying one person is fine but marrying two is a crime? Marrying opposite sex is fine but marrying same sex is not?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the forming of the Ron Paul grassroots organizing, that got labelled the tea party in 2006, we we anything but war mongers such as JFK LBJ, Reagan, Clinton Obama, both Bush's, McCain and Romney, were and are.
JKF was very reluctant about foreign misadventures.

But, he was pressured by many covert homosexual hawks.

He ended up getting himself kilt over it.

Speaking of homosexual hawks, what's Turd Blossom doing these days?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I hate their "birther" stance, their efforts to legitimize rape, and their bigotry against Muslims and people of other religion.
All of which have nothing to do with the national Tea party movement.

You can find fringe groups who have expanded their issues to cover everything under the sun.

You may as well be saying you don't like Christianity for example, because they believe in handling snakes, and speaking in tongues.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you're straight, would you love to marry a homosexual? Or if you're a homosexual would you like to marry a homosexual of your opposite sex?
Would that be like two black people marrying each other?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I know that. I was thinking the post was about the hijacked Tea Party movement - the
one that included Palin and Ted Nugent and Rove and Bullwinkle - just in case anyone wasn't
paying attention

Dr Ron Paul isn't the only one who can not stand war. We are the party of the people
for peace. We are the Libertarian Party.

Ron Paul "End The Wars" Trust Today : 2012 - YouTube
Don't stupid people deserve to have power?

George Bush fought for stupid people, and employed them as armed security guards.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
I share a lot of the concerns the tea party has, but I disagree on how we solve those problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies