U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM
 
32,037 posts, read 32,848,071 times
Reputation: 14920

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
and the Muslim Brotherhood are not! We are conquering countries to hand over to the jihadists. Wake the f up!
Anybody can be called a terrorist if it suits their interest.
What countries is the USA conquering? Are you referring to Iraq or Afghanistan where in reality the USA just helped a change of regime and has only had some partial control over? As for the Muslim Brotherhood I am very skeptical of their motives. But what does any of this have to do with the Israeli-Palestinian situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,811,377 times
Reputation: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
What countries is the USA conquering? Are you referring to Iraq or Afghanistan where in reality the USA just helped a change of regime and has only had some partial control over? As for the Muslim Brotherhood I am very skeptical of their motives. But what does any of this have to do with the Israeli-Palestinian situation?
It's all geopolitics to take control of their natural resources and establish bases for our next conquest.
We are currently moving on North Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan are aimed to control the oil rich middle east, now we go after Syria and the grand prize is Iran. We have bought Pakistans complicity, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emerites all stand to gain financially, so they are joined with us for the time being. Most of the jihadi's that we are supporting are Sunni. Sunni's fight the Shiites, we fund and support the Sunni's. Then we have created chaos. Problem, reaction, solution. Out of this chaos, we institute reforms to our benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
11,676 posts, read 8,261,950 times
Reputation: 5764
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
UN Human Rights Council submits their report.


Crimes against Humanity: Stealing Palestine’s Water Resources


Crimes against Humanity: Stealing Palestine’s Water Resources | Global Research

What if this was going on in Germany to the Jews, don't you think somebody should do something about it? What if Israel had to recognize Palestine as a sovereign nation? What if Israel is occupying and subjugating that nation? Would that be a reason for the Palestinians to revolt? What can the Palestinains do?
What if everything you've been told about the Palestinians was a lie, and that they are the victims, not Israel.
Utah is stealing Arizona's sediment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
 
7,371 posts, read 4,623,740 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
UN Human Rights Council submits their report.


Crimes against Humanity: Stealing Palestine’s Water Resources


Crimes against Humanity: Stealing Palestine’s Water Resources | Global Research

What if this was going on in Germany to the Jews, don't you think somebody should do something about it? What if Israel had to recognize Palestine as a sovereign nation? What if Israel is occupying and subjugating that nation? Would that be a reason for the Palestinians to revolt? What can the Palestinains do?
What if everything you've been told about the Palestinians was a lie, and that they are the victims, not Israel.
Well, I hate to interrupt your propaganda with some truth but Israel DID recognize Palestine as a sovereign nation. The UN initially established both Israel and a Palestinian state. The Arabs then attacked Israel as soon as the allied troops were withdrawn. It was not the other way around. It's an inconvenient fact that so far every single Palestinian supporter, without exception, that I have encountered ignores. All of them bash Israel for how horrible it is, and completely ignore that the Arab land is only "occupied territory" because THEY attacked Israel and lost. Israel was not the aggressor. They were given a country by the UN at the same time as Israel, refused to accept it and wanted it all, attacked Israel immediately and unprovoked, lost the war, and then cried victim. And that's not a lie, that's history. Look it up.

As to the article, the quote referred to the illegal Israeli settlements. It didn't say allegedly illegal or make any arguments as to them being illegal, it just threw that in there as if it were self evident fact. The article can therefore be disregarded as biased reporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,811,377 times
Reputation: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well, I hate to interrupt your propaganda with some truth but Israel DID recognize Palestine as a sovereign nation. The UN initially established both Israel and a Palestinian state. The Arabs then attacked Israel as soon as the allied troops were withdrawn. It was not the other way around. It's an inconvenient fact that so far every single Palestinian supporter, without exception, that I have encountered ignores. All of them bash Israel for how horrible it is, and completely ignore that the Arab land is only "occupied territory" because THEY attacked Israel and lost. Israel was not the aggressor. They were given a country by the UN at the same time as Israel, refused to accept it and wanted it all, attacked Israel immediately and unprovoked, lost the war, and then cried victim. And that's not a lie, that's history. Look it up.

As to the article, the quote referred to the illegal Israeli settlements. It didn't say allegedly illegal or make any arguments as to them being illegal, it just threw that in there as if it were self evident fact. The article can therefore be disregarded as biased reporting.
Then, according to you, they lost the war, Israel won, so it all belongs to Israel, and the Palestinians are invaders and prisoners of war. That would make the two state solution a charade.
I think it's a lot more complicated than that.
Regardless, that does not give Israel the right to keep these people from receiving an adequate supply of water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 AM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,345 posts, read 23,995,644 times
Reputation: 8853
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Then, according to you, they lost the war, Israel won, so it all belongs to Israel, and the Palestinians are invaders and prisoners of war. That would make the two state solution a charade.
I think it's a lot more complicated than that.
Regardless, that does not give Israel the right to keep these people from receiving an adequate supply of water.
The issue is the Palestinian leadership and not the Palestinian people. The leadership wont come to the bargaining table with setting preconditions.

The Pitfalls of Preconditions « Ottomans and Zionists

Gaza is pretty easy: There are no Israelis in Gaza, so just close its crossing with Israel and its over. Water is not an issue since it sits on the same aquifer in the south as Egypt and Israel does (google map southern gaza tip). Egypt area is green, Israel area is green, Gaza area is brown. The palestinian people in Gaza have no choice as Hamas lines its pockets with Black market money and build themselves palacial homes with fresh water pools. Yet put in no infrastructure. Even though Egypt states it supports them, it does not have an open border with them. Egypt blows up tunnels, puts back fence that Hamas bulldozes down and even though they built a very nice crossing point indoors its still has multiplte checkpoints but they are indoors out of sight of prying eyes. Egypt open border requires weeks of background checks before granting a short term entrance permit. So everything is not what it seems on that border.

The West Bank has Fatah which is a watered down version of the PLO. That leadership pays itself very well starting with Abbas who gives himself a $12 Million yearly salary. Most of their budget goes to payroll. Fatah also will not put into place conservation techniques to recycle water. They want Israel to pay for everything. If they truly want seperation from Israel then let Israel take the 6% they want, finish their separation wall and close its crossing point. Then they can deal with Jordan who also doesnt trust the Palestinian leadership.

Palestinians let Netanyahu off the 'peace hook' - Israel Today | Israel News

The two state solution is a charade. The Palestinian leadership wants one state to be 100% Arab and wants full access to the Israel state. So all in all its more complicated than most people think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:12 AM
 
Location: 77441
3,161 posts, read 3,818,161 times
Reputation: 2303
I think all you palestinian leg-humpers need to head over there and protest by sitting in front of Israel bulldozers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,771,098 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
The Jews stole the land why not the water?
This is a very unfair statement.
It's Israeli's and they are not necessarily Jewish.

I'm anti-Israel policies and practices, but I'm not anti-Jewish.
I don't expect you to understand the difference, but it is significant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,235 posts, read 13,983,115 times
Reputation: 6469
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Israel stealing water from Palestinians
.
please show what the country of palistine is


those supposed palistinians....are JORDANIAN occupyiers of the country of israel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM
 
361 posts, read 231,011 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is a very unfair statement.
It's Israeli's and they are not necessarily Jewish.

I'm anti-Israel policies and practices, but I'm not anti-Jewish.
I don't expect you to understand the difference, but it is significant.
I disagree. Israel is jewish and when talking about Israel you are talking about jews. What you really mean to say is that you have nothing against American Jews. Im not saying your anti- jewish in anyway but when talking about Israel you ARE talking about jews there is no avoiding that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top