Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This gay agenda attack is an attack on the entire nation. The laws which are being proposed would force the rest of the nation dance to their music. For example, religious institutions would be forced to keep people on their payrolls after they come out of the closet and marry their same sex partners. This attack against the bakery is only a small taste of the coming tsunami of law suits which will be unleashed by gays as soon as the bills pass.
Oh good grief.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I am free to associate with whomever "I" choose, regardless of what psychopathic, intolerant, STATIST laws YOU come up with. If I don't want to serve purple people, if I don't want to serve transgendered people, if I don't want to serve red headed step children, regardless of YOUR morality, I will exercise MY free will because it was given to me by GOD. You had no say in my receiving it. You'll have ZERO say in my exercising it.
And if you excercised your "God" given 'free will' by flying a plane into a skyscraper and killing thousands of innocent people because you believed it was what your "God" wanted?

This is the danger of religious zealotry....

Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
Many homosexuals have a history of same gender sexual abuse.
Any many straight people have a history of opposite gender sexual abuse. And many straight people have a history of child abuse, same and opposite sex. So whats your point and what has it got to do with the topic or thread?

Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
You really can't paint all liberals in one broad stroke of the brush. I consider myself "liberal" on social issues. But with that said, I feel that the couple would have been better off just leaving the bakery and going elsewhere.

There are hundreds of reasons people are judged and discriminated for. Too short, too big, wrong color skin, wrong neighborhood, wrong schooling, low income, high income, you name it. We will never as a society regulate all of those judgments. Sometimes you have to pick you battles, and move on. I seriously doubt this couple would have been any more worse the wear had they just gone elsewhere and let this man with his belief (although I don't agree personally) have his beliefs and if he loses business, that's on him.

We can't have government regulate every thought and judgment in every case. This was a cake, not an oxygen tank. Perspective.

Going elsewhere would be the reasonable thing to do.

They could have respected the baker's beliefs and taken their money to a bakery that supports same-sex marriage, but that is not what most liberals want.

They want to use the law to regulate thought.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

And if anything, all this fuss is hurting the cause of interracial marriage. Major changes like this can't be forced on the public at large quickly. In addition, there are many serious financial repercussions to allowing interracial marriages because it will force our governments and businesses to give full spousal benefits to interracial couples... and that is going to add up to big bucks that are going to hurt everyone in this weak economy. It's not just about feeling all warm and fuzzy inside to see interracial couples holding hands while walking down the street. Probably in the long run, spousal benefits will have to be lessened in order to make the same amount spread out evenly.
I've replaced the words 'gay' and 'lesbian' with 'interracial' - how does it read now?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I've replaced the words 'gay' and 'lesbian' with 'interracial' - how does it read now?

Disgusting !! How dare you even suggest such filth ? Immoral is what it is. Now go and wash your mouth out with soap and stop being so obtuse !

Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
where were they for the past 4000 years its do to modern society's idiocy that there are now more "gay" "people".

there are now actually more Jews against gays then there were 20 years ago because they understand that those like you are trying to destroy Judaism and all it adherents.
I think you are confusing yourself with the majority of Jews - who are sane rational people.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There would be no story had the women shown some class and simply gone to another bakery and had Lauren Bowman not filed the complaint. Now there's a story and Mr. Klein has every right to respond. It just frustrates some that he is not rolling over and he will openly and proudly defend himself.
No doubt there were people just like you who would have said to Rosa Parks - 'show some class', shut up and just sit in the back of the bus.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
No doubt there were people just like you who would have said to Rosa Parks - 'show some class', shut up and just sit in the back of the bus.
And quite right too. I mean ,you can't go around forcing people to co-exist with sub-humans and accepting them as equals ! Slippery slope and all that.

And the death of the individual freedoms to force right inking, normal people to afford Black people, "Homos" etc equal rights....and legislate to that effect. I mean what next ? The vote ? Brrrrrrrrrr. Shivers down my spine.

Really Jaymax you forget yourself, I know you are living in Sydney the epitome of moral decay and decadence but still.... You Aussies are just too much. Put a Shrimp on the Barbie, get a can or five of Fosters and stop stirring.

Don't you know that the rights of the individual no matter how bigotted , no matter how hateful and how deluded ALWAYS trump that of society at large. Because as History has taught us bigots relinquish their bigotry naturally without being coerced into it by Law and Government.

Who bloody cares if millions of Black people, "Homos", "The Irish", the fat, poor, disabled,ginger haired etc....are ostracised, refused service, medical treatment, the right to engage into society at large... My right as an individual is paramount. Nothing else counts at all. And if millions of bigots like myself mean that those immoral repugnant members of society are left at the bottom of the pile to rot then it is a price worth paying for MY rights. What is more important than ME ?

They can get their own businesses which cater exclusively to them and engage in their own little limited narrow world of perversion and un-naturalness. Or even move somewhere else, remote and suitable like Australia perhaps. Plenty of space there I hear.

As long as the bigot is happy and his rights to discriminate enshrined into their own personal constitution, all will be well with the world, puppies, kittens, and fluffy bunny rabbits will fall from the sky in soft bundles of cuteness keeping this precious uniform world of ours preserved and protected for the superior and "normal" people.

And the self righteous shall inherit the earth and keep on oppressing until the proverbial cows ( non black and white ones, mixed colours are bad) come home.

Let's go back to the good old days when we could treat others as we wished simply because it made us feel so comfortable, safe and fuzzy to do so. Anyone for Slavery, Marital Rape, Non Universal Suffrage, Apartheid, Segregation, the persecution of whoever rocks our own little understanding of the world ?!?!

I hear the year 1013 was a really enlighened one !

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 02-07-2013 at 05:31 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I am free to associate with whomever "I" choose, regardless of what psychopathic, intolerant, STATIST laws YOU come up with. If I don't want to serve purple people, if I don't want to serve transgendered people, if I don't want to serve red headed step children, regardless of YOUR morality, I will exercise MY free will because it was given to me by GOD. You had no say in my receiving it. You'll have ZERO say in my exercising it.
Who are you talking to, exactly? I don't think any politicians or judges are on this thread, so are you talking to Eastwood's invisible chair? Btw, as a redheaded step-child myself (seriously!), I take offense to your refusal to serve us.

Now try using your argument in a court of law, and see if they have any "say" in how your beliefs are expressed. Go ahead, I look forward to seeing how that goes for ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies