Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Then your entire premise is false. End of story.

Just for the sake of my entertainment though, I'll humor you.
so guess you would have no problem with this law
a person must have white skin to open a business (bleach is allowed)
the fact is you want to stop all Jewish Jews from having businesses and are thus in favor of

Nazi paiting in Jewish shop window a Star of David (2/3) - YouTube

Quote:
Again, false premise. No one is being banned from opening a business or being forced to "embrace" any ideology. Just curious, what does "embrace conservatism" entail?
Yes according to you I can't open a business because then I would be forced to violate my religion for the animlistic wedding of gay terrorists.

Quote:
Your internet tough guy act doesn't impress me.
You are not the first anti semetie to try and destroy Judaism, and unless mesiah comes you will not be the last.
Even in Auschwitz Jews followed Judaism you honestly expect us to cave in for homosexuals. will you take the first shot?
gay terrorists are bigger threat to this country then jihadists. because they will never win in their real goal in wiping out religious morals from the planet. Then they will get violent.

Quote:
LOL....such a drama queen.
you do know you Bolshevik ideological ancestors said the same thing to mine when they were trying to convince us to join their communist utopia. Guess what that ended with the murder of Jews, and I 100% expect you and your cohorts to follow suit, which is why I will fight you.

Quote:
Well first off, your problem is that I seriously doubt you could find 1 million business owners in the country...much less your area of jurisdiction... who would be willing to so blatantly discriminate against others, much less taking it to the levels you suggest.
the millions included workers and people who are in business that are irrelevant to the said legislations.

Quote:
Your second problem is that even if you COULD find those people to oppose it, that does nothing to stop the enforcement. We could just as easily execute wage garnishments, levies, and seizures against one million as we could against one.
If one million people refuse to follow a law it will almost never be enforced because no DA will want to lose their job. and if they do their would be violence and that would be then end of that. I repeat the government can't enforce a law that millions of people break as a united force with out murder.

I repeat the goverment can't enforce many of the laws that are currently on the books because to many people break them and they selectively enforce them. How much more so will they not be able to completely enforce laws that force people to violate their religions. The only way to get that is murder, which you can't bring yourself to condemn if that's the only way to force people to keep you anti semtic laws.

Quote:
One small problem there. MLK fought against discrimination, not for discrimination.
"gay rights" = government endorsed antisemitism.

Quote:
See above.
"gay rights" = Jim Crow against religious people

Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why am I not surprised that you can't understand these laws? News flash: Black people ARE prohibited from discriminating against white people (or any ethnic group) too. A "protected class" isn't a specific group of people, it's a category - like the category of race, which covers everyone who is human.

The rest of your post is so full of fail, it's not even worth addressing. As usual.
not always there are many times when laws addressing race only apply to so called minorities.
Things like mandated affirmative would be outlawed under based on a true interpretation of anti discrimination laws.

besides in practice things don't exactly work that way even when it's legally required to do so.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
so guess you would have no problem with this law
a person must have white skin to open a business (bleach is allowed)
the fact is you want to stop all Jewish Jews from having businesses and are thus in favor of

Nazi paiting in Jewish shop window a Star of David (2/3) - YouTube
Show me a standing law in your jurisdiction that says that a Jew (or any racial/ethnic group) shall not be allowed to open a business.

If you can't quote this law, your premise is false.

Quote:
Yes according to you I can't open a business because then I would be forced to violate my religion for the animlistic wedding of gay terrorists.
That's your choice. You can either play by the rules or stay out of the game, but either way you choose.

Quote:
You are not the first anti semetie to try and destroy Judaism, and unless mesiah comes you will not be the last.
Even in Auschwitz Jews followed Judaism you honestly expect us to cave in for homosexuals. will you take the first shot?
gay terrorists are bigger threat to this country then jihadists. because they will never win in their real goal in wiping out religious morals from the planet. Then they will get violent.
Personally speaking, I have no desire to destroy anyone.

Quote:
you do know you Bolshevik ideological ancestors said the same thing to mine when they were trying to convince us to join their communist utopia. Guess what that ended with the murder of Jews, and I 100% expect you and your cohorts to follow suit, which is why I will fight you.
You expect you and your fellow Jews to be killed by the millions? Doesn't sound like a very bright future to me.

Quote:
the millions included workers and people who are in business that are irrelevant to the said legislations.
Not sure what "irrelevant to such legislations (sic)" is supposed to mean, but the business owners are the ones we would go after. There might be instances where the individual worker could be held liable though, depending on the wording of the law.

We'll do what we have to do though.

Quote:
If one million people refuse to follow a law it will almost never be enforced because no DA will want to lose their job. and if they do their would be violence and that would be then end of that. I repeat the government can't enforce a law that millions of people break as a united force with out murder.

I repeat the goverment can't enforce many of the laws that are currently on the books because to many people break them and they selectively enforce them. How much more so will they not be able to completely enforce laws that force people to violate their religions. The only way to get that is murder, which you can't bring yourself to condemn if that's the only way to force people to keep you anti semtic laws.
These matters are not, generally speaking, a law enforcement/police issue. They are civil issues handled through the courts, so your examples are moot.

And I doubt there are many DA's out there who are worried about losing their job over going after bigots, especially in New York. Don't overestimate the power you have...which is basically none.

Quote:
"gay rights" = government endorsed antisemitism.

"gay rights" = Jim Crow against religious people
This is far too stupid to debate.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Show me a standing law in your jurisdiction that says that a Jew (or any racial/ethnic group) shall not be allowed to open a business.

If you can't quote this law, your premise is false.

That's your choice. You can either play by the rules or stay out of the game, but either way you choose.
any law that says that if I sell wedding cakes I have to sell a "wedding cake" for a same gender "wedding".
is saying also saying that no Jew who follows Judaism can ever sell wedding cakes. (which also would have major implications for the whole Jewish community due to keeping kosher )
You are thus saying if you want to open a business you can't follow Judaism.
but since you have no problem with that (you like being in the USSA)
I think I should get this law passed soon.
no person who has relations with a member of the same sex should be allowed to open up a business.
And you can't fight such against a law because then you be a hypocrite.

Quote:
Personally speaking, I have no desire to destroy anyone.
And asuming you did you would never admit it so why should I belive you when your own words say you want zero Jewish Jews in America. (not to mention Christianic Christians, Islamic Muslims etc.)

Quote:
You expect you and your fellow Jews to be killed by the millions? Doesn't sound like a very bright future to me.
did you ever look at are past people like you have been trying to get rid of us for more then 2000 years. and they practically never said it openly.

Quote:
Not sure what "irrelevant to such legislations (sic)" is supposed to mean, but the business owners are the ones we would go after. There might be instances where the individual worker could be held liable though, depending on the wording of the law.
I'll explain the reality to you, there are communities where around 95% of people are against this law and will refuse to obey it in mass. not every single one of them would be effected by it because they can work in industries where the said law is irrelevant or retired etc. But if the goverment tried to enforce such a law on the whole neighborhood the only way to actualy succeed would be by armed force. You would in effect have to order a pogrom(which officially were always for the benefit of society).
Quote:
We'll do what we have to do though.
so now that you understand that your enforcement of the law would mean a pogrom you are still willing to enforce it. how many Jews will you personally murder?

Quote:
These matters are not, generally speaking, a law enforcement/police issue. They are civil issues handled through the courts, so your examples are moot.
And I doubt there are many DA's out there who are worried about losing their job over going after bigots, especially in New York. Don't overestimate the power you have...which is basically none.
If in Brooklyn Charles Hynes went after every single (as opposed to a single store just to make an example) establishment that refused to make same gender "weddings" he would be out of a job by the next election. you obviously know nothing about Brooklyn, even some gay "marriage" supporters would vote against him for this reason.
PS. most people in Brooklyn are against same gender marriage. (it would only do well in the white non Jewish parts of Northern Brooklyn)

Quote:
This is far too stupid to debate.
only if you don't understand what "gay rights" mean or you hate Jews
I repeat this is what gay rights truly means

Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,801 times
Quote:
any law that says that if I sell wedding cakes I have to sell a "wedding cake" for a same gender "wedding".
is saying also saying that no Jew who follows Judaism can ever sell wedding cakes.
Can you sum up all your rambling into a couple sentences? I did not know that this had become a Jewish issue but do not have time to go through 71 pages to find out exactly where the tie-in lies.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Can you sum up all your rambling into a couple sentences? I did not know that this had become a Jewish issue but do not have time to go through 71 pages to find out exactly where the tie-in lies.
very simple Jewish law forbid selling a wedding cake for a "wedding" that violates Judaism.
thus if someone wants to force my bakery to sell wedding cake for "weddings" that violates Judaism the person in question is a anti semite.
If someone then says then don't open a bakery that sells wedding cakes, then I will point out that he doesn't want Jews to open stores and thus still a anti semite.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Quote:
very simple Jewish law forbid selling a wedding cake for a "wedding" that violates Judaism.
thus if someone wants to force my bakery to sell wedding cake for "weddings" that violates Judaism the person in question is a anti semite.
If someone then says then don't open a bakery that sells wedding cakes, then I will point out that he doesn't want Jews to open stores and thus still a anti semite.

Jewish Law < United States Constitution.

Religious law does not trump US law. If you want that, the great land of the Middle East and its bounty awaits you.

End of story. You hold your business out to the PUBLIC, you cannot discriminate and hide behind your cowardly religious dogma justifications for your prejudice and discrimination.

You want to make kosher Jewish-people-only-can-eat-my-cakes, you can do so as a PRIVATE individual, or as part of a PRIVATE club or religious organization.

The moment you hold yourself out to sell good and services to the PUBLIC, you have to follow certain rules whether you like it or not.

Got that, Rabbi Dickstein?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post

It ALWAYS goes back to being a Jewish issue.

Everything is anti-semitic, don't you know?

Every Abrahamic religion has at its core this bizarre persecution complex... a real AND imagined condition made ironic by the fact that all three have been both the persecutors and the persecuted throughout history.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
is saying also saying that no Jew who follows Judaism can ever sell wedding cakes. (which also would have major implications for the whole Jewish community due to keeping kosher )
You are thus saying if you want to open a business you can't follow Judaism.
but since you have no problem with that (you like being in the USSA)
Play by the rules or stay out of the game. Your choice.

Quote:
I think I should get this law passed soon.
no person who has relations with a member of the same sex should be allowed to open up a business.
And you can't fight such against a law because then you be a hypocrite.
Not at all. Your law actively discriminates. The comparison does not work.

Quote:
And asuming you did you would never admit it so why should I belive you when your own words say you want zero Jewish Jews in America. (not to mention Christianic Christians, Islamic Muslims etc.)
Oh believe me, I would say it. And I'm perfectly happy with any religious person or group operating in our country provided they follow our secular system of laws.

Quote:
I'll explain the reality to you, there are communities where around 95% of people are against this law and will refuse to obey it in mass. not every single one of them would be effected by it because they can work in industries where the said law is irrelevant or retired etc. But if the goverment tried to enforce such a law on the whole neighborhood the only way to actualy succeed would be by armed force. You would in effect have to order a pogrom(which officially were always for the benefit of society).

so now that you understand that your enforcement of the law would mean a pogrom you are still willing to enforce it. how many Jews will you personally murder?
Oh believe me, I'm perfectly fine with using force if it comes to that. You're clearly an uneducated dolt, but did you know that in almost all states, if someone wins a civil judgement against a business and that business refuses to pay, local law enforcement will seize property of the business to satisfy the judgement? Perfectly legal too. You plan on going to war with the NYPD? That won't turn out good for you.

Quote:
If in Brooklyn Charles Hynes went after every single (as opposed to a single store just to make an example) establishment that refused to make same gender "weddings" he would be out of a job by the next election. you obviously know nothing about Brooklyn, even some gay "marriage" supporters would vote against him for this reason.
PS. most people in Brooklyn are against same gender marriage. (it would only do well in the white non Jewish parts of Northern Brooklyn)
- An overwhelming majority of the Jewish community supports SSM.
- A quick wiki search shows that the Jewish community was very critical of Hynes for not going after child abuses cases in the ultra-Orthodox community with more vigor. I doubt they will turn their backs on him if he cracks down on that same community for discrimination.
- The governor can appoint a special prosecutor to handle these cases.
- Even if you were able to vote Hynes out in the next election, so what? He would have already accomplished his mission.

Quote:
only if you don't understand what "gay rights" mean or you hate Jews
I repeat this is what gay rights truly means
And I repeat that this is just as stupid as it was the first time you posted it.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You're the one who's proposing this exception to anti-discrimination laws based upon some sort of artistic, unique creation standard. What is your standard? How are you defining an artistic, unique creation within the context of a business open to the public? Does any wedding cake fall under that standard, or does it have to be somehow sufficiently artistic and unique. Can a Bar Mitzvah cake rise to that standard, or are all commissioned Bar Mitzvah cakes generic? What's your standard for non-cake businesses?

Right now we have a very clear standard: if you offer a commercial service to the public, you can't discriminate and deny that service based on the sex, race, religion, nationality, or sexuality (in places like Oregon at least) of the customer. I don't see any reason whatsoever to except the service of making wedding cakes and other things that YOU find sufficiently creative from that law.
My standard is that the creation is something that demands that a person imbue that creation with their own personal stamp. My standard requires that the creative product be unique and personal.

A Bar Mitzvah cake can meet the standard. A kitchen table can meet the standard. A fence can meet the standard. ANYTHING can meet the standard, when it demands the unique input of an artist. I've never seen a custom-ordered wedding cake that wasn't unique, that wasn't crafted by an artist. I have a brother who thinks it's ridiculous, that a wedding cake is just like every other cake, it's meant to be eaten. He'd never spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a wedding cake, because he doesn't see the craftsmanship and artistry involved. Some wedding cakes are generic. Some wedding cakes are nothing special. And others are. It depends on the baker. Some bakers are journeymen, and some bakers are artists.

An artist must be able to control his creative product. To compel an artist to create something on demand is the very opposite of freedom.

And you are misstating the 'very clear standard'. If you offer a public accommodation to the public, you can't discriminate and deny that service to various protected classes. Whenever we pass laws like this, we find that "public accommodation" is something that needs to be clearly defined, and it's exactly arguments like the one I've been making that lead to such phrases being refined.

When the courts found that parade organizers could not be required to include groups whose message did not reflect the message of the organizers, they were balancing one group's rights against another. And when we narrow the definition of "public accommodation", we do so to balance one individual's rights against another. The law is always looking for balance. I'm not defending the baker. I think he's a jerk. I support same-sex marriage 100%. 110%. But I can't compel other people to support same-sex marriage 100%. More than that, I don't want to. I don't want to compel other people to believe the things I do. I don't want to compel other people to behave the way I think they should. I celebrate individualism. If we all together make up a tapestry, I don't want the tapestry to be made up of identical threads. I want different colors, different textures, flawed yarns creating an interesting, unpredictable, but rich and beautiful design. And I want the government that passes laws on behalf of our society not to outlaw those flawed yarns, not to be pulling threads that don't meet the political preferences of the day. I want the cacophany of many voices to be heard and to resonate in our world, I don't want the voices to sound just like mine, to say only what I believe. I want the disagreements, just like the disagreement you and I have had. Because that's the glory of being a human being. That we are all different, and that we are, heart and soul, communicators, born to communicate those differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies