Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM

511 posts, read 491,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
at 9:11 PM
No...not if you don't live on the east coast.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Never watched one..... Any foot ball, base ball, basket ball of hockey for that matter..
yesterday i was out hiking in my mtns, packin heat of course

The trail was some icy, and so I had crampons on my boots.

Wife likes it too, and she took pics....
Wow! And to think DH & I hike together often AND watch football or baseball together. Sometimes, we even read a book together!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM

511 posts, read 491,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
A: Imagine the amount of people that show up to a single pre-season game, instead showing up to the steps of congress for less than 1/20th the price with just travel costs.
You win...you identified the one thing less interesting than a pre-season game.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Wow! And to think DH & I hike together often AND watch football or baseball together. Sometimes, we even read a book together!
We read.... I just got done reading NO Easy Day... I just don't do sports tv..... Rather go hunting, hiking, sailing canoeing, etc...... with my WIFE....

For tv we do National Geo, History(s) and science... bad huh?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
We read.... I just got done reading NO Easy Day... I just don't do sports tv..... Rather go hunting, hiking, sailing canoeing, etc...... with my WIFE....

So you don't "do" sports tv...fine. What was with the superior attitude of your Super Bowl day hike with your WIFE. (Not sure why that's in caps, but whatevs)

We don't have cable so we don't watch any of those channels. I watch Netflix and Amazon plus we rent videos (shows, docs, movies) from the library.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,159 times
Quote:
I'm with you on all that. I don't watch sports on TV except on the few occasions when I can watch ski racing or motocross once in a while. When I watch TV it is most likely a documentary or a movie but I do like to watch music videos. I've never watched a ball game on TV and I loved Superbowl day so I could have my favorite surf break to myself. I played football a little bit in school and found it very boring.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
"If someone is a criminal, they can be tried through the judicial system, and if they paid their dues and are back on the field, then I will treat them with the same respect as any other human being. The idea of judging someone based on uneducated stereotypes is nothing but disgusting."

Yes, another ignorant, angry, hate filled rant from you. You don't understand how the system works. See these worthless football players have money and positions of power. They can do whatever they like and walk away from it, with little, or no consequence.

My wife investigated a member of the SF 49'rs for having sex with his 14 yr old step daughter. 4 days later, 3 high priced attorneys from the NFL showed up. All of a sudden, the wife got a new 1.5 million dollar house and the 14 year old "changed her story." Mom refused to allow any further contact with the 14 yr old. Justice was served here right? No. Served because of a persons position on a football team and money allowed them subvert the criminal justice system.

"So morally bankrupt that they rant against a nationwide event that brings friends and family together to celebrate in a time of economic and political turmoil? I agree, you do seem somewhat morally bankrupt to me."

Yep. I wonder how many women in the SF Bay Area were beaten last night, because the "niners" lost? How about every other wonderful nationwide event which brings friends and families together? The riots? Breaking out of windows, destruction of property? Sounds pretty morally bankrupt too me. Continue to support said people.

"And you have an understanding of our current political process? Your posts on this form do nothing but put down and insult people who are in need. You are nothing but a bitter, angry person who lashes out at anyone who disagrees with you in a vain attempt to feel important by putting other people down. People like you who would rather feel good about yourself and your moral righteousness rather than rationally looking at the issues of the time are a major problem with our current process.

And if a person beats up animals, goes to jail, pays his dues and gets back in the game, good for him. That is the current criminal justice system at work. You seriously claim that other people don't understand the system while at the same time advocate punishing people who have paid their dues and have rejoined society? You don't seem to have a clue how the current system works."

I have a great understanding of the criminal justice system and how things work. You don't. You stick your head in the sand and believe in fluffy clouds and rainbows. I'm a realist and see life in this country as it is. I put down people who are NOT in need; I put down people who are cancer's on society and use the system to their benefit. You, on the other hand, have no clue what they are talking about and are too busy in some cubicle to see the truth of what occurs IN REAL LIFE.

Yes, I don't believe a convicted FELON who BEAT and injured helpless animals should be making millions of dollars. If it were YOU or ME who had done that, we would still be in federal prison. However, ONCE AGAIN, because of his status and money, he was granted and given certain privileges. Why? Because he can throw a football?

"Yet again your ignorance talking. Quote me on a single thread in this forum where I advocate for nationalized health care. Or are you nothing but an angry, ignorant person who doesn't actually know anything about the person you are talking to?

I have done nothing but advocate for cutting spending in social welfare programs, but unlike you, I actually care about other people and spend a lot of time and money personally helping others. And yes, I will absolutely pay $15 for a beer at a football game. It is called having fun. Try it once in a while."

It was general statement directed toward people like you talk this way. And you have no clue whom you are speaking too either. You can say I'm angry or ignorant, however you have never met me either. Therefore, you are doing the samething to me, you are saying about me? I base my opinions upon what you wrote too.

You advocate spending money so someone can throw a football around. I advocate spending the same money on TEACHERS, infrastructure, public safety, abortions, and yes, even social programs. I'd rather my tax dollars go to this, then have tax breaks to some professional sports team. Or some person who has little to no money, complaining they cannot afford day to day bills, yet have no problem spending that sort of money on a beer. Go out and have fun? Again, you have no clue what I do. You said later I travel, Hmmmmmmm, have fun? Spent 2 months in Europe, 3 weeks in China, 3 weeks in South America, etc Yet, I'd still rather have my tax dollar go productive things which will educate our populace; not dumb them down.

"So my donating tens of thousands of dollars personally to help those in need isn't working to help the country? What the hell do you do, other than rant on message boards?"

So you say. How many bullets have you taken in defense of this country? Both foreign and domestic? I save people's lives every single day. I help people get out of poverty, domestic violence, rape, murder and every other thing you can think of every day. I've been shot, thrown through windows, beaten, life threatened and I have done so for the past 24 yrs.

Most likily, the most difficult thing you face everyday is a paper cut, hiding out in your cubicle, donating money, thinking you are making a some sort of a difference.

"So you spend 100% of your time working and volunteering? you never read a book? Go fishing? sit around and talk with friends? Why the hell are you reading books when you could spend more time helping people in need. In other threads you have talked about vacations you have gone on, books you have read. What the hell are you doing sitting on your a** reading books and vacationing when you could be actually helping others? You should be ashamed of yourself! Unlike you who sits around reading all the time, some of us actually care about this country.

And a nationalized health care systems isn't the problem, instituting a promise of additional future taxation due to current debt increases as well as instituting a nationalized health care system at a time in which a central bank rate is at 0%, naked to controlling for inflation due to increased government spending is the problem, but you would have to actually be educated in economics or finance to understand that, which I doubt you are since you sit around doing nothing but angry judging people simply to feel self-righteous. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wake up, realize you aren't the reincarnate of jesus christ and realize that most people care about this country and are working to help it (just in ways you aren't educated enough to understand)"

Oh I spend the VAST majority of my time; more work does NOTHING but improve society and most of personal time, my free time that is, goes for the sometime.

In so far as Jesus Christ? Nope. Nothing near. I'm not NEAR perfect; I only wish I were. Yet, I still want money which is WASTED on professional sports, go to the betterment of society. In ways such as increased education for the children of our country.

AND until people such as YOU and others, change their mindset, it will not occur. You are helping in the dumbing down of America; as are others. FOOTBALL!!!! I'd rather have children yell: HISTORY. I'd rather have children be able to explain the causes of WWII, The Holocuast, Vietnam, who Dred Scott was, why was the Civil War fought? What is the meaning of 1776? Who is George Washington? Abraham Lincoln (many of friends kids fell asleep in the recent movie)?

I'd rather them know these things, then who the quarterback for the "Niner's" is. In a few years, no one will remember him anyway.

Oh one more thing, yes, I'd rather have them read Treasure Island then watch the Superbowl.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Lol, people complain about the stupidest things....

Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
It is more than just a game. The superbowl is an event itself. Many family and friends get together and feast and have a few drinks and a good time and watch the game and yes some do watch the commercials. I guess that offends some for one reason or other. Maybe nobody invited them and they feel left out?

Actually home games at many stadiums are the same thing. I don't know how many times family and friends of mine have joined together for a afternoon of tailgaiting for three hours or so and having a good time then go enjoy a NFL, college or even high school game. Why some feel the need to try and belittle folks for doing something they enjoy, a football game, and enjoying it with family and friends is beyond me. Must be a liberal.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
"If someone is a criminal, they can be tried through the judicial system, and if they paid their dues and are back on the field, then I will treat them with the same respect as any other human being. The idea of judging someone based on uneducated stereotypes is nothing but disgusting."

Yes, another ignorant, angry, hate filled rant from you. You don't understand how the system works. See these worthless football players have money and positions of power. They can do whatever they like and walk away from it, with little, or no consequence.

My wife investigated a member of the SF 49'rs for having sex with his 14 yr old step daughter. 4 days later, 3 high priced attorneys from the NFL showed up. All of a sudden, the wife got a new 1.5 million dollar house and the 14 year old "changed her story." Mom refused to allow any further contact with the 14 yr old. Justice was served here right? No. Served because of a persons position on a football team and money allowed them subvert the criminal justice system.

"So morally bankrupt that they rant against a nationwide event that brings friends and family together to celebrate in a time of economic and political turmoil? I agree, you do seem somewhat morally bankrupt to me."

Yep. I wonder how many women in the SF Bay Area were beaten last night, because the "niners" lost? How about every other wonderful nationwide event which brings friends and families together? The riots? Breaking out of windows, destruction of property? Sounds pretty morally bankrupt too me. Continue to support said people.

"And you have an understanding of our current political process? Your posts on this form do nothing but put down and insult people who are in need. You are nothing but a bitter, angry person who lashes out at anyone who disagrees with you in a vain attempt to feel important by putting other people down. People like you who would rather feel good about yourself and your moral righteousness rather than rationally looking at the issues of the time are a major problem with our current process.

And if a person beats up animals, goes to jail, pays his dues and gets back in the game, good for him. That is the current criminal justice system at work. You seriously claim that other people don't understand the system while at the same time advocate punishing people who have paid their dues and have rejoined society? You don't seem to have a clue how the current system works."

I have a great understanding of the criminal justice system and how things work. You don't. You stick your head in the sand and believe in fluffy clouds and rainbows. I'm a realist and see life in this country as it is. I put down people who are NOT in need; I put down people who are cancer's on society and use the system to their benefit. You, on the other hand, have no clue what they are talking about and are too busy in some cubicle to see the truth of what occurs IN REAL LIFE.

Yes, I don't believe a convicted FELON who BEAT and injured helpless animals should be making millions of dollars. If it were YOU or ME who had done that, we would still be in federal prison. However, ONCE AGAIN, because of his status and money, he was granted and given certain privileges. Why? Because he can throw a football?

"Yet again your ignorance talking. Quote me on a single thread in this forum where I advocate for nationalized health care. Or are you nothing but an angry, ignorant person who doesn't actually know anything about the person you are talking to?

I have done nothing but advocate for cutting spending in social welfare programs, but unlike you, I actually care about other people and spend a lot of time and money personally helping others. And yes, I will absolutely pay $15 for a beer at a football game. It is called having fun. Try it once in a while."

It was general statement directed toward people like you talk this way. And you have no clue whom you are speaking too either. You can say I'm angry or ignorant, however you have never met me either. Therefore, you are doing the samething to me, you are saying about me? I base my opinions upon what you wrote too.

You advocate spending money so someone can throw a football around. I advocate spending the same money on TEACHERS, infrastructure, public safety, abortions, and yes, even social programs. I'd rather my tax dollars go to this, then have tax breaks to some professional sports team. Or some person who has little to no money, complaining they cannot afford day to day bills, yet have no problem spending that sort of money on a beer. Go out and have fun? Again, you have no clue what I do. You said later I travel, Hmmmmmmm, have fun? Spent 2 months in Europe, 3 weeks in China, 3 weeks in South America, etc Yet, I'd still rather have my tax dollar go productive things which will educate our populace; not dumb them down.

"So my donating tens of thousands of dollars personally to help those in need isn't working to help the country? What the hell do you do, other than rant on message boards?"

So you say. How many bullets have you taken in defense of this country? Both foreign and domestic? I save people's lives every single day. I help people get out of poverty, domestic violence, rape, murder and every other thing you can think of every day. I've been shot, thrown through windows, beaten, life threatened and I have done so for the past 24 yrs.

Most likily, the most difficult thing you face everyday is a paper cut, hiding out in your cubicle, donating money, thinking you are making a some sort of a difference.

"So you spend 100% of your time working and volunteering? you never read a book? Go fishing? sit around and talk with friends? Why the hell are you reading books when you could spend more time helping people in need. In other threads you have talked about vacations you have gone on, books you have read. What the hell are you doing sitting on your a** reading books and vacationing when you could be actually helping others? You should be ashamed of yourself! Unlike you who sits around reading all the time, some of us actually care about this country.

And a nationalized health care systems isn't the problem, instituting a promise of additional future taxation due to current debt increases as well as instituting a nationalized health care system at a time in which a central bank rate is at 0%, naked to controlling for inflation due to increased government spending is the problem, but you would have to actually be educated in economics or finance to understand that, which I doubt you are since you sit around doing nothing but angry judging people simply to feel self-righteous. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wake up, realize you aren't the reincarnate of jesus christ and realize that most people care about this country and are working to help it (just in ways you aren't educated enough to understand)"

Oh I spend the VAST majority of my time; more work does NOTHING but improve society and most of personal time, my free time that is, goes for the sometime.

In so far as Jesus Christ? Nope. Nothing near. I'm not NEAR perfect; I only wish I were. Yet, I still want money which is WASTED on professional sports, go to the betterment of society. In ways such as increased education for the children of our country.

AND until people such as YOU and others, change their mindset, it will not occur. You are helping in the dumbing down of America; as are others. FOOTBALL!!!! I'd rather have children yell: HISTORY. I'd rather have children be able to explain the causes of WWII, The Holocuast, Vietnam, who Dred Scott was, why was the Civil War fought? What is the meaning of 1776? Who is George Washington? Abraham Lincoln (many of friends kids fell asleep in the recent movie)?

I'd rather them know these things, then who the quarterback for the "Niner's" is. In a few years, no one will remember him anyway.

Oh one more thing, yes, I'd rather have them read Treasure Island then watch the Superbowl.
You seriously need to realize that most people are looking to better society. You seem to think you are some saint who is better than everyone else, which is far from the case. Human nature dictates that the #1 desire in everyone's lives is the desire to feel important (you would know that if you actually worked to educate yourself), and you feel important because you think you are the only good person in a terrible world, which is far from the case. If you really need to have such a hate filled attitude just to feel like you are important, go right ahead, but please try to understand that most people are working to better society.

With all due respect, I couldn't care less about history. I personally work 75-90 hours per week to grow investments that help retirements portfolios (for people like you) so that you can actually enjoy your time and not worry about where that next pension check will come from. Maybe instead of stroking your ego by posting such ignorant, self serving posts like this you could try to realize that people much smarter than yourself are working very hard to provide a very comfortable life for people like you so that you have the time, comfort, and freedom to post inflammatory, ignorant things as you do on a daily basis.

As I said before, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies