Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM

10 posts, read 4,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenured View Post
No one wants to ban GTA IV. Read the thread. This is a response thread. It was pointed out in the second post!
What a thin veil. There is nothing better to do than ban whatnot in a culture obsessed with safety. Safety is the only priority in a nation made obsessed with child endangerment to the point they must be locked up and given excessive reasons to stay so by those who make gaming consoles.

Just how productive should dollar-slaves be? There are many people unemployed justifiably looking to whittle some files into presentable makework incomes. Hire them and give special time to those who want to go snipe after virtual Serbian immigrants. Everyone is happy!

#Anything for a dollar I guess, America's hashtag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You got trolled.
This whole thread is trolldom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,303,940 times
Microsoft needs to cut the price of the Xbox 360. Sony needs to get out of the home console business and leave it to Nintendo and Microsoft who know what their doing here. GTA is a great series but they should be putting their games on Nintendo consoles.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,062,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Who are you, and how are you so divorced from reality. Violent crime rates have been going down since the 90s (just as violence video games such as MK came out). The rate is down (even with crazy Holmes/Lanza) two people can't stop a tidal wave of crime declines.

Nor does it seem to tie with the fact that our popular media is shared throughout the world. . .without an impact.

What a hypocrite

You are 100% productive? Never read a book (Bible is as violent as them come), watch a TV show. You sit and wish for Ma and Pa Kettle and can't believe the Walking Dead is popular?

You stay with Pixar, afraid to watch any R rated movie?

I feel sorry for you, your wife, and your kids. Must be the most boring life out there.

I'm 37, I own GTA IV. Will buy GTA V no doubt (good games). Right now playing Xcom UFO defense when I have a minute. Of course I work all day, and put the kids to sleep. I'm making a choice between TV or a game ..

and you know what, I think games are better for you than TV

(my books are all read at the gym, they are violent too. . .but of course we are a violet species).
Did you just wake up?

Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
No trolling.... Video games are a serious draw on productivity. I visit college campuses all the time. There are people who play video games for 10 hours/day.

This is such corporate greed. People are such sheep and paying corporations for these violent video games in order to waste their own time.
When I was in college I had more than a few friends that would spend 10 hours a day stoned.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,477,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When I was in college I had more than a few friends that would spend 10 hours a day stoned.
What were they doing for the other two hours they were awake though?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,041,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Great to hear. The Grand Theft Auto series is simply a work of genius, and is the only video game worth playing in the past 20 years, and is the ONLY reason to own a PS3 or an Xbox.

I can't wait until Grand Theft Auto V!

Grand Theft Auto V: Official Trailer #2 - YouTube
Straight up!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM

Why are liberals always blaming violence on video games? People can be productive and enjoy GTA at the same time. The GTA franchise has been the best on the market over the last 10 years.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Why are liberals always blaming violence on video games? People can be productive and enjoy GTA at the same time. The GTA franchise has been the best on the market over the last 10 years.
How come people like you have to turn this into a liberal vs. conservative thread?

In what metric has the GTA franchise been the best on the market over the last 10 years? Certainly not sales.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
How come people like you have to turn this into a liberal vs. conservative thread?

In what metric has the GTA franchise been the best on the market over the last 10 years? Certainly not sales.
Because it seems like liberals blame failures, violence, and laziness on video games. And most people understandably have been addicted to the franchise since GTA III.

Join the club.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Because it seems like liberals blame failures, violence, and laziness on video games. And most people understandably have been addicted to the franchise since GTA III.

Join the club.
Based on that response it really appears that you didn't read the thread or your reading comprehension is not up to par. Clearly, you're taking this in the wrong direction.

I've played my share of GTA and I started when the original came out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies