U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM

14,298 posts, read 8,114,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats seem to have no serious regard for spending, debts, and deficits.

I defy one single liberal on this forum to provide evidence otherwise.
Haven't you seen what tops Obama's agenda? Gun control, gay marriage, climate change, immigration.... and we will worry about the economy next year, or maybe the next...or..... "what does it matter?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 03:34 PM

36,949 posts, read 16,117,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The CBA is unconstitutional, since the constitution explicitly states that all spending bills MUST start in the House of Representatives. No president has ever bothered to challenge the CBA in court, and no enforcement action has ever been taken against a president who didn't submit a budget "on time".
I assume that is your opinion since you didn'r provide the case data where it has been ruled by the courts to support it.

The CBA state that the president MUST submit a budget. It says nothing about what a Congress has to do with it.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,962,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Context is key. At what deficit level was he speaking? If i'm not mistaken, the question was being asked when the U.S. was running a mere $300 BILLION deficit. That's a far cry from $1.4 TRILLION.

Personally, I believe that Cheney's words have been vastly over-used by the left. Indeed, running a $200 monthly household budget deficit is far different than a $20,000 monthly household budget deficit, right? But you wouldn't continue to run that $20,000 deficit unabated even though your opinion of a $200 deficit was "OK," would you??

Most people would have a change of heart. But no, not liberals. They see deficits as in no way problematic. And that's why Barack Obama submits a budget that not even Democrats can support and Harry Reid refuses to submit a budget at all.
Its been a while since the annual deficit hit 1.4 TRILLION and the latest CBO projections are predicting that it will continue to decline over the next couple of years.

So we are not continuing to run deficits at the 1.4 trillion mark unabated.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM

23,304 posts, read 11,547,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Its hypocritical for Republicans to attack president Obama for doing the exact same thing Republican presidents did which they had no problem with"

Please keep this and post it EVER TIME the dems make a complaint about the repubs.

"It is not a law that the president submit budgets. It is a congressional rule"

"The Congressional Budget Act of 1974 requires that the President of the United States submit to Congress, on or before the first Monday in February of each year, a detailed budget request for the coming federal fiscal year, which begins on October 1. Prepared by the president and the president's Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the president's annual budget request performs three key functions in the annual federal budget process:"

About the President's Annual Budget Request

WOW. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I guess we don't have to obey the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" because it is only a rule. Whew!

Legislation, many time it is called an "Act" and is LAW, NOT a rule.
calm down, this is what i read

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/34649.pdf

Quote:
The Budget Cycle. The President is required to submit to Congress a proposed
budget by the first Monday in February. Although this budget does not have the force of
law
, it is a comprehensive examination of federal revenues and spending, including any
initiatives recommended by the President, and is the start of extensive interaction with
Congress.
i guess i interpreted that as to mean the act of sending it was not law.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 AM

36,949 posts, read 16,117,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
calm down, this is what i read

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/34649.pdf

i guess i interpreted that as to mean the act of sending it was not law.
I am calm. I just get tired of people making statements of fact WITHOUT doing any research.

While I DO appreciate your research, please in the future pay a little more attention.

Further reading from tyour site says in the first opening statement, "The Budget and Accounting Act of 1921, as codified in Title 31 of the United States
Code, established the statutory basis for an executive budget process by requiring the
President to submit to Congress annually a proposed budget for the federal government
."

Please don't take this as condescending.I am just offering some constructive criticism.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM

35,281 posts, read 19,307,980 times
Lightbulb Obama missed Federal deadline for submitting budget - for the fourth time in five years

Wow...

Four out of five years.

And the sky still hasn't fallen.

The economy continues to recover.

Maybe this federal budget business isn't all the media builds it up to be.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,840,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Wow...

Four out of five years.

And the sky still hasn't fallen.

The economy continues to recover.

Maybe this federal budget business isn't all the media builds it up to be.
Maybe we shoudl spend 3 trillion dollars more a year then we take in

Last edited by wjtwet; 02-08-2013 at 08:59 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM

35,281 posts, read 19,307,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Maybe we shoudl spend 3 trillion dollars more a year then we take in
You mean, as in Bush borrowing from China to pay for his war in Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or