Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Didn't Cheney say Reagan proved deficits don't matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Context is key. At what deficit level was he speaking? If i'm not mistaken, the question was being asked when the U.S. was running a mere $300 BILLION deficit. That's a far cry from $1.4 TRILLION.

Personally, I believe that Cheney's words have been vastly over-used by the left.
What did you expect?

As far as Liberals are concerned, there's no such thing as a National Debt....everything is free.

Cheney never said, "Deficits don't matter when your National Debt greater than your GDP."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Bush doubled the national debt. Reagan tripled the national debt.
What, so The Boy Kingâ„¢ has a license to triple the National Debt to $30 TRILLION?

Terrific. Why don't you just hand out Gillette Silver Blues and you can all take turns slitting each other's throats.

Contextually...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
It's more about Obama getting a constant PASS b/c liberals resort to "well, so-and-so, in a different time/era/economy/congress did the same thing!". Without ever taking the different time/era/economy/congress in to consideration. Just a flat out "well, he jumped off the bridge, so Obama can too!" type of garbage.
Yet it is okay for Cons to give Bush a PASS when he didn't submit a budget on time? A bit of a double standard if I don't say so myself. Honestly though, I could care less if Obama or Bush ever submitted a budget on time because it isn't the president's job to create and pass a budget, all the president can do is suggest what the budget should look like and basically lobby for his plan.

If the Cons in Congress really cared about the budget, they would of already passed one.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It not changing the subject, we are simply stating that Your side has done the exact same things you are attacking democrats for.
Which Republican President failed to submit 4 out of 5 budgets on time?

(yawn)

Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So Presidents live in a bubble and we are never allowed to compare presidents to each other, especially when it is things like not submitting a budget.
I believe the quote you provided stated that Bush's budget was not PASSED by the deadline. That doesn't mean it wasn't SUBMITTED by the deadline.

Obama isn't even bothering to SUBMIT a budget.

How 'bout you try that - don't send your tax return in for four years and see where that gets you.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I believe the quote you provided stated that Bush's budget was not PASSED by the deadline. That doesn't mean it wasn't SUBMITTED by the deadline.

Obama isn't even bothering to SUBMIT a budget.

How 'bout you try that - don't send your tax return in for four years and see where that gets you.
It still doesn't matter, it is Congress who puts together and passes a budget, all the president can do is submit a suggestion. You guys are freaking out that he didn't submit a suggestion in them like it would of matter if he did. It would of just sat around for months until Congress started to deal with it...which they would of just kicked the can down the road anyway.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States...."
The only ones who hear this ARE THE SHEEP IN HIS CONTROL... The rest of us know its all BS as thats all he is about!!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
No he wants things to crash SO HE CAN THEN BRING IN THE NWO!!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
A little late to the talking points party today, Roy.
Duplicate thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ng-budget.html

Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,552,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It not changing the subject, we are simply stating that Your side has done the exact same things you are attacking democrats for.
Which caused you to attack the republicans for doing, but it is perfectly okay for your democrats.

Very hypocritical.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States...."

Well, that didn't last long.

But I guess nobody is surprised any more. Hey, it's only a Federal law. No big deal.

To quote Hillary, "What difference at this point does it make?"

----------------------------------------------

Obama misses budget deadline - Washington Times

Obama misses budget deadline

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times
February 4, 2013, 12:01AM

Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time.

That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office.

White House press secretary Jay Carney defended the administration, telling reporters traveling with the president to Minnesota for a speech about gun control Monday to focus on "substance over deadlines."

Mr. Carney declined to say when Mr. Obama will present a budget.
The House was told over a month ago, their inaction on Fiscal Cliff til Jan 6 would delay the Budget plan. I don't think the WH is too concerned about Boehner's phony outrage on missing deadline to ignore the Budget request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies