U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
 
1,400 posts, read 1,745,195 times
Reputation: 512

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh yeah? And I'm still trying to figure out the speed at which a gun owner can pull his gun out of his holster when someone is already holding a gun to his temple. Any stats on that?

Fast Glock Shooting - YouTube

World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Uh oh





Above the Law aka Nico (1988) - YouTube

 
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
 
32,396 posts, read 16,598,875 times
Reputation: 17428
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How about provide a link to the real add.....instead of a screen shot or something that can be photo shopped.....

Waiting....
"Ammoland" good enough for you?

Proof of Your Manhood

Even Bushmaster were smart enough to scrub the ad after Sandy Hook.
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
 
1,400 posts, read 1,745,195 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Ammoland" good enough for you?

Proof of Your Manhood

Even Bushmaster were smart enough to scrub the ad after Sandy Hook.
Considering who gets issued M-16s/AR-15s...they are right. You can find one sitting in a rifle rack in a cruiser even in LA.

My goodness, you of all people should know how the North Holloywood Shootout turned out. Borrowed rifles saved their asses. Borrow somebody elses next time............
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 5,536,388 times
Reputation: 2838
Wow. You must be Spiderman or something. Superhuman speeds with a gun at your temple and all, eh?
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM
 
19,025 posts, read 22,217,105 times
Reputation: 7326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh yeah? And I'm still trying to figure out the speed at which a gun owner can pull his gun out of his holster when someone is already holding a gun to his temple. Any stats on that?
That one would be tuff to beat...... Also a situational awareness failure......

And so this is one good reason I carry..... No sooner to the hairs on my neck stand up because maybe the dog is growling in a low tone, or maybe i just don't like the looks of some idiot with his pants down around his knees, and I might just click the tab on my holster loose.

If i am home I will check the shells in my shot gun and lean it by the door, of hold it....

Yeah yeah yeah I know you would prefer to die, but not me. I prefer my 50-50 chance...
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM
 
1,400 posts, read 1,745,195 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Wow. You must be Spiderman or something. Superhuman speeds with a gun at your temple and all, eh?
Point blank? Knock the semi out of battery with your head....or your palm of your hand. It won't fire.

Revolver? Grab the cylinder or jam your web of your hand in between the frame and hammer. It won't fire.



Basic 101 newbie........
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
651 posts, read 522,558 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why do you consider the police gun nuts?

I don't. In fact, most police forces at least in big cities are in favor of gun control measures.
Hey, I'm just using your words.

And, regarding your second point...they aren't. Sure, the administrators are, but police administrators are politicians. And before you try to tell me I'm wrong or I don't know what I'm talking about, I spent time on the job in a big city. The line officers, roughly 95% of them, were against most of the forms of gun control being bandied about since Sandy Hook. I'd say a percentage as high as 35-40 are in support of so-called Constitutional Carry, that being the permitless carry of concealed firearms.
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM
 
1,400 posts, read 1,745,195 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That one would be tuff to beat...... Also a situational awareness failure......

And so this is one good reason I carry..... No sooner to the hairs on my neck stand up because maybe the dog is growling in a low tone, or maybe i just don't like the looks of some idiot with his pants down around his knees, and I might just click the tab on my holster loose.

If i am home I will check the shells in my shot gun and lean it by the door, of hold it....

Yeah yeah yeah I know you would prefer to die, but not me. I prefer my 50-50 chance...
Take the palm of your hand and push back on the front of the slide. Most semis, it only has to move 1/8" - 1/4" of an inch, then it won't fire. It's a safety device to prevent firing out of battery. The revolver cylinder grab and or web of your hand jammed in between the frame and hammer are old school. Can be traced back to decades ago and Police training when everyone carried a S&W Model 10 or 66.

Keep it filed in your head and in your grab bag. It could save your life.
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
651 posts, read 522,558 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
We're not calling the guys with guns just because they have guns. You don't just walk into a police station and say, "i want to be a cop", get handed a gun and a pat on the back. Police Officers are (supposed to be) professionals. Most of their job does not involve pulling a gun.
Most police are professionals. What's your point? You call the cops because there is a problem you can't solve yourself (whether or not most average people could solve these problems is not relevant, nor the topic of this conversation). The solving of this problem may involve using force, of which police have a couple of options. Deadly force, which is obviously the top of the heap, is what the cops bring to the table. Sure, there's arrest, too, but believe me, it doesn't deter many. You people call on cops to protect you from those who may need shooting, because they can't behave civilly in society. When I was a police officer, I PROUDLY wore that badge, taking that responsibility for those who couldn't or wouldn't bear it themselves. I hold nothing against someone who decides they cannot do that job, and would rather rely on professionals.

What I do take issue with (and in a big f'ing way) is when those same people seek to deny others the tools to responsibly protect themselves. Moreover, I have a serious problem with punishing everyone to the extent of depriving them of rights, because of misbehavior by a select few scumbags.
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
651 posts, read 522,558 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Take the palm of your hand and push back on the front of the slide. Most semis, it only has to move 1/8" - 1/4" of an inch, then it won't fire. It's a safety device to prevent firing out of battery. The revolver cylinder grab and or web of your hand jammed in between the frame and hammer are old school. Can be traced back to decades ago and Police training when everyone carried a S&W Model 10 or 66.

Keep it filed in your head and in your grab bag. It could save your life.
Come on now, obviously that is just Hollywood movie garbage. It would never work in real life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top