U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM

4,912 posts, read 2,889,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I've seen quite a few people link guns to masculinity and bravery. Are they correlated?

This isin't about gun rights, I support the 2nd amendment and don't support Feinstein's proposal to ban "assault weapons" Keep all your guns and high capacity magazines, buy 100 more if you can afford it.

Bill Maher Subject Cojones American Males Lack Thereof - YouTube
Buy 100 more? Why in God's name would you need 1001 guns?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM

34,364 posts, read 18,635,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
And how will you get to the gun in your purse? Do you keep your hand in there 24/7, ready to shoot as you're shopping, as you're walking around, in your home, at night? Nobody can come at you from behind? You've got as many eyes as a fly does? Guns do not guarantee that you will have the gun in your hand, that you will not be overpowered, that you will not be caught off guard, that you will not be held up, that you will not be taken by brute force, or that the gun will jump out at you, place itself in your hand, aim by itself, and shoot before the perp can get you from behind and hold a gun to your head.

It's lunacy to imagine that guns do all that, when all they are is a tool for killing, as good or as bad as the situation lends itself to.

Also, life isn't a movie in which the gun hero situation is just perfectly written to suit the gun hero, so that he is able to have perfect and ideal access to his gun, aim perfectly, and hit a target perfectly with 0 nerves, with no worries, with robot-like perfection.
Well, most women carry their money in thier purse, right...hand in purse to get money woops....grabbed the gun first....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's right, all robberies and rapes start off with the bad guys gun already at the head of the victum.....dang forgot about that reality.....

BTW, your scenerios are ignorant....

Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM

6,334 posts, read 4,436,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, most women carry their money in thier purse, right...hand in purse to get money woops....grabbed the gun first....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's right, all robberies and rapes start off with the bad guys gun already at the head of the victum.....dang forgot about that reality.....
If someone can't hit an intruder with 10 shots in their own home, what makes you think they will act differently in this situation?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:56 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I've been active on a few firearm forums lately to get an inside view of the gun nutters and their views on the issues. Many, if not most are delusional, paranoid freaks that need an arsenal of weapons to feel like tough guys.

Just keep in mind, visiting a firearm forum shouldn't make you consider yourself an expert on firearm owners. An expert on delusional, paranoid freaks maybe, but not gun owners in general.

I may or may not own several firearms, and I've never once contributed or been a member of any firearm forum.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
If someone can't hit an intruder with 10 shots in their own home, what makes you think they will act differently in this situation?
That's not what this is about, it's about having a chance, period. Just becuase you gun haters continue to talk between each other that everyone who owns a gun is weak and scared, no matter how many times you say it, it's not true.....

Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
And how will you get to the gun in your purse? Do you keep your hand in there 24/7, ready to shoot as you're shopping, as you're walking around, in your home, at night? Nobody can come at you from behind? You've got as many eyes as a fly does? Guns do not guarantee that you will have the gun in your hand, that you will not be overpowered, that you will not be caught off guard, that you will not be held up, that you will not be taken by brute force, or that the gun will jump out at you, place itself in your hand, aim by itself, and shoot before the perp can get you from behind and hold a gun to your head.

It's lunacy to imagine that guns do all that, when all they are is a tool for killing, as good or as bad as the situation lends itself to.

Also, life isn't a movie in which the gun hero situation is just perfectly written to suit the gun hero, so that he is able to have perfect and ideal access to his gun, aim perfectly, and hit a target perfectly with 0 nerves, with no worries, with robot-like perfection.

So, do you propose that every gun owner get rid of the gun, and get a white flag and be ready to wave it when trouble comes? You paint such a dim picture, when faced with evil, best to just give up immediately?

Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
That's not what this is about, it's about having a chance, period. Just becuase you gun haters continue to talk between each other that everyone who owns a gun is weak and scared, no matter how many times you say it, it's not true.....
When did I say that? The thread I created asks the complete opposite.

You should re-read the title.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
When did I say that? The thread I created asks the complete opposite.

You should re-read the title.
Just read the gun threads.....here on CD.....many anti gun people have said that....

Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Just read the gun threads.....here on CD.....many anti gun people have said that....
You directed that comment at me. When have I made that comment? What makes me anti-gun???

Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
You directed that comment at me. When have I made that comment? What makes me anti-gun???
In a generalized way, I did not say YOU, I sad you anti gun people.

Have you read some of your postings? I would say you are a very clear anti gun person. Unless all your comments have been in jest....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies