U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM

6,334 posts, read 4,428,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
In a generalized way, I did not say YOU, I sad you anti gun people.

Have you read some of your postings? I would say you are a very clear anti gun person. Unless all your comments have been in jest....
Not owning a gun makes me anti-gun? I support conceal and carry, I oppose banning assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

That is anti-gun to you??

Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,541,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
So, do you propose that every gun owner get rid of the gun, and get a white flag and be ready to wave it when trouble comes? You paint such a dim picture, when faced with evil, best to just give up immediately?
I'm against gun ownership because it has created a gun culture and gun crimes out the wazoo here, and the difference I noticed when I lived in other advanced nations that don't have a gun culture, which is why I'm set against gun ownership.

However, regarding the discussion concerning whether or not gun deters, prevents, or INTERRUPTS crime, is going around in circles, because I keep asking how guns deter, prevent or INTERRUPT crime, and apparently guns do not do that at all. And yet, gun proponents keep assuring everyone that guns deter, prevent, and interrupt crime. If it does, they have no proof of it, except some videos of Steven Seagal movies.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:59 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,202,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I'm against gun ownership because it has created a gun culture and gun crimes out the wazoo here, and the difference I noticed when I live in other advanced nations that don't have a gun culture, which is why I'm set against gun ownership.
Do you support the confiscation of guns owned by private individuals?

Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 PM

34,272 posts, read 18,570,773 times
Quote:
I'm against gun ownership because it has created a gun culture and gun crimes out the wazoo here, and the difference I noticed when I lived in other advanced nations that don't have a gun culture, which is why I'm set against gun ownership.

However, regarding the discussion concerning whether or not gun deters, prevents, or INTERRUPTS crime, is going around in circles, because I keep asking how guns deter, prevent or INTERRUPT crime, and apparently guns do not do that at all. And yet, gun proponents keep assuring everyone that guns deter, prevent, and interrupt crime. If it does, they have no proof of it, except some videos of Steven Seagal movies.
I must be on ignore, could some please cut and paste these link into their own post so this person can see that guns have stopped crimes and interuppeted crimes.

Media ignores stories where legal gun stops crime | Western Free Press

8 Horrible Crimes Stopped by Legal Gun Owners - NakedLaw by Avvo.com (8 stories in here)

Guns and Self Defense | Cato Institute

These are just a few criminals that were stopped WITH guns.....

It's not hard to see, well for some it is.....or they just dont want to acknowledge that guns have stopped crimes.....

Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM

510 posts, read 769,542 times
Funny how that is always the charge from the anti groups....
If you: have a gun, drive a truck or sportscar or motorcycle, cut down trees, hunt, fish, own a large dog, play sports, eat meat, lift weights, like women, ever been in the military, have a boat, don't watch Brokeback Mountain and the Notebook.....you are unmanly, closet gay, scardey cat, compensating for something....

Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Do you support the confiscation of guns owned by private individuals?
I just don't want the gun mania which has led to so much gun death and gun injury.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM

6,334 posts, read 4,428,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest338 View Post
If you: have a gun, drive a truck or sportscar or motorcycle, cut down trees, hunt, fish, own a large dog, play sports, eat meat, lift weights, like women, ever been in the military, have a boat, don't watch Brokeback Mountain and the Notebook.....you are unmanly, closet gay, scardey cat, compensating for something....
Nothing wrong with any of those activities, but none of them make you tough or brave.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM

5,232 posts, read 3,754,313 times
Quote:
However, regarding the discussion concerning whether or not gun deters, prevents, or INTERRUPTS crime
Look up ^^^^^^. Yes.......Up there.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

If you look at the little blue letters after the words Politics and Other Controversies, you will see the title of this thread.

The title of this thread is: Are gun owners really tougher, braver, and more masculine than non-gun owners?

The title is not: How to beat your gun hating and gun banning agenda to death with mindless never-ending drivel that people are sick of reading

You need to keep up. Now go play in the right thread. Run along.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,202,654 times
Quote:
I just don't want the gun mania which has led to so much gun death and gun injury.
That did not answer my question.

Again, do YOU favor confiscation of firearms from private individuals? A yes or no will suffice.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest338 View Post
Actually, it's the opposite. And you can't deny that there's an excessively caricaturish masculine image for men to live up to in the U.S.? The moment a man is not driving a truck with giant wheels, doesn't have B.O., isn't carrying a gun or boasting about guns, or farting, or burping, or telling stupid sex jokes about women's bodies, or not drinking beer as if he has no liver, isn't watching football like his very survival depends on it, and not acting like an out-of-control old 5-year old, you can bet there will be guys saying the guy gay, wimpy, etc.

Meanwhile, I think behaving that way is just low class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies