Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Owning a gun doesn't make a a warrior type and my idea of masculinity isn't shooting birds with a shotgun.
Like I said, it's the mindset. I want to take care of myself and my own is a masculine outlook on life. Women seek to be protected by others, be they their fathers, brothers, husbands or the police. That's why women value men of power whether this power be social, physical, or economical. men don't seek the same in a woman. In fact they outright seek to dominate a woman. This is why most men won't consider a woman larger, stronger, or whatever compared to them. This is all common sense.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Like I said, it's the mindset. I want to take care of myself and my own is a masculine outlook on life. Women seek to be protected by others, be they their fathers, brothers, husbands or the police. That's why women value men of power whether this power be social, physical, or economical. men don't seek the same in a woman. In fact they outright seek to dominate a woman. This is why most men won't consider a woman larger, stronger, or whatever compared to them. This is all common sense.
Some men feel they can take care of themselves without a gun.

And this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well here's the opposite opinion again. Most anti-gunners don't post on CD so how would you know whether they've owned a gun or whatever.
Having done military service and owned many long guns over the 66 years I've been alive; I'd hypothesize I represent a fairly large spectrum of folks who are anti-gun hugging types. Please note I did not say gun owner types, but rather, you foaming-at-the-mouth "guns make you a man" types.

You nuts are the very epitome of who should not be allowed near anything that can dispatch human life from a remote location.

Anyone making the assertion that the ownership of a gun differentiates between those who are manly, independent, self-reliant and those who might be weak, effeminate and dependant, as many of you on here, are the type of infantile personality that should be kept at arm's length from anything that can fling a projectile.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Does Bushmaster count?

Yes. That's a real ad.
Disgusting....

Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,345 times
Quote:
Some men feel they can protect themselves without a gun. And this
I consider myself a strong man. I stand taller than 6'6" and I weigh over 260lbs. I keep myself in shape. Even so, it'd be close to impossible for me to defend myself without a gun when my opponent has a gun. I'm not so much concerned about people who feel they don't need a gun. That's fine. My issue is with people who want to ban guns. That's a symptom of mommy america and is a feminine outlook on the problem.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Lucky for you bad grammar isn't one of them.
Lol. If I had a gun, grammar nazis would be the fiest to go.

But seriously, did you have something to say?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd reckon most guys that carry guns have more testosterone than Bill Maher.
Bill Maher carries a gun and advocates ownership.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Then why do you call the guys with the guns whenever something bad happens to you?
We're not calling the guys with guns just because they have guns. You don't just walk into a police station and say, "i want to be a cop", get handed a gun and a pat on the back. Police Officers are (supposed to be) professionals. Most of their job does not involve pulling a gun.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since he says that the Pentagon can't get as many guns as they would like to have I can't wait to see what he says about DHS ordering 7500 of those assault weapons to use for personal defense. Maybe they should share with the Pentagon since they aren't supposed to need protection from us.

Most of the people I have seen linking guns to masculinity come from the far left side where you come from.
Cept he never said this. Go back and listen, this time.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Most gun owners will never fire their weapon at another person and I wouldn't consider modern day hunting masculine.
Hunting with a knife, speer, or bow and arrow, that's manly.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,472,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post

Wrong! Some men may think like this but I can assure you MOST men do not. Give me a lifetime partner any day of the week over the simpering female who needs a shoulder to lean upon.

You do the female species a disservice in describing them using assumptions that haven't been accurate for perhaps a hundred years or more.

Have you forgotten your history with Rosie the Riveter figuring prominantly in carrying the day when men were in rather short supply? Try telling her you need her to be subserviant and reliant upon your manliness and your little pop-gun and I bet you wear a size 8.5 as far up your rearend as she could put it.

Manliness has nothing whatsoever to do with the pansy-azz characterizations you fellas are giving it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.