Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times

Advertisements

Not more masculine; plenty of women refuse to be victimized. Not really tougher, unless by that you mean not squeamish or prissy.

But, with the exception of criminals, braver? Yes. I don't know many gun-owners who I could not describe as uncommonly brave; particularly in terms of willing to defend themselves, their family and friends. If you aren't brave, you probably don't have a gun: you have to at least think you can stand your ground and defend yourself when attacked.

The key descriptions of a (non-criminal) gun-owner I would say are: independent, self-reliant, practical (no, the cops won't get to the scene in time to save you), and having a strong sense of justice.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Are gun owners really tougher, braver, and more masculine than non-gun owners?

Of course they are. They're not only tougher, braver and more masculine, but their nuts drop lower, their voices are deeper, their trucks are bigger, and their chicks are hotter.

Now think about THAT you gun grabbing, wind chiming, dream catching, granola eating, bunny kissing, tree hugging, kumbaya singing, thumb sucking panty wastes.
LOL! So THAT is what a gun fondler spends his time dreaming of, huh? Thanks for letting us know how a gun makes you feel.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Not more masculine; plenty of women refuse to be victimized. Not really tougher, unless by that you mean not squeamish or prissy.

But, with the exception of criminals, braver? Yes. I don't know many gun-owners who I could not describe as uncommonly brave; particularly in terms of willing to defend themselves, their family and friends. If you aren't brave, you probably don't have a gun: you have to at least think you can stand your ground and defend yourself when attacked.

The key descriptions of a (non-criminal) gun-owner I would say are: independent, self-reliant, practical (no, the cops won't get to the scene in time to save you), and having a strong sense of justice.
I do think that gun fondlers live in a fantasy land of their own, imagining themselves as heroes, rescuing this damsel in distress and that one, saving people, going where no man has gone before. ROFL! Buncha nutjobs.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Tougher for sure...tougher then you unarmed men.

. The Custom Pistols of Steven Seagal

Steven Seagal: Lawman - YouTube

Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
LOL! So THAT is what a gun fondler spends his time dreaming of, huh? Thanks for letting us know how a gun makes you feel.
This is going to come as something of a SHOCK, but juneaubound is a female!

Don't you 'FEEL' smart now?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Tougher for sure...tougher then you unarmed men.

. The Custom Pistols of Steven Seagal

Steven Seagal: Lawman - YouTube
Uh oh

Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
This is going to come as something of a SHOCK, but juneaubound is a female!

Don't you 'FEEL' smart now?
Then I'm going to have to replace the "his" with a "her" in my post, won't I?

Hey, there are exceptions to everything. That's why the word exists at all. Recently I saw a woman boxer on TV. She'd get the crap beaten out of her by a man, but she's a boxer anyway. Unusual, but a fact.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh for heaven's sake that's just patently bullcrap of the first order! You gun nuts constantly make that assertion; even in the title of your threads for cry'n out loud. Aren't you reading the same stuff I'm reading on here?
I talk to real gun owners with families, jobs, and responsibilities, not anonymous internet mall ninjas.

The thread title is a ludicrous whine from someone who apparently gets his information from Oprah, nickelodeon, and DNC talking points.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I do think that gun fondlers live in a fantasy land of their own, imagining themselves as heroes, rescuing this damsel in distress and that one, saving people, going where no man has gone before. ROFL! Buncha nutjobs.
The only fantasy I see is someone who has one and "doesn't like to talk about it". They don't/won't practice. Everyone is a crackshot on demand with no work. You fumble that mag change and freeze up under s malfunction in stress. Let me guess, you got the pizza box qualifying?!

Don't you know, the guy who HAS been shot at and had bad things happen to him is the first in line...not the other way around.

The blowhards still believe they can talk their way out of anything. You'll be talking at your own funeral too.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
The only fantasy I see is someone who has one and "doesn't like to talk about it". They don't/won't practice. Everyone is a crackshot on demand with no work. You fumble that mag change and freeze up under s malfunction in stress. Let me guess, you got the pizza box qualifying?!

Don't you know, the guy who HAS been shot at and had bad things happen to him is the first in line...not the other way around.

The blowhards still believe they can talk their way out of anything. You'll be talking at your own funeral too.
Oh yeah? And I'm still trying to figure out the speed at which a gun owner can pull his gun out of his holster when someone is already holding a gun to his temple. Any stats on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies